3DXChat Community

Can't Change Clothes (Resolved-- not)

PluushPuussy

Is anyone else having this problem?

I can change clothes (edit or load) but they revert to my old outfit once I leave my closet.

Also, the outfits I try to save don't save at all. Everything looks right, I make a folder (this part works) but the avatar file itself isn't created.

🅐 I've tried re-installing and nothing changed.

🅑 I have 3dxChat and patcher to firewall permissions.

🅒 I used 3dx_reg_cleaner.bat.

🅓 I bought a license to Avast and cleaned everything with that too.

EDIT: Sometimes the outfits will work if I change characters, but not very often. I don't know if this part is even important, but I'm adding it to be thorough.
This has been happening for app. a week.

Edited by PluushPuussy
Contacted by Support

game is going downhill good luck with just waiting for my sub to run out witch is till Christmas unfortunately then i am out of here as well unless the dev's show some respect to the community that are trying to contribute there game with out any benefits 

1 minute ago, Partywiggles said:

game is going downhill good luck with just waiting for my sub to run out witch is till Christmas unfortunately then i am out of here as well unless the dev's show some respect to the community that are trying to contribute there game with out any benefits 

I'm going through all these old topics, trying everything, thinking 'GD- how many third-party apps and permissions do I need to run this game?'. I'm at wit's end here, waiting for Support to get back with me after a week of this and my BF asking me every 20 seconds if I got it fixed. I just re-upped for my first time yesterday and wish I'd waited, now I'm paying for Avast too. I was intending to buy some gold so I could make an alt (I like roleplaying with my BF lol) but it's out of the question now.

1 minute ago, PluushPuussy said:

I'm going through all these old topics, trying everything, thinking 'GD- how many third-party apps and permissions do I need to run this game?'. I'm at wit's end here, waiting for Support to get back with me after a week of this and my BF asking me every 20 seconds if I got it fixed. I just re-upped for my first time yesterday and wish I'd waited, now I'm paying for Avast too. I was intending to buy some gold so I could make an alt (I like roleplaying with my BF lol) but it's out of the question now.

there game never use to be like this where you had to unzip down load this to work and do that etc, i am looking at forums and the titles not one has been responded its like they all packed there bags and left or just dont care for the community that contribute to there game. So who ever is not going to resub or quit all together good luck to use and take care 

I can change clothes, but then my room won't load. When I close out and sign back in, I'm back in my old outfit. Rooms only load if I don't change anything on my avatar (all those new hairstyles don't matter if I still can't use them). And if I enter a public room with anyone else in it, I disconnect in a matter of seconds.

The server is a joke can't handle the load and for clothes men have been promised new clothes for a long time and nothing ever came of it. Most the times I get sarcastic answers like men don't need new stuff they are just props I seen props with more selection then we have. I won't renew either come Christmas! 

On 6/9/2020 at 5:20 AM, BobbiM said:

I can change clothes, but then my room won't load. When I close out and sign back in, I'm back in my old outfit. Rooms only load if I don't change anything on my avatar (all those new hairstyles don't matter if I still can't use them). And if I enter a public room with anyone else in it, I disconnect in a matter of seconds.

Could you solve the problem? And then I have the same thing.

22 hours ago, PluushPuussy said:

I'm appended the topic 'Resolved' since Support contacted me today.

I'm glad to hear you got a resolution.  Is there any guidance from the response you got that you could added here for the benefit of others?

1 minute ago, Leopardus said:

I'm glad to hear you got a resolution.  Is there any guidance from the response you got that you could added here for the benefit of others?

Hi, Leopardus:

I was contacted yesterday via email and waiting for results still. Basically, I gave them permission to log into my account so they could investigate. I still haven't heard back or know when they might do it.

Ok, I think I've fixed it.

I had a duplicate 3DX file saved saved into another folder. The reason for this was I having to re-install so often for another issue that my gold kept reverting to 100 each time. If I replaced this file on each install my gold would be at 300.

I deleted this file and folder (and then from Recycle Bin), uninstalled 3DX, then ran an Avast disk cleaner. I also had to manually delete all the old file folders in my 'Quick access'. After this, I turned off my PC, unplugged my PC for 20 seconds to clear the capacitors, and re-installed 3DX. I then uninstalled it again, turned off my PC, unplugged it, and re-installed it. I did this to clear any temporary files paths saved in my 3DX.

My closet *seems* to be working fine now.

Edited by PluushPuussy

Glad you seem to have got it fixed 🙂.

After reading the complex process you followed, I couldn't help but wonder if it might have been fixed just by deleting the duplicate file?

Edited by Leopardus

9 hours ago, Leopardus said:

Glad you seem to have got it fixed 🙂.

After reading the complex process you followed, I couldn't help but wonder if it might have been fixed just by deleting the duplicate file?

I would have been happy if that worked.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, Leopardus said:

There wasn't any guidance. I was asked if the Dev's could log into my account to check it and I said 'yes'. That was the last I heard from Support four days ago: there was no 'when' or anything else. I was sick of waiting.

Edit: Everything was working fine until this afternoon's d/c and now it's not letting me change again. I'm shopping around for something else. This is too much work for what the creators call a 'game'.

Edited by PluushPuussy

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, playtowin said:

just signed up for this and it says login disabled any suggstions on this?

see the owners they are not letting newbies on right now due to the test server see topic Build 420 Lisa is actually the person in charge of issues at 3dx 

Hope that helps!

Edited by DomGSix