3DXChat Community

(3DX CHAT DEVS) why are we not getting answers from the devs for these random bans or blocks

Partywiggles

1 minute ago, djMoonNoire said:

so why haven't these people been banned in the past?

because they weren't enforcing the rule and it was never at the saturation point it is today, people went too far, they had to intervene.

I understand that spam can be annoying all the time but I also understand that if you want to talk to people who interest you more there are also other ways to socialize a pm or open a room only for that I do not justify the serial spammers is clear but I find excessive ban for 46 hours who maybe advertises his room only once in a day

18 minutes ago, djMoonNoire said:

eh no Nicholas if you ban spam, you must ban even if you offend people in chat, tell me the difference

They aren't covered by the same rule, one is not dependent upon the other, I'm sorry, you're just wrong on this.

Edited by NicholasP

37 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

Nicholas, do you think that people would have listened if Gizmo posted : Adds spamming in WC is forbidden !

Sometimes, extreme measures are needed. Unfortunately, there was some collateral damage with ppl who don't spam often getting banned.

One thing is sure, I think all spammers get the message now.

Extreme measures is a final solution. At first they should have given a warning. It's not a lot of work to add warning in discord and on the login screen.

34 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

because they weren't enforcing the rule and it was never at the saturation point it is today, people went too far, they had to intervene.

it has nothing to do with that at all. Something is going wrong there and we all know it. people randomly are banned even if they don't even own a room, nor insult anybody.

It's obvious that it's some sort of automated lazy measure the devs implemented, and not looking into it, and some random salty people reporting whoever they don't like and some stupid bot doing the rest. You can be banned just as easilly this way, even if you don't spam. Some people who simply don't like you can report you for spam then and poof you are on the bench for a while.

Edited by Tsela

Also, when you violate the rules that you agree to when you sign the terms of service, you can’t then expect the developers to compensate you game time for when you was banned. I know most people don’t read the rules. A lot of it is just common sense, don’t be a bully, don’t be racist, don’t talk about or promote illegal stuff like rape and drugs. While this came as a shock that they started enforcing the no advertising rule, most people now know and the reason they got banned and won’t break the rules again and the worst they got was a 48 hour ban, which is really not the end of the world.

9 minutes ago, Tsela said:

it has nothing to do with that at all. Something is going wrong there and we all know it. people randomly are banned even if they don't even own a room, nor insult anybody.

It's obvious that it's some sort of automated lazy measure the devs implemented, and not looking into it, and some random salty people reporting whoever they don't like and some stupid bot doing the rest. You can be banned just as easilly this way, even if you don't spam. Some people who simply don't like you can report you for spam then and poof you are on the bench for a while.

who was randomly suspended? I haven't seen any evidence of that so far.

2 hours ago, SlvKathyBP said:

the sentence written by Partywiggles  for me is not advertising ... it is a simple description of the location and kind of location ...

the advertising phrases are quite different, where there are performance prices, external addresses of the game ... these are advertisements

Please, why are people making themselves sound silly by trying to be smart? They are in game advertisements for parties(which is blatantly obvious when that 'simple' message consumes ten lines of chat) which is not what wc is for. People just need to accept facts, they cant advertise in wc any longer, you're fighting a losing battle if you think you are going to force any change in that.

Edit: I'm sorry, it appears wiggles posted a line ad , not a big one in an attempt to circumvent the rule. Well, the subsequent second banning makes sense then. No ads means no ads.

Edited by NicholasP

5 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

Please, why are people making themselves sound silly by trying to be smart? They are in game advertisements for parties(which is blatantly obvious when that 'simple' message consumes ten lines of chat) which is not what wc is for. People just need to accept facts, they cant advertise in wc any longer, you're fighting a losing battle if you think you are going to force any change in that.

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

why are you quoting that at me? lol

Just now, NicholasP said:

why are you quoting that at me? lol

3DXChat related advertising is not forbidden according to the game rules. 

With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

Just now, Xizl said:

3DXChat related advertising is not forbidden according to the game rules. 

With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

I would interpret that as being official 3dxchat announcements, not advertising by users.

Advertising using ASCII art that contains text or simple regular text on a line REMAINS advertising.

We have no clue of what's going on right now, so i'm staying away from any form of interaction in WC.

As much as I like you and your place partywiggles, you ultimately took a chance by trying to circumvent the, what seems like, application of the no advertisement rule.

Bottom line, from what i'm seeing, ads of any kinds will not be tolerated .. I can live with that, no problem.

The point of ALL those threads out there about it right now, the bottom line, is that it would have been nice to know there was a change in the enforcement of those rules. I say IT WOULD, not like they had ANY obligation to inform us BUT after you were suspended the 1st time, you should have played it safe and refrain from advertising.

So sorry but .. the 2nd suspension you got .. that's on you.

And that goes to all the others that got suspended a 1st time in recent days. I had posted about it on the forums to specifically warn other users, dj's and hosts that it could be a possibility that people would get suspended. Yes, I know, not everyone reads the forums BUT, there have been many talks on WC since last Thursday about what's going on. So, I don't really think anyone is self absorbed enough to NOT have known.

Edited by Stellania

You know @Xizl the more I read that Rule. 
Platoon, Clan and Company recruitment advertising is allowed via that. 

So if the Divas would advertise in WC “Who wants to join our Group?” It’s not against that rule. Because it’s ‘Recruitment’. 

But “Come to our party!” Isn’t recruitment. It’s 3DX related only because our venue is located on the 3DX server. 

2 minutes ago, Stellania said:

Advertising using ASCII art that contains text or simple regular text on a line REMAINS advertising.

We have no clue of what's going on right now, so i'm staying away from any form of interaction in WC.

As much as I like you and your place partywiggles, you ultimately took a chance by trying to circumvent the, what seems like, application of the no advertisement rule.

Bottom line, from what i'm seeing, ads of any kinds will not be tolerated .. I can live with that, no problem.

The point of ALL those threads out there about it right now is that it would have been nice to know there was a change in the enforcement of those rules. I say IT WOULD, not like they had ANY obligation to inform us BUT after you were suspended the 1st time, you should have played it safe and refrain from advertising.

So sorry but .. the 2nd suspension you got .. that's on you.

yeah but you opened a discussion and i have too its been a week we haunt got one response from the dev's for anything at least they can come out and say , hey look people we have this time taken the advertisement actions if any advertisement done on the wc will be a suspension on your account for this time etc its this and that easy.

why make a forums for your game as a dev if you not going to respond to your paying customers this is the actual topic once there clear fine.

and yes i will keep a close eyes on wc as well i wont be advertising anymore but same time i see anything bad written racial or anything that is wrong i will be reporting on the spot just to see how the devs really work same time be posting it on the forums 

@NicholasP @Derai

In this case devs should have make their game rules less vague. Actually, they should have do it before the bans. And give people a warning about changing the rules or starting to enforce them after years without doing so. That would be a decent way to act. Instead they for some reason preferred to make it ugly. When the community already angry and irritated with every or almost every day sever shutdowns. Honestly, the only reason why they don't lose tons of subscribers now is because 3dxchat does not have any decent competitors.

Just now, Xizl said:

@NicholasP @Derai

In this case devs should have make their game rules less vague. Actually, they should have do it before the bans. And give people a warning about changing the rules or starting to enforce them after years without doing so. That would be a decent way to act. Instead they for some reason preferred to make it ugly. When the community already angry and irritated with every or almost every day sever shutdowns. Honestly, the only reason why they don't lose tons of subscribers now is because 3dxchat does not have any decent competitors.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point. 

My statement wasn’t a dig at you, just an example of how vague the rules are written. 

The reason they don't lose a load of members is that generally the game is good and it's good value for money, other games are much more expensive to play.The number of people getting upset about an issue such as this one is minimal.

I think you will find that most games' rules are vague, they allow a lot to be left up to interpretation. It's a common complaint everywhere.

Edited by NicholasP

6 minutes ago, Partywiggles said:

yeah but you opened a discussion and i have too its been a week we haunt got one response from the dev's for anything at least they can come out and say , hey look people we have this time taken the advertisement actions if any advertisement done on the wc will be a suspension on your account for this time etc its this and that easy.

why make a forums for your game as a dev if you not going to respond to your paying customers this is the actual topic once there clear fine.

and yes i will keep a close eyes on wc as well i wont be advertising anymore but same time i see anything bad written racial or anything that is wrong i will be reporting on the spot just to see how the devs really work same time be posting it on the forums 

I understand that, but it doesn't seem like having any kind of information in this regard is something we'll get unfortunately.

I don't report whatever happens in WC. I'm not the 3DX police nor do I want to do THEIR jobs. I won't fall into that kind of vitriolic gameplay and there are plenty of self appointed guardians of WC right now. I just wish that all the so called rules from 3DX get enforced with as much vigor as the no advertisement rule. Then we can see a multitude of other threads about people being suspended for breaking rules that are now enforced without warning.

My point remains though, you knew you could get suspended, you took a chance, you got suspended another time .. can't blame anyone but yourself for that one.

Edited by Stellania

15 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

the game is good and it's good value for money

Generally I agree. Not the last weeks / days tho. And I can understand that they have server problems and they need few weeks to develop a new server solution. But sorry I just can't udnerstand this lack of respect and care about players/customers. No clear rule. No warnings. No answers. Nothing.

3 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Generally I agree. Not the last weeks / days tho. And I can understand that they have server problems and they need few weeks to develop a new server solution. But sorry I just can't udnerstand this lack of respect and care about players/customers. No clear rule. No warnings. No answers. Nothing.

Well that is the weakness really, communication. A simple announcement would have been sufficient.