3DXChat Community

[Crashes] Can we please stop rushing the server

ClaraLust

Okay, I know this might be useless, but it doesn't cost anything to try.

Server is crashing, almost daily. Yet, we don't learn from our mistakes. Every crashes, people are rushing the server as soon as possible to go back into the game. It makes the server overload again and crash again, again, again, again.... Writting these lines, the server is down for more than 20 minutes, and people are still trying to reconnect/rush, making it crash again endlessly. We're just acting like zombies in World War Z, brainless.
I'll use a silly metaphor I used somewhere on the forum:

Imagine playing the game is like riding an elephant with your friends. Suddenly, the elephant gets super tired and falls on his side (the server crash). Trying to reconnect instantly is like jumping all at once back on the elephant, hoping he will rise on his paws again. But in the end, he's just crushed by the weight and can't get up. 

This can be checked really easily. When server is crashing before noon (EU time), there's a few people reconnecting instantly, and the server doesn't crash again. When it happens during the evening (still EU time) the queue sometimes go over 600 players and the server can crash 20 times in a row, and we can't play for sometimes more than 30 minutes. 
So please, can we try to be patient and avoid to connect back during ~10-15 minutes when there is a crash, at least until this new server software is up and crashes are gone (hopefully).

Thanks for reading. 🙂

Edited by ClaraLust

20 hours ago, PluushPuussy said:

I confess that I rush it, hoping the wonky server will let me change clothes finally.

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

I am guilty as charged.  My problem a) my time in game is limited and b) crashes always seem to occur during some deliciously hot RP!  Talk about coitus interruptus!🙃  

Well, by doing so you're shooting yourself in the dick, because it makes the server crash again and again and prevents everyone from playing 🙂

Edited by ClaraLust

8 minutes ago, ClaraLust said:

Well, by doing so you're shooting yourself in the dick, because it makes the server crash again and again and prevents everyone from playing 🙂

I will try to practice patience next time, Clara.  We are all in this fantasy together!  And besides, the last thing I need is a shot up dick!🙃

I have not been able to connect for two days because it gives me server problems and in the only two times that I entered it disconnected me after a few seconds .. it is shameful all this basically we pay and we should have a much more stable and secure service

1 hour ago, Jada Sinns said:

You have such a way with words Miss Clara :)

Haha, sorry, English isn't my first language, I try to make myself clear 🤷‍♀️

48 minutes ago, Gabryiel said:

I have not been able to connect for two days because it gives me server problems and in the only two times that I entered it disconnected me after a few seconds .. it is shameful all this basically we pay and we should have a much more stable and secure service

If you couldn't get connected during two days, it's not because of the server, the problem must come from your client I think. Because there are some disconnections, but the servers are up most of the day. 

Edited by ClaraLust

2 minutes ago, ClaraLust said:

Haha, scusa, l'inglese non è la mia prima lingua, cerco di farmi capire  <font style=🤷‍♀️">

Se non sei riuscito a connetterti per due giorni, non è a causa del server, penso che il problema debba provenire dal tuo client. Perché ci sono alcune disconnessioni, ma i server sono attivi quasi tutto il giorno. 

no my client works well and the demonstration is that when it connects me it always gives me more than 150 people in the queue

Oh wow I sound so serious in Italian. 😄

Well then you're just super unlucky and you connect at the exact same time when the server crashes. Because it happens mostly once or twice a day max, for 30m, sometimes less. 

Edited by ClaraLust

14 minutes ago, ClaraLust said:

Oh wow, io suono così serio in italiano. <font style=😄">

Bene, allora sei semplicemente sfortunato e ti connetti nello stesso momento in cui il server si blocca. Perché succede principalmente una o due volte al giorno al massimo, per 30m, a volte in meno. 

pity that comparing with other people have had the same problem of mine for two days, are we all unlucky?

32 minutes ago, Gabryiel said:

pity that comparing with other people have had the same problem of mine for two days, are we all unlucky?

I don't know what to say. Game is running great. We're all playing it right now. Contact the support, the servers are up, the problem doesn't come from it. 

Just now, ClaraLust said:

I don't know what to say. Game is running great. We're all playing it right now. Contact the support, the servers are up, the problem doesn't come from it. 

Its running fine since I can't be there.  Maybe its me?!!  Too hot for server!!! 🤪

On 12/6/2020 at 17:33, ClaraLust said:

Non so cosa dire. Il gioco sta andando alla grande. Lo stiamo giocando tutti adesso. Contatta l'assistenza, i server sono attivi, il problema non viene da esso. 

even now I was inside and suddenly disconnected and he never lets me back in ... and like me 6 other people ... always our fault?

I don't know what percentage of users even reads the forums, but this issue could and should be solved on the development side. If the server can only support a certain number of connections at a time, slow the rate at which the queue connects people.