3DXChat Community

Character Editor Lighting

Adara

Can we please get the same 'Weather / Lighting' options in our dressing room (character editor) as in the user rooms in game.  This would allow us to apply our makeup and create our outfits with all lighting possibilities available in the game.  It would be a significant improvement that would allow us to adjust as needed based on the lighting we are planning on being in without having to pop back and forth to our room and back a million times just to try and get it right.

It gets very frustrating to think you have an amazing look, only to walk into your room and be shocked by what you look like.  Many times, the colors appear no where near what you created in the character editor and you feel like a clown or like your makeup was applied by a 2 year old.   Under certain lighting conditions, a nice warm palette can end up glowing like you were exposed to nuclear waste. 

This can also effect other players and lead to frustration while they wait as we attempt to correct our make up by playing the musical rooms game.  

Thank you

image.png.e9c57f4301687986cbb6269eb0680c89.png

I support your suggestion of having the lighting options we have in the rooms.

The lighting in the editor is way too bright, then when you go to a room, everything you have on (hair, makeup, clothes, shoes) all looks darker (sometimes much darker) than it is in the editor.

Edited by pretty

48 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Is it so difficult to turn the avatar and then have different lights? By the way the lights won't help, as many builders overuse the lights....

In the Character Editor is no natural sun and night light like in World Editor! You have always a lightsource  that affects your skin/makeup! Turning your Avi in CE brings nothing because it is completely different using "unique Lights" that affects your Character present! It is a huge difference!

Edited by Rodin

8 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Is it so difficult to turn the avatar and then have different lights? By the way the lights won't help, as many builders overuse the lights....

I agree that it helps slightly to spin the avatar but still find it necessary to jump back and forth to my room.  We shouldn't have to use a shared world to test lighting when we have a character editor that could provide all possible lighting options.

I've found that I can drastically reduce the number times I need to return to my dressing room when I I test in my own custom world first, as I have all available lighting options there.  Granted it can't be perfect as it's impossible to predict the specific lighting of all individual user rooms, but it is much more effective than simply turning the avatar.

4 minutes ago, Adara said:

I agree that it helps slightly to spin the avatar but still find it necessary to jump back and forth to my room.  We shouldn't have to use a shared world to test lighting when we have a character editor that could provide all possible lighting options.

I've found that I can drastically reduce the number times I need to return to my dressing room when I I test in my own custom world first, as I have all available lighting options there.  Granted it can't be perfect as it's impossible to predict the specific lighting of all individual user rooms, but it is much more effective than simply turning the avatar.

Yeah.  I also hop from editor to my room and back to editor several times to get the colors to look right in rooms.  This is a needless waste of time and it's frustrating.

12 minutes ago, Adara said:

I agree its a huge waste of time and very frustrating!

Would be cool if you could set up a specific section of your personal room for the editor like you can set the spawn location and then experiment with all the different lighting options. Rather than the fixed lighting, but this may cause too much strain perhaps.

10 hours ago, Ashbash said:

Would be cool if you could set up a specific section of your personal room for the editor like you can set the spawn location and then experiment with all the different lighting options. Rather than the fixed lighting, but this may cause too much strain perhaps.

That's a great idea Ash, although I agree it would likely be a strain.

Any improvement would be welcomed and appreciated over what we currently have.🙂