3DXChat Community

Change/addition to marriage system

Kaili

I always thought the idea of a marriage system in this kind of game was kind of odd, but since it is here, I think it should be expanded on.

I would like to either have the ability to marry more than one person at once and/or add a "harem" (or similar). 

I would up marriage to allow 3 people to get married together.

Adding "harem" would work for a lot of these "dom/sub" relationships as well as those who just want to have a harem 😜

There is not a lot of room in our profile, especially for the very verbose, so it is easy to run out of room adding names and relationships.

It would also kind of "lock people in", the same way marriage does now.

We already have guys running around begging women to marry them.  Plus the last thing I would want is to be in a guy's "harem."  Then you'll have guys trying to collect women like a pokemon trainer.

As for using this in a Dom/sub relationship.  Doms who have multiple subs usually aren't very good Doms to began with.  I say this as someone who has been a practicing sub for a while.

Edited by Jada Sinns

9 minutes ago, Jada Sinns said:

We already have guys running around begging women to marry them.  Plus the last thing I would want is to be in a guy's "harem."  Then you'll have guys trying to collect women like a pokemon trainer.

As for using this in a Dom/sub relationship.  Doms who have multiple subs usually aren't very good Doms to began with.  I say this as someone who has been a practicing sub for a while.

I have no issue with those who want a harem. I had a nice stable once myself before my stallion held a coup and took over by asking me to marry him. There is someone on another game with 22 wives and people do not admire him they laugh. So instead of allowing more in a marriage why not the ability to form a formal harem/stable?

19 minutes ago, Jada Sinns said:

Agreed. My husband is my Dom.

How about instead of a marriage system, let users make their own relations public on their profiles. Much like Anaganda said, make names clickable, or simply have a button that says relations where the married persons name currently is, which would then open window where you can add whoever you want, with whatever title you want, they would need to accept this on their end too. I think this would cover most people and their needs, if you want a harem that will do it, if you want to just be married, then thats still possible.

Just my thoughts

I like the harem idea, but for it to be good, I think it makes sense to finish what we have. Last names, place of residence (one location for both characters), property, prenuptial agreement where you can prescribe the basic requirements . And after all this done, do harem, where each family member will have their own functions and contract. I think it would be interesting. And each family member understood why he is in this status and whether this status can be improved or changed at all.

5 minutes ago, Manyasha said:

I like the harem idea, but for it to be good, I think it makes sense to finish what we have. Last names, place of residence (one location for both characters), property, prenuptial agreement where you can prescribe the basic requirements . And after all this done, do harem, where each family member will have their own functions and contract. I think it would be interesting. And each family member understood why he is in this status and whether this status can be improved or changed at all.

Harem  or  Stable. hehe How does one become the stallion? hmmm lol

Edited by SusanLouisa

37 minutes ago, Manyasha said:

prenuptial agreement where you can prescribe the basic requirements . And after all this done, do harem, where each family member will have their own functions and contract

Why making things so complicated? Prenuptial agreements, contracts... aren't you have enough of formal rules, regulations and limitations irl? I would never marry in game if marriage system would become so complicated. It would be such a buzz killer. For me ingame marriage is like openly and publicly pointing at this person "He/she is the most precious person in this game for me and so am I for her/him. Deal with it." And about rules... If the couple needs to create some formal regulations for whatever reason, do they really need to have contracts for it? Just decide it between yourself, make vows and care about each other. I mean what will formal contract give you? For example your partner violated the contract. What will you do? Will you sue them in 3dxchat-court and take their property? 

5 hours ago, Tauri said:

How about instead of a marriage system, let users make their own relations public on their profiles. Much like Anaganda said, make names clickable, or simply have a button that says relations where the married persons name currently is, which would then open window where you can add whoever you want, with whatever title you want, they would need to accept this on their end too. I think this would cover most people and their needs, if you want a harem that will do it, if you want to just be married, then thats still possible.

Just my thoughts

Yes. Wisest words in this thread. The marriage system is pretty silly. 10,000 Xgold for a clickable name in your profile and a one-time animation...and a 5,000 Xgold requirement if things go bad or that person leaves the game and you want to move on. If marriage actually had some kind of tangible game benefit, maybe I could see the point. Otherwise, I can put someone's name in my profile all by myself.

Let us define our own relationships, and if you want an actual marriage system we pay for, apply some game benefits to it. Maybe being able to jump straight to your partner's location (catch 'em cheating! Mwahahaha).  Perhaps some special clothing options only available to married couples. At least give us a ring we can put on our finger! :) Maybe these aren't the best ideas, I dunno. Just brainstorming here. But make it worth it to spend the Xgold, which also makes Xgold itself more valuable.

Edited by ShannonRay
Clarifying my language.

5 minutes ago, ShannonRay said:

Yes. Wisest words in this thread. The marriage system is pretty silly. 10,000 Xgold for a clickable name in your profile and a one-time animation...and a 5,000 Xgold requirement if things go bad or that person leaves the game and you want to move on. If marriage actually had some kind of tangible game benefit, maybe I could see the point. Otherwise, I can put someone's name in my profile all by myself.

Let us define our own relationships, and if you want an actual marriage system we pay for, apply some game benefits to it. Maybe being able to jump straight to your partner's location (catch 'em cheating! Mwahahaha).  Perhaps some special clothing options only available to married couples. At least give us a ring we can put on our finger! :) Maybe these aren't the best ideas, I dunno. Just brainstorming here. But make it worth it to spend the Xgold, which also makes Xgold itself more valuable.

Its the same in real life isn't it? Spend tens of thousands on one day when going to the court house does the same thing and a 50% chance will end in divorce. Most tend to look at the positive side of things.

I think we all define our own relationships anyway. Wedding rings and a shared room would be great. A room not open to the public but one we could each enter without having to invite each other.  The room of course should be one of our choosing or at least one we could customize.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:44 PM, Xizl said:

Why making things so complicated? Prenuptial agreements, contracts... aren't you have enough of formal rules, regulations and limitations irl? I would never marry in game if marriage system would become so complicated. It would be such a buzz killer. For me ingame marriage is like openly and publicly pointing at this person "He/she is the most precious person in this game for me and so am I for her/him. Deal with it." And about rules... If the couple needs to create some formal regulations for whatever reason, do they really need to have contracts for it? Just decide it between yourself, make vows and care about each other. I mean what will formal contract give you? For example your partner violated the contract. What will you do? Will you sue them in 3dxchat-court and take their property? 

why take my words so seriously? it's all just a fantasy about marriage and rules) that you immediately react like that).I believe that the wedding process and the clothes and things should have a special meaning, not just the husband's name in the profile.

Edited by Manyasha