3DXChat Community

(3DX CHAT DEVS) why are we not getting answers from the devs for these random bans or blocks

Partywiggles

I understand you and think like you logan I give them my 44 euros subscription special covid19 but I no longer want to stay here without my friends and this is only the 1st wave ^^

Rather than dissecting what is and what isn’t “advertising” why not just play it safe and not post anything in world chat which makes people aware that your room is open, like every host has stopped doing and not getting banned, yet there are a couple who continue to post about their club in world chat and surprised they get banned again?

We can have some discussions about how much of an actual impact that advertising in world chat actually has anyway. Or whether there should be a separate chat channel for just advertising. Or maybe they should just get rid of world chat all together.

They added the 60 second rule to try and stop spam. Even after that I still see people posting ads every 60 seconds, or worse, friends getting around the 60 second rule by a group of friends posting on each other’s behalf. Unfortunately, not everyone is respectful and end up ruining the experience for everyone else which is why we have these rules. Given the sheer volume of messages, it is easier to ban everyone who breaks the rules rather than judging each one on a case by case basis, which is also largely subjective.

@PERL try to stick to topic. This is about bans, not about bugs, which I fully agree with you are not acceptable, but that is for another topic.

Edited by MidnightMist

even i have membership i am on free game dont want to be there thay are disrespective and do not pay attention on customers like in every trade market customer is always right you sell i buy is simple if you not have respect i go that is not just my opinion ppl who play more than i will go from game and for them is better to fix server next time when server kick me out cuz thay cant fix it i will ask for my rights to back me my money cuz thay are shiters and think thay are gods not for me maybe for someone who like to kiss thay asses but not me is just bunch of shiters nothing more

45 minutes ago, MidnightMist said:

The rules are clear and it seems like they are enforcing them, which they haven't done in the past. The account section on the 3DXChat account section explains the reason for the ban, usually something like "WC spam". Yes, they could probably be even more transparent, but if you are going to keep breaking the rules then they will keep banning and I don't know if there is like a 3 strikes and then you are out sort of policy, so I wouldn't just advertise as a protest, and if you don't like the rules then you are always free to cancel your subscription and move elsewhere.

2.04. Spamming is prohibited messages in chats. This therefore includes excessive use of caps.
2.09. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats.

Not to be a dick, but we all have to follow the same rules.

Interesting way of looking  at  it but I think you miss the big  picture,.

Rooms have been  openly  advertising in WC  for a very long time, if the devs want to suddenly  decide to not turn a blind eye anymore, fine but you do it with a  warning, or an explanation, not by the  wholesale banning of a ton of your paying   customers, who are left  floundering  in the  wake  of their non existent customer support policy.

my god  what  an appalling business model.

Furthermore there are a huge number now of  people  who know the definition of the word spam and know  what advertising is who have been banned,  but are absolutely  clueless as to  why this has  happened.

Some where not even online, many  who have been banned  have not committed  breaches  according to the  definitions either ,  which further  confuses the issue, although not as much  as a bunch of Devs hiding in the  cupboard

Edited by VeronicaLee
additional

but I wonder but the rules were already there one morning you wake up and you decide to enforce them .. something doesn't come back to me !! Until two weeks ago, everything was read on the world, why not apply them even earlier for much more incorrect attitudes than to advertise a room? I understand the rules and respect but respect must also be for the paying people of this game who still claim its opening without paying users I don't think it would last long !! or in any case correctly users are given answers which is not the case here

6 minutes ago, djMoonNoire said:

but I wonder but the rules were already there one morning you wake up and you decide to enforce them .. something doesn't come back to me !! Until two weeks ago, everything was read on the world, why not apply them even earlier for much more incorrect attitudes than to advertise a room? I understand the rules and respect but respect must also be for the paying people of this game who still claim its opening without paying users I don't think it would last long !! or in any case correctly users are given answers which is not the case here

26 minutes ago, VeronicaLee said:

Interesting way of looking  at  it but I think you miss the big  picture,.

Rooms have been  openly  advertising in WC  for a very long time, if the devs want to suddenly  decide to not turn a blind eye anymore, fine but you do it with a  warning, or an explanation, not by the  wholesale banning of a ton of your paying   customers, who are left  floundering  in the  wake  of their non existent customer support policy.

my god  what  an appalling business model.

Furthermore there are a huge number now of  people  who know the definition of the word spam and know  what advertising is who have been banned,  but are absolutely  clueless as to  why this has  happened.

Some where not even online, many  who have been banned  have not committed  breaches  according to the  definitions either ,  which further  confuses the issue, although not as much  as a bunch of Devs hiding in the  cupboard

I don't find it at all confusing, the message is quite clear by their actions, don't post room ads. It's not difficult to understand. Yes, it could have been communicated to people in a different way but their intention is clear and there are plenty of us who are happy with the final outcome. I don't see the injustice that people are carrying on about, all i see is maybe a misstep in the process from a PR point of view.

I can't believe that anyone could claim that they can't see why it happened, the ads have become more and more intrusive on chat , it finally reached saturation point.

The only question i would pose is why not give people a warning of the intention to strictly enforce the rule rather than just banning people? That, in my opinion is the only misstep here, everything else to do with it i applaud them for, removing ads from world chat and applying the same standards to everyone.

Who are the bunch of devs you refer to? As far as i know there are only two people who work to develop and administer the game. I'd much rather they spend their time working on the game, especially considering the issues they have faced over the past few weeks, than being in forums responding to everybody. All i think they needed to do was make an announcement, they don't need to be involved in back and forward discussions.

A few people who convinced themselves that they were something more than just another user got a reality check and had their egos bruised. They'll get over it and the game will go on because the silent majority in the game just don't have an issue with any of this.

I don't think anyone here is convinced they are nobody people open the rooms to entertain people to make some music nothing else but explain to me why these rules were not applied up to two weeks ago? is read on the world of everything ... then say ass and fuck is not banned but if I advertise my room for example I am banned for once explain the difference

Reminder to all who are rewriting the rules, rooms are either in platoon or clan recruiting, as long as Dev have not said their word... it is the rule. You probably have a piece of shit who reports people...and an automate process does the job. https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

Edited by MeiLing

Maybe the reason was cause devs were looking at endless purple spam on WC and realised that every kind of communication in WC is totally impossible...and they finally started to act according to it? 

Yesterday I was reading WC and I must say, WC is really good to read when there is no endless spam. Gizmo did a good job.

4 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

Nicholas, do you think that people would have listened if Gizmo posted : Adds spamming in WC is forbidden !

Sometimes, extreme measures are needed. Unfortunately, there was some collateral damage with ppl who don't spam often getting banned.

One thing is sure, I think all spammers get the message now.

I agree that a lot would have ignored it or not seen it, but at least it would've avoided most of this furore. I would have just announced that we are going to ban anyone who posts ads in wc from a certain date. I do agree that it was effective though, it got the desired result very quickly.

5 minutes ago, djMoonNoire said:

I don't think anyone here is convinced they are nobody people open the rooms to entertain people to make some music nothing else but explain to me why these rules were not applied up to two weeks ago? is read on the world of everything ... then say ass and fuck is not banned but if I advertise my room for example I am banned for once explain the difference

It doesn't really matter what happened two weeks ago, obviously they have decided to strictly enforce the rules from now. Things have obviously reached a breaking point.

8 minutes ago, djMoonNoire said:

I said a few people thought they were something they're not, i didn't say all, plenty of people who open rooms do it for enjoyment , i did the same thing myself for two years.

Just now, djMoonNoire said:

so why haven't these people been banned in the past?

Who said nobody was banned in the past? I was banned 2 times. Once for insult, once for saying bad stuff about game development.

Both bans were 100% right. I would have banned myself too.