3DXChat Community

Color Picker/RGB Values

Fyrefly

Hi All,

Laz here...still trying to wrap my brain around some of the features in the Editor. A big one...does the Color Picker have an actual picking or sampling tool that I'm just not seeing? I want to be able to pull and match colors from all of the wonderful creations I'm seeing, but it seems that I can't get exact RBG values from any object I select. Any solutions that can be shared here would be appreciated.

Ciao!

Lazlo

Also any custom color you have saved in your colors doesnt work in Tha World Editor.

You can select it, but all RGB Values, Color code, Color Grid doesnt work.

So matching tha floor color you made for a rug fo eg in one room is fly bah tha seat of ya pants if ya want to match tha exact color for a lamp shade, if you didnt save that color as a custom color. Tha obvious remedy is ofc saving tha color as a custom but we are limited in blocks to save all tha colors .

Unless im doing sumting wrong.

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Alliehotass

While I dont know how to do it, there seems to be a way to sample colours as ive seen it far too often but not known how it happens. 

While im busy moving, merging making, there has been many times ive seen the picker change to the colour of the object selected and I keep thinking I realy should take note of what I did for that to happen, but then I forget about it and go back to my building. :P  

It's either a bug or an oversight, but yes, when you select a single object and use the color picker, we should be able to see the existing RGB/Hex settings of that object. It does have those values, it's just that the devs didn't make them visible under those editor conditions.

Edited by Xaufin

• 4 months later...