3DXChat Community

Jackpine's Jaunts

JackPine

Funny how life's journey is never straight.  As well it shouldn't, because straight is boring.  When I first discovered this place, the forum was the place I enjoyed most.  The game was a bit frustrating to me and it took some time to figure out how to interact and meet people.  And the forum is always available, when in game time is not.  Now the inverse is seems to be true.  In game time is fun, and it doesn't take long for messages come my way to join a party, or better yet, an invite for something a bit more... hands on.  Meanwhile, here I seem to be in a rut.  Getting baited by trolls, reading and making comments about game changes I don't believe will ever be implemented, and revisiting the same topics over and over.  Still appreciate you here that are still active and positive in sharing your opinions and thoughts.  I am sure in time the road will curve again, and lead me back to here as a place to spend time and enjoy it fully! 

Edited by JackPine
Grammar Police!

I liked Travel's 3DX log, you can find it in his Travel Advisory diary.  This morning before work, I uploaded the latest update to the game.  Logged in to the game just to make sure I could play later tonight, and low and behold a friend was online that wanted to show me some of the new things:

|:|

Don't know when this bubble may burst, but so am enjoying these moments.  😀

Now to wipe this shit-eating grin off my face before my first zoom meeting. 🤪

Spent a few hours running errands for my elderly parents in an effort to keep them safe from the COVID surge being felt in our area.  Picking up groceries and prescriptions, and knowing by the number of people in the store, the virus had to be in the air around me.  Then dropping the packages at my parent’s door with a ring of the doorbell and a wave.  Felt more like the mail carrier than a son.  Stressful and not fun.

The morning left me in a funk, so I do what I do when the day has got me down.  I went for a walk in my woods.  Alone among the trees and fresh air gave me a feeling of safety and peace.  I wandered down to a piece of low ground that in the warm months is too wet to explore.  What I thought may have been the makings of a new pond proved correct.  A new beaver lodge heaped high with logs and mud had been erected against a new dam, backing up water deep enough to not freeze solid this winter.  Just off the lodge a large cache of aspen and willow branches stuck in the ice, placed by the beavers as their winter food supply.

Inside that lodge a beaver pair will stay safe and warm as winter’s cold winds blow outside.  Food is available at their doorstep due to their late summer and fall storing of branches.  Snuggled in close and secure, there is not much for the beavers to do but relax, eat, sleep, mate, until spring’s warmth and snowmelt frees their pond from winter’s icy grip.

I am taking a page from my beaver friends.  We have entered our winter of COVID.  Stay home and make the best of it.  Cook up some comfort food, kick back, rest and relax.  Enjoy this indoor world and each other, and play. Have sex if you so desire.  We are safe here, and helping keep those that need to be outside the lodge safer as well.  We will find ourselves in spring soon!

20201206_163343a.jpg

Sometimes life takes those turns that takes you out of the light and into darkness.  It definitely fits the bill this year with us attempting to cope with a pandemic.   Fear for ourselves,  our family and friends, the way we live.  But as a glass half full sort of a guy, I believe behind every dark cloud is a silver lining.  

Becoming basically  shut in at home, I discovered this place.  And the fact is it is not the game per se, but so many of you.  Some real quality people wander inside the walls of 3DX, and its been a treat getting to meet and know you.

You are that silver lining. 

Edited by JackPine

The ‘game’ is just the medium. 
A way for personalities to mix and combine. 
In the same way you’d meet people in a bar, or at a bus stop or anywhere. 
There’s something that brought everyone there. But after that, it’s up to the people to make it memorable. 
The prettiest vista in the world is meaningless if you can’t share it with someone. 

Oops. Rambled on a bit. 
My bad. 
Anyhow, you’re good people too Jack. 

40 minutes ago, Derai said:

The ‘game’ is just the medium. 
A way for personalities to mix and combine. 
In the same way you’d meet people in a bar, or at a bus stop or anywhere. 
There’s something that brought everyone there. But after that, it’s up to the people to make it memorable. 
The prettiest vista in the world is meaningless if you can’t share it with someone. 

Oops. Rambled on a bit. 
My bad. 
Anyhow, you’re good people too Jack. 

Derai, you are welcome to ramble here all you want.  You are definitely a gooder one.  I am honored to know you.

• 2 weeks later...

Life's a Beach! 

Today was the winter solstice.   In my part of the world this is when the sun struggles to reach the treetops, and winter's white is firmly in place until the calendar reads late spring.  What better way to shrug off the winter blues then spending a late lunch soaking in the sun at one of the nude beaches that have cropped up as of late.  Listening to music and half paying attention,  I was surprised to find a pretty blonde had joined me in the chairs that were placed at the water's edge.  After soaking toes in the warm water, and a bit of nice conversation, the afternoon ended with the heat that only 3DX can bring.  

I think I love winter now~

Putting my goofy, carefree, and naughty side away for a moment to reflect.  Whether you believe or practice in the christian faith you can still take something moving and wonderful from the Christmas story.  A story of wonder, beautiful lights and sounds, peace and tranquility,  a gift from heaven to all of humanity,  gifts for each other, love.  I hope even though we may play and tease, you do know I appreciate and treasure the gift of you.  All of you.  May you be blessed, I sure am.  Merry Christmas!

On 11/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, JackPine said:

Lake Keely (TheLake)

As much as I love my travels in 3DX to places far beyond my backyard, I have fallen in love with this place.  Gentle breezes course through pine and birch, the rocky shorelines where reeds grow from the shallow water, gentle waves on the water broken by little islands dotting the lake, the sun seemingly becoming one with its reflection on the water.  Reminds me of summer sunsets just down the road from me.

And the music!  Another place where the selections fit the place so perfectly it gives me goosebumps at times. 

I find myself putting myself on a rock or dock and alternate some work with taking in the peaceful water and views of the islands off shore.  Quite a happy place for me.

Kudos to whoever built this place.

Late in my work day yesterday I found a need for a bit of peace and gentle music, so I dropped in at the lake.  Sitting by a campfire on the beach and enjoying the relaxing environment, I noticed another that had sat down on the pier overlooking the bay.  With a glitchy load, this person's avi didn't look quite right, but a read of their profile was all that I needed.  I walked over and struck up a conversation that turned out to be just delightful, even with my falling off the pier, and needing to wade out the water.  Smooth Moves Jack will not be my nickname anytime soon. 

Fast foward to today, and we met by the lake again.  Another delightful conversation that turned decadently delicious.

Lake Kealy is magical.  May its magic work for you, if you choose to make a visit. 

New Year's Day found me in my favorite 3DX club, mixing with friends found in 2020.  Delightful and fun.  Today found me outside in the other world that makes me feel so alive.  The former way hotter than a Minnesota winter, but the latter?  Beautiful in its own right.  My 2021 is starting out right.  I am a lucky man.

Resized_20210102_171636.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

As I wait for a password reset at work I thought I should drop a line in my diary.  Okay, the password reset is done, but shhhh.  Priorities. 😛

The New Year is starting out much like the end of last year.  Still stuck with a limited social circle outside this virtual world due to Covid concerns.  For that I am happy to have found this place.  It is only virtual in a sense, because I have been fortunate to meet so many people here.   By and large everyone I have made an effort to get to know, they have turned out to be real, amazing and fun individuals to hang and get down with.   You have made these days way less lonely!

A couple of notable updates:

• With finding a cabin scene I would love to create as my own world, I have been toying with World Editor.  Thanks to @Torax for so kindly offering to help build the cabin.  The first draft looked awesome.  Having experience with photo editing software and a creative knack with photography I thought this would be easy.  So NOT the case!  Building in 3D adds an exponential level of complexity, at least in my slow mind!  Wandering the rooms in 3DX I am always amazed at the level of creativity and now I gained a real appreciation for how these wonderful places come to fruition. You Builders ROCK!
  • Last evening found me in a strip club (not that surprising, lol), but not in a seat, but up on the stage.  Not that easy to look good, engage the crowd, and make those tips!  By the end of the evening, I was having fun and even earned a few gifts. Will I keep my day job, yes!

P.S. If you happen to read this, and had found a pair of black dress shoes (size 11) laying on the sidewalk, those are mine.  I dropped them during a clothing change. 🙃

Friday found me on my lunch break on the shore of Lake Keeley admiring the view of the water and some relaxing music.  As I made my way to the exit, a frequent poster here surprised me with a hello.   A delightful person and just a pleasant chat.  This world never fails to make my day, and make my lunch hour run over.  Whoops!

Another celebrity (at least in my eyes) sighting today!  Wandered over to Havasu Falls before work today to dip my feet in the water and enjoy the sun.  Catching sight of a frequent contributor here and to the game, I had to say hello.  What a treat!!  Our conversation had to end too soon, but I look forward to next time.  This place continues to surprise me!

Although my diary, since you are all free to read it,  I don't  mind feedback.  I say that because I have had some observations in the past couple days.

• Iggied?  I was in Sin one morning enjoying my coffee, a bit of music and local chat when one of the guys PM's me and goes, "Do you see So and So over there dancing?  Who is she  dancing with?"  I look through the crowd to find the person he is referring to and there she is slow dancing and making out.  With a partner I can't see. I go, "I dunno, she is dancing with a ghost?"  He goes, "No, that person has iggied us!"   Really?  I didn't know whether to feel a sense of pride that I am now a real member of 3DX for being iggied, or a bit sad since I always try to be a good 3DX citizen and respectful of all.  Is that the only way to know you have landed on someone's naughty list?
  • New members with surprisingly similar profiles.  I am spending more time logged into the game, picking a room and quiet corner, and go to work on another screen while I listen to the music.  If I pop back in and see someone pretty and desirable (almost everyone!), I like to glance at their profile.  I am seeing several lately where their avatar is different, different pictures in their gallery, but the structure and content of their profiles are very alike.  Are new members getting a template to populate their profile, or is there a lot of alt switching going on?  On a related note, the longer I am in game the more you will be stuck with JackpineTim.  He is happy and having a blast being just...me.
  • Quiet can be good.  Been to a couple of large events (100+ players in room) the past couple days, and although I love the vibe and what some of these DJ's are doing with their sets, I quickly get disoriented keeping up with Local Chat, PM's from others in attendance, etc.  I leave going it was fun, yeah, but did not really get a chance for a deeper connection with anyone.  Then I can go to a quiet room, pass by a single person, make an introductory comment, and 1 1/2 hours later leave with a smile and warm afterglow of stimulating conversation and perhaps more.  I will leave it at that.  My diary doesn't reveal all my secrets! 
Edited by JackPine
Grammar police

As you've said it was ok I will quickly comment on the 'Iggie' paragraph as what you were told wasn't necessarily the case.

I was in Sin a week or so ago when a friend joined me.  I went and sat at an empty table for us to chat when they asked me if I knew such and such as they were already sat at the table.

They hadn't ignored me, it was just a bug that for some reason was not allowing their avatar to load on my screen.

It used to be a pretty common bug a while ago, you'd be in a room and see a friend chatting in Local but not be able to see them, or vice versa, but is much rarer now, at least for me.

The only way I know of to be sure someone has ignored you is to check their profile, but obviously you need to know who it is you can't see and also where to find a gift they've sent or who they're married to or suchlike.

3 hours ago, HazyRays said:

As you've said it was ok I will quickly comment on the 'Iggie' paragraph as what you were told wasn't necessarily the case.

I was in Sin a week or so ago when a friend joined me.  I went and sat at an empty table for us to chat when they asked me if I knew such and such as they were already sat at the table.

They hadn't ignored me, it was just a bug that for some reason was not allowing their avatar to load on my screen.

It used to be a pretty common bug a while ago, you'd be in a room and see a friend chatting in Local but not be able to see them, or vice versa, but is much rarer now, at least for me.

The only way I know of to be sure someone has ignored you is to check their profile, but obviously you need to know who it is you can't see and also where to find a gift they've sent or who they're married to or suchlike.

I was in a club earlier where the chat would have indicated an avatar was in a different part of the room, but from my view they were standing somewhere else.  I reloaded the room, and the avatar changed locations.  But then no one could see my text in local or private.  Rebooted the game and all was well.  So there can be bugs.  I will take it as some sort of glitch.

For some that would be a mood killer.  Luckily, I am not one of those people!  Only issue was time and RL interruptions today.  Just more to look forward to!

Must be some sort of evolution of me as it relates to our 3DX world.  Over lunch I dropped into a local tavern I like, since it seems to fill with fun people to chill with.  Got into a conversation with a friend who was beginning to share some struggles in their life at the moment, when the game decided to go down.  Not once, but several times.

It is one thing when you are in the heat of the moment, getting you and partner's rocks off.  But when you are trying to be that ear for a friend in need, that wants to talk things through?  That's when I give the finger to the 3DX gods!

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

Must be some sort of evolution of me as it relates to our 3DX world.  Over lunch I dropped into a local tavern I like, since it seems to fill with fun people to chill with.  Got into a conversation with a friend who was beginning to share some struggles in their life at the moment, when the game decided to go down.  Not once, but several times.

It is one thing when you are in the heat of the moment, getting you and partner's rocks off.  But when you are trying to be that ear for a friend in need, that wants to talk things through?  That's when I give the finger to the 3DX gods!

It's those moments that Discord shines.
I was having a good conversation with someone earlier today too, game booted me and would not let me back in, so we switched to Discord to continue the convo.

3 minutes ago, Derai said:

It's those moments that Discord shines.
I was having a good conversation with someone earlier today too, game booted me and would not let me back in, so we switched to Discord to continue the convo.

Yes.  Long live 3dx, but long live Discord too... in just these cases!

Funny thing I just realized.  Here I sit, approaching a year when all things shut down.  Travel, going to work in person, dining out, even visiting family.   Then I happened upon this place thinking it might be some fun, or at least to kill time during a lockdown....

Fast forward to today.  Not only have I met and friended people from all around my great country, but also Canada, Argentina, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands (what is it with you Dutch?!), Denmark, Sweden, Australia,  the Middle East, etc.  I am sure there are others I have missed.  What lockdown?!

Even though we are still in dangerous times and I pray for all of us to come out of this safe and healthy, I have found you all a blessing to help me get through this.   Together.  Thank YOU!

Edited by JackPine