3DXChat Community

CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK

CybersinKatt

39 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

The thing with "ongoing services" is that they evolve over time. When you buy into a service you buy into the quality of that service at that time. For example, when I decided to subscribe to the game a year and a half ago, I did it because the free server test ran just fine. I bought the quality they advertised then. But "ongoing services" evolve, and with their evolution come risk of bugs and server downtimes. This is something that needs to be accepted, which I did, which is why I did not cry out for a refund when the servers failed to work for a weekend. An update can introduce some bugs that can last for a couple of days, then a quick fix will probably fix. It is not just once that the servers lagged during weekends, and the community seems to understand. It comes with the nature of the game. So again, I can understand asking for a refund after a month if most of your first month was full of log-outs. But a month is enough to make a fair assessment on the state of the game. It is also why I ask potential new players (I met a few) to subscribe for just a month at first and see if they like what they get.

When something is broken, you shouldn't call it "evolving" :) You make no sense there. Sounds like you think that if a something breaks, it means that it evolved into... a broken thing.

However it's perfectly reasonable to as for a refund because of disfunctional services, and yes they do settle the refunds. Only it has to be done through support, not realy a place to ask for it in the forums

Edited by Tsela

10 hours ago, Tsela said:

When something is broken, you shouldn't call it "evolving" :) You make no sense there. Sounds like you think that if a something breaks, it means that it evolved into... a broken thing.

However it's perfectly reasonable to as for a refund because of disfunctional services, and yes they do settle the refunds. Only it has to be done through support, not realy a place to ask for it in the forums

The game moves on, things are being added to it via updates. Does this sound better than evolving? Sometimes bugs are introduced collaterally, which is not meant to, but they will be reported, then fixed. Eventually you get some game time added for the time lost. We move on.

If a game on Steam is broken by an update, do you receive a refund for it if you already played it long enough? DOOM getting Denuvo will guarantee you a refund if you played it for weeks already? GTA Online having server issues after a big update would warrant a refund of the game or the money you spent online after months or years of play? I mean perhaps in some territories you can force their hands to give you the money back, depending on what laws are in place, but it boils down to having some common sense and understanding.

11 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

The game moves on, things are being added to it via updates. Does this sound better than evolving? Sometimes bugs are introduced collaterally, which is not meant to, but they will be reported, then fixed. Eventually you get some game time added for the time lost. We move on.

If a game on Steam is broken by an update, do you receive a refund for it if you already played it long enough? DOOM getting Denuvo will guarantee you a refund if you played it for weeks already? GTA Online having server issues after a big update would warrant a refund of the game or the money you spent online after months or years of play? I mean perhaps in some territories you can force their hands to give you the money back, depending on what laws are in place, but it boils down to having some common sense and understanding.

You talk about unrelated stuff there. 

Let me take it slowly for you. 3dxchat is not a product you buy. You subscribe to a service, which should be functional as intended. And it is prefectly normal if somebody asks for a refund and asking for a subscription to be canceled if they chose that. OP wasn't talking about bugs. Was talking about a disruption of teh service, and was asking for a refund. You almost sound like you try to bring in unrelated stuff because you can't admit that you have been proven wrong. In any service, let's say you pay in advance for cable TV, but stops working most of the time, you can file a complaint and you can try to get a refund, and cancel your subscription. Stop confusing things there. 3dxchat is a service with a monthly fee. Not Doom, or GTA a game you buy once and the job is done. GTA online is not a game with a monthly fee.

And yes the devs here do refund your time if you go through the proper channel and contact the Support. Somebody unhappy with the service provided, can cancel it and ask for a refund.

Edited by Tsela

14 hours ago, Whitesnake said:

I bought the quality they advertised then. But "ongoing services" evolve, and with their evolution come risk of bugs and server downtimes. This is something that needs to be accepted, which I did, which is why I did not cry out for a refund when the servers failed to work for a weekend. An update can introduce some bugs that can last for a couple of days, then a quick fix will probably fix.

Are you sure you are talking about 3dxchat?

Because I used to have dissynchronization glitch when I just joined the game 1.5 years ago and I still experience it very often. And it's not some little thingy. It's the most annoying bug in 3dxchat I know. 

4 hours ago, Xizl said:

Are you sure you are talking about 3dxchat?

Because I used to have dissynchronization glitch when I just joined the game 1.5 years ago and I still experience it very often. And it's not some little thingy. It's the most annoying bug in 3dxchat I know. 

For me the game works as intended most of the time I engage with it. Admittedly there are times when it doesn't, but way more time with it working than not working.

7 hours ago, Tsela said:

You talk about unrelated stuff there. 

Let me take it slowly for you. 3dxchat is not a product you buy. You subscribe to a service, which should be functional as intended. And it is prefectly normal if somebody asks for a refund and asking for a subscription to be canceled if they chose that. OP wasn't talking about bugs. Was talking about a disruption of teh service, and was asking for a refund. You almost sound like you try to bring in unrelated stuff because you can't admit that you have been proven wrong. In any service, let's say you pay in advance for cable TV, but stops working most of the time, you can file a complaint and you can try to get a refund, and cancel your subscription. Stop confusing things there. 3dxchat is a service with a monthly fee. Not Doom, or GTA a game you buy once and the job is done. GTA online is not a game with a monthly fee.

And yes the devs here do refund your time if you go through the proper channel and contact the Support. Somebody unhappy with the service provided, can cancel it and ask for a refund.

Speaking of unrelated things, TV is not software. One can't break transmission by adding some content to a TV show.

We clearly won't see eye to eye here. My opinion remains that 3dx doesn't break often enough to warrant a refund, especially after months of play, but to each their own, and good on the devs for giving refunds anyway.

1 minute ago, Whitesnake said:

Speaking of unrelated things, TV is not software. One can't break transmission by adding some content to a TV show.

We clearly won't see eye to eye here. My opinion remains that 3dx doesn't break often enough to warrant a refund, especially after months of play, but to each their own, and good on the devs for giving refunds anyway.

It's not a product you bought and used. It's a service you subscribed to. Beats me howcome you can't see the difference, but whatever

4 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

For me the game works as intended most of the time I engage with it. Admittedly there are times when it doesn't, but way more time with it working than not working.

Well, most of the time game works for me as intended as well. If I would have glitches more than 50% of my gametime I would drop it after first month lol. 

I experience desynchronization glitch every week. Often – several times per week. Sometimes, when I play especially actively and get especially unlucky – more than once per day. For 1.5 years. It's not getting fixed. It's nasty. Both – the glitch and the fact that it is not getting fixed.

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Well, most of the time game works for me as intended as well. If I would have glitches more than 50% of my gametime I would drop it after first month lol. 

I experience desynchronization glitch every week. Often – several times per week. Sometimes, when I play especially actively and get especially unlucky – more than once per day. For 1.5 years. It's not getting fixed. It's nasty. Both – the glitch and the fact that it is not getting fixed.

btw what you mean by ..desynchronization glitch  can u expalin this glitch what is it u mean 

18 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

btw what you mean by ..desynchronization glitch  can u expalin this glitch what is it u mean 

When I am with some person (at my or their place or in some shared location) and my/their avi in different places on our screens. Like... On my screen their avi walking into the wall, on their screen their avi standing near me. Or I am near them, while on their screen my avi walking into the corner. 

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

When I am with some person (at my or their place or in some shared location) and my/their avi in different places on our screens. Like... On my screen their avi walking into the wall, on their screen their avi standing near me. Or I am near them, while on their screen my avi walking into the corner. 

i see ...i call it location glitch :) 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:30 AM, Borlto said:

How many times does the server go down per day? If it's once or twice I can deal with that.

I noticed that recently, during the week it work perfectly (to me) but it happened twice that i've been logged out on friday night (not more than once per night though). So, to me, it stil worth to play the game

Edited by Leeloo

Everyone seems to be stressing out and its not helping. I saw the current pricing and discounts for 6 month and yearly memberships and they are extremely reasonable. With recent DDOS attacks Gizmo and Lisa are under extreme pressure and end result begins effecting other areas like chat bans. A 48 hr ban is nothing. It's not really even a ban its a slap on the hand but still we need some communications on what is and isnt allowed or else there will be alot of resentment with customers and that's not good either. Now. Do they offer a money back garunty after 6 months or 3 months. To be quite honest I don't think I've ever been booted so what makes you so certain its on their end. Providing help full info to tech support would aid in finding out whats causing. I am not a blind flag waver but what I see is 2 Dev/Admin with their hands full and nobody helping criticizing and complaining.

Now that my friends list has grown, the future friends I still want to meet, and the breadth of experiences keeps expanding,  3dx is a steal!  It will be nice to see the technical issues resolved,  but I am not going anywhere!  😃

Read the money back policy on other platforms such as steam ... before talking about injustice towards you. There are also some multiplayer problems(no online player MK10) and many other , but if you played a certain number of hours, there can be no question of returning. :) In any case, all subscription questions should be written in support, and not on the forum. p.s. The game is quite stable and does not cause a sick number of problems, over the past 2 days I flew out for just a few minutes 1 time. 

Before complaining about illegal blocking in the game, you need to read the rules of the game, not knowing the rules does not exempt from liability. BUT support is loyal and often unlocks for violations!

Speaking of frequent crashes, I suppose it is the fault of multiple factors coming together.

The game engine may be dated, but switching to a new one would take serious time and development. It would be cool to see a switch to Unreal.

The game seemingly allows unlimited people to join a map, which can stress the servers. It could help to hardcode a limit for how many people can join a map, or at least allow the map owner to establish that.

The builder as well seems limitless about how many props can be placed on a map, and some builders go crazy with the amount of details and objects placed in. Here a hardcoded limit would be even more justified, although I can already hear the rebellious shouts of artists not wanting to be restrained in any way, shape or form.

All in all, the game engine+servers have to compute and stream all these maps with all these people with all these animations with all these objects, no wonder there are crashes and issues.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, Whitesnake said:

The builder as well seems limitless about how many props can be placed on a map, and some builders go crazy with the amount of details and objects placed in. Here a hardcoded limit would be even more justified, although I can already hear the rebellious shouts of artists not wanting to be restrained in any way, shape or form.

All in all, the game engine+servers have to compute and stream all these maps with all these people with all these animations with all these objects, no wonder there are crashes and issues.

Object count has nothing to do with any server crashes.

The server doesn't do a constant streaming of objects as you think there. And the map isn't opened on the server and streamed directly from the server.

Your room you currently use is uploaded on the server as it is, and anyone joining that room simply download the file locally as the client requests that from the server. That is why some hackers used to steal rooms since somewhere the map is loaded and exists on the machine. It only requires the server to download the map. Requesting the small map file from it.

The object count might put a strain on your hardware, but it doesn't do anything on the server side. Since the map is loaded once, and not being streamed by the server in real time. Basically as you enter a room, the client downloads the file from the servers, and it loads it *locally* on your machine.

People count does. Without a doubt, especially if there are many people in the same room. That part is streamed, their position on the map, their movement, so on. That's why you see awkward movement and people walking in walls when the server is just clunky. The servers job is keeping track of the characters and streaming their position to every player present in the same place.

Animations also aren't calculated in real time by the server. Animations also exist locally on your machine.

Edited by Tsela