3DXChat Community

Jackpine's Jaunts

JackPine

That makes two ayes, the motion carries.  Not to mention the motion next to the ocean.  This concludes today's committee meeting, time for Happy Hour.  Sex on the Beach, anyone?  The drink you naughty minds :P

INGREDIENTS

Ice

1 1/2 oz. vodka

1 oz. peach schnapps
2 oz. orange juice
2 oz. cranberry juice

Orange wedge, for garnish

Edited by JackPine

Ironic how a place of fantasy can mimic real life.  How you can fly so high you don't feel you'll ever come back down, to boom! Moments you struggle to find any valid meaning to why you're here.  Familiar faces not around, rooms full of people with no meaningful or interesting conversation, an innocent comment taken the wrong way to sour a mood, not to mention the hateful comments in World Chat and some particularly vile and worthless posts here on the forum.  Hard for us to leave our baggage at the door when we enter.  We are all human after all, with our own set of warts and flaws.  Its gonna happen!     

The nice thing about here? At least one can always log out and take a break.  Not as easy on the outside!

Since I try to keep my eye on those mountain peaks basking in sunshine, I will hike myself out of this dark valley.  The sun is bright over the next ridge, and with it the bright jewels of goodness and fun I have found and love to share.  Maybe not today, but tomorrow is only a day away!

A late winter snowstorm put the brakes on another day on a frozen lake, dangling a line for trout. Late season ice fishing coincides with another season in the US, tax season.  After clearing snow, I busied myself reviewing last year's tax documents, taxes withheld,  paid, etc. Getting it done! 

It got me thinking about my 2020 in other ways, the year I discovered this place.  What an interesting,  wild, and mostly wonderful adventure it has been!  The game has been  a vehicle for fun and a pleasant distraction from all the other crap 2020 dumped on us.  And I have found some really cool, interesting, awesome people I am humbled to call friends.  Friends, surprisingly that I care about, that I want to brighten their days like they have mine.  Much more fun to reflect on than these tax questions!

To 2021!

• 2 weeks later...

Ever went so far out of your comfort zone and not even realize it, because it was so damn fun?  What a day!

I am still shaking my head and chuckling in wonder.  There was a comment about me being such an innocent person.  Surprise!

2 hours ago, JackPine said:

Party goer, mingler, exhibitionist. What the...?!

As much as I love the quiet corners of 3DX to immerse myself in the setting, music, and my partner, getting out there and mixing it up with friends and lovers is becoming a blast!

So many of you here... incredible! ❤️

Most of the time I will meet someone while mixing it up as you say. 
Then take them somewhere quiet to immerse myself in them ^^
Nothing better then to relax with someone while my ears are still ringing and catching my breath from dancing. And then maybe slip into another dance to lose my breath all over again. 

Today marks a year when I was pushed out the door of the office and commenced working from home full time.  Although a man accustomed to the woods, and a fair amount of solo travels, forced isolation hit me hard.  I missed the daily routine of getting up on a schedule, stopping at the local coffee shop to smile and flirt with the staff, go to the office and work with my team.  This was replaced with all day bed pants, crappy ready to brew coffee delivered via Amazon, and impersonal Zoom conference meetings.  Non-working hours reduced to looking at the same housemates, and 'socially distanced' visits outside with a smattering of the same set of family and neighbors.

Stir crazy.

Then by chance I stumbled on all of you.  Clubbing, bar hopping, dancing, exploring worlds almost real and worlds seemingly from a galaxy far far away.  I have met many of you, friended a number of you, and even took a number of walks on the wild side with a few of you.  There has even been the bungling imperfect nature of human relationships that has caught me from time to time.  What a ride!

This silly game called 3DX?  It is so much more.   With apologies to Milton Bradley, this place is the real Game of Life (all naughty pieces included).

I am still crazy, but now I am not alone in craziness.  I have you all to share in the blame.  For that I am thankful, and I thank you.

Life is full of forks in the road.  Make the most of the path you are on.  My life is full of woulda' coulda' shoulda' moments.  They can eat me up from time to time if I dwell on them.  But I am here, alive, and surrounded by those I respect and appreciate.  

I am alright.  WE are alright.    

You ever have that feeling that life happens in a weirdly connected way, even here?  Shortly after being confined to working from home I found this place and the game.  I discovered a wild limitless world, fascinating characters, friends, even lovers.  Even here there have been ups and downs, but what ride!

This week though promised a light at the end of the covid tunnel for me.  I am on the list for the vaccine later this month.  This means a return to the office as well.  Meanwhile here, I got to enjoy an impromptu opening of a club co-managed by a dear friend of mind, wonderful friends popping back after an absence wanting to reconnect, existing friendships getting more and more intense as only 3DX can deliver. Its like I am on the crest of the wave, enjoying the ride until we crash on the shore, and this place ebbing away a bit as normalcy  returns. 

Until then?  I fully plan on enjoying the ride!

5 minutes ago, Derai said:

While your work might reduce your time on 3DX, there’s nothing stopping you from just doing Both. 
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. 
image.gif.0b2d588b5b0f7747088085bae8d72e85.gif

Trust me, the gears in my rusty brain are turning on this already~

15 minutes ago, JackPine said:

You ever have that feeling that life happens in a weirdly connected way, even here?  Shortly after being confined to working from home I found this place and the game.  I discovered a wild limitless world, fascinating characters, friends, even lovers.  Even here there have been ups and downs, but what ride!

This week though promised a light at the end of the covid tunnel for me.  I am on the list for the vaccine later this month.  This means a return to the office as well.  Meanwhile here, I got to enjoy an impromptu opening of a club co-managed by a dear friend of mind, wonderful friends popping back after an absence wanting to reconnect, existing friendships getting more and more intense as only 3DX can deliver. Its like I am on the crest of the wave, enjoying the ride until we crash on the shore, and this place ebbing away a bit as normalcy  returns. 

Until then?  I fully plan on enjoying the ride!

To add to this, I met Laynie.  The person responsible for the music stream over at Lake Keely.  It was like meeting royalty for me.   Even gave her suggestions on some additional music, and will be added.  Floored.  

Ruh-roh. 

Working from home this past year I now rely heavily on using instant messaging to communicate with colleagues. It also has given me the opportunity to distract myself in 3DXChat and related discord servers.  It seems somewhere along the line how I interact within these platforms has merged.

I was instant messaging with a member of my team regarding a project and poking some holes in my proposed approach.  With my air of self-deprecating humor honed here, I had my teammate rolling.  At one point she exclaimed, "I bet you were a real hit with the girls back in the day".

Oh boy. She has no idea... 😉

22 minutes ago, Nektar said:

Just please please please be careful so you don't accidentally post a 3dx message in a work colleague chat 😬

Why I close out of the game when work needs to be addressed.  Not just the posting, but distracting friends like you, Nek!  ❤️

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

Group sex.  An orgy.

Something I had not participated in, not because I didn't think I would enjoy it, just that I wouldn't be very good at it.  Interacting descriptively and engaging with all parties seemed too daunting.

Wrong again~

The issue could be the "focus" or to whom are you paying attention. When we try multidimensional relationships, reduced to a mere mechanical short-time binary interactions, could work but without soul. The physics says that interactions with more than three bodies at the same time are stochastic. Binary relations are more pleasant, and with time could synchronize to see the same horizon.

🖤