3DXChat Community

Is there a room hosting guide?

Kliwp

I just got the game. I want to make and host a room, but I don't see a guide anywhere on how to customize your hosted room. For example, I want to set the maximum size of the room to like 10, since my room is going to be small. It looks like the max size of a room is like 120 or something? Can we lower that?

3 hours ago, Kliwp said:

I just got the game. I want to make and host a room, but I don't see a guide anywhere on how to customize your hosted room. For example, I want to set the maximum size of the room to like 10, since my room is going to be small. It looks like the max size of a room is like 120 or something? Can we lower that?

what you mean room size like file size or actual size of the room 

Hi Kliwp,

As for setting a maximum number of people in your room at any given time, the answer is no if you post your room in the World Room List. The way around that is to invite your friends on your friend list to join the room, or do it by Group chat. Those are your only 2 options to limit the number of people.

Hope this helps,

John

Thanks for the response everyone.

Unfortunately this is not good. There should be a way to set the maximum player room size.  Let's say you host a room that's popular, but you only intended it to have 40 or 50 people, having 80+ people would ruin the experience.  If there are too many limitations like this, it decreases the chances of me purchasing an additional month of game play.

1. Is there a thread the developers read so I can request this vital core feature?

2. Can we customize the room interface or commands?  There has to be guide for room owners. You should be able to change certain aspects of the room, for example the max player count.  Surely there are other options like this right? Can we set a welcome message for the room?

Edited by Kliwp

It might be just me, but there’s been a few of these threads already haven’t there?

Where folks ask for functions that only exist in the malware infested unstable Stolen version of the game. 
Which in some cases is trying to paint itself as the Free Trail version of the official game. 

1 hour ago, Derai said:

Which in some cases is trying to paint itself as the Free Trail version of the official game. 

Not really. 

I mean, these folks here maybe try to rationalize it this way, but the pirates themselves not really trying to paint their stolen version as a free trial of the official game. 

There are two sites, I am not going to give any links but will describe.

One, where it's all started – is not really their site. It's a site about adult games. Lets name it "siteA". SiteA has huge amount of pirate content. But it also has huge amount of legal content – threads created by gamedevs who are sharing free versions of their games there because siteA has a very large userbase. Some devs looking to increase the amounts they gain from the patreon by attracting new people, some of who will end up paying, some just develop some little adult game or VN mostly as a hobby and simply want to share their creation. So... In the thread of these guys who pirated 3dxchat you will see the mention of SexGameDevil and the link on official site. Because it's not their site and even if siteA is a pirate content related site, at least partially – they still have some common dignity and require to left links on official sites of the game in all threads.

But the other story is second site I will talk about. It's a site owned by these guys who pirated 3dxchat. Let's name it "siteB". There you will not see a single mention of 3dxchat or SexGameDevil. They disguise this stolen and modified version as their own game. They even calling it their game in the comments in their thread on siteA. I am pretty sure if siteA would not hold them by the balls with rules – these dickheads would happily remove any links on official site and even any mentions of 3dxchat and SexGameDevil in their thread, because they clearly understand that everyone who are ready to pay will eventually leave them and move to the official 3dxchat because their outdated, 32bit version of the game just simply can't compete with official version. Yeah, they have some pretty features like the ability to kick from the room or transfer xgold but it's nothing compared to the amount of lacking content, it's basicly just year+ long outdated version with some little modifications, some of which are quite nice but still not even nearly enough to compensate the lack of new poses. And on top of it – shitty servers that can't provide enough resources even for their little community. And... well, if you don't like some parts of 3dxchat community like... Cold spammers, guys who don't bother to write a profile, people who starting to ask you for rl contacts after a one sex or even beforehand, naked wankers and huggers, trolls, bigots, just general assholes and dickheads. Well, imagine the amount of such a personalities on a free to play pirate server of sexgame where you can create/delete accounts/avis for free. And yeah, I guess it's obvious from my post that I tried this place... Well, what can I say. I know that it's dangerous and wrong, but I am too curious person, I can't help it. And what I can say for sure – nothing to do there if you can afford paying for official version.

3 hours ago, Derai said:

It might be just me, but there’s been a few of these threads already haven’t there?

Where folks ask for functions that only exist in the malware infested unstable Stolen version of the game. 

For most of us this game is not our first rodeo.  I cannot speak to the options provided by pirated/stolen version as I was never tempted to go there. But I can say that these options did not originate there. Many games have these options. 

14 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

For most of us this game is not our first rodeo.  I cannot speak to the options provided by pirated/stolen version as I was never tempted to go there. But I can say that these options did not originate there. Many games have these options. 

I realize that. It’s just that recently there’s a few new people talking specifically about very specific features and there’s a tone to those posts. 
Might be just my paranoia I guess. 
Never mind me. 

11 minutes ago, Derai said:

I realize that. It’s just that recently there’s a few new people talking specifically about very specific features and there’s a tone to those posts. 
Might be just my paranoia I guess. 
Never mind me. 

I am having the same feeling. They are mentioning the exact things that exist on the pirate server but not on official one. They are very specific at it. 

Edited by Xizl

2 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

And to keep being paranoid, it has began around the time of the DDOS attack..

I doubt it is them tbh. I mean, at first I tought so too. 

But there is one thing that does not connect with this theory well: 

They are quite poor. They can't afford themselves a decent server. Even if people would move from the official server to their – they don't have server powers to take them in. And I doubt that they have money they ready to spent for several days of DDoS.