3DXChat Community

(3DX CHAT DEVS) why are we not getting answers from the devs for these random bans or blocks

Partywiggles

15 minutes ago, Tracer said:

World chat is so clean now -  Its so much better. Its not perfect but at least its a channel i can look at without my eyes bleeding.

I understand people are upset at the way it was cleaned up _ but honestly I think some of the worst offenders really didn't understand how bad it had become to try and use world chat for anything (Finding someone I got dc'd from or checking where people are or just generally talking to people).

And also what you all seem to forget is that we were TRYING to ask people to stop spamming.. there was daily drama in the chat where people were trying to be polite and ask people to not spam every 3 seconds.. and being blocked or just insulted. It got to the point that the very subject of spam was its own drama.

And finally when people started spamming using alts - so the same flashy box popped up again again again again again..in between another and another again again again again...

I think 36 hour ban is more than reasonable for that. I'm glad you were stopped. I'm glad you were punished. Kudos to the devs.

Are you well?

15 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Are you well?

yes I am.thank you . but is it OK that i have a different opinion without that you question my sanity or mental health? Is my opinion no less valid than yours?

EVERYONE I KNOW is happy world chat is cleaned up. EVERYONE I know hated how ridiculous it was before. This thread has lots of people complaining about how draconian the response was from the devs. But would anything less have worked? Polite pleading obviously didn't work. 

I think this thread has a very very vocal and belligerent minority forming a kind of echo chamber and trying to proclaim this as some horrible action taken by a powermad dev team. Some of the comments here are frankly unrepeatable and borderline personal abuse towards the devs as far as I'm concerned. Again: just my opinion.

But for the record I personally think that a clampdown and cleanup was an entirely reasonable and long overdue action against people who persisted and persisted in the face of vocal opposition from the majority of players.

Many many players have been blocking World chat spammers - and that is detrimental to the entire community. 

But to be clear: This is only my opinion. I don't think Im sick for expressing it. I don't think its a particularly hostile or extreme opinion.

Let me ask You a question ☙𝔼𝕩❧.. Is it OK that there are more than one side and one opinion to this thing?

15 minutes ago, Tracer said:

yes I am.thank you . but is it OK that i have a different opinion without that you question my sanity or mental health? Is my opinion no less valid than yours?

EVERYONE I KNOW is happy world chat is cleaned up. EVERYONE I know hated how ridiculous it was before. This thread has lots of people complaining about how draconian the response was from the devs. But would anything less have worked? Polite pleading obviously didn't work. 

I think this thread has a very very vocal and belligerent minority forming a kind of echo chamber and trying to proclaim this as some horrible action taken by a powermad dev team. Some of the comments here are frankly unrepeatable and borderline personal abuse towards the devs as far as I'm concerned. Again: just my opinion.

But for the record I personally think that a clampdown and cleanup was an entirely reasonable and long overdue action against people who persisted and persisted in the face of vocal opposition from the majority of players.

Many many players have been blocking World chat spammers - and that is detrimental to the entire community. 

But to be clear: This is only my opinion. I don't think Im sick for expressing it. I don't think its a particularly hostile or extreme opinion.

Let me ask You a question ☙𝔼𝕩❧.. Is it OK that there are more than one side and one opinion to this thing?

There were people banned for nothing here. I hope you have read this topic. This is not an opinion. Just a fact. I putted in my iggy people who was spamming with using friends. Maybe they could be banned for such avoiding 60 seconds, but iggy was enough in my opinion.

I will add my opinion. I saw few times our WC yesterday. It was a mess with room promoting and still a mess without it. 60 sec helps a little, but i saw everything yesterday lol Just a trash.

4 hours ago, Xizl said:

I understand it.

But now, they are giving bans for people who advertise in world chat. 

Let's say – they opening new, advertisement or rooms/parties channel. And they don't ban for advertisements there. But still ban for advertising in world chat, in other rooms, etc. Now tell me – why would people advertise anywhere aside of this new channel then? To get banned? Okay, they will be banned and will learn the hard way to advertise in a right place. 

Most post because they want to have people come into their rooms, having the tab would only have other room owners or those posting for that room posting so they're not getting their message out there for others to see even though they can click on the tab, it was suggested before and it didn't happen as I had in 2015 when the HTML was so bad in World.  Maybe the Devs would take that into consideration and the only warning is just that, you post anywhere but there you get an automatic ban for 48 hours.  It was suggested before that you have to pay to advert or to not show them in World but why should those who don't wish to see them pay for that ability when it shouldn't be crazy with room adverts anyway.

7 hours ago, Tracer said:

I think 36 hour ban is more than reasonable for that. I'm glad you were stopped. I'm glad you were punished. Kudos to the devs.

Are you glad that the ones who did not abuse world chat with advertisements and posted a single advertisement or a few ones in a hour were punished as well? 

6 hours ago, Tracer said:

This thread has lots of people complaining about how draconian the response was from the devs. But would anything less have worked? Polite pleading obviously didn't work. 

Are there only two options – either do it like it was done or polite pleading and nothing more?

Giving bans after giving a warning at the login screen is not an option? 

Giving bans after giving a warning at the login screen and creating a different chat channel for advertisement, while banning people for doing it in other places in not an option?

You, not only you personally, but most of people who justify this policy, for some reason, probably to make it easier for yourselvs, simplify the issue to the point "people complain because they were banned". While in reality it's more like "people complain because they were suddenly banned without any warnings or clarification from the devs".

And I really can't see where is a problem to create an advertising channel while still banning people for advertising in WC. 

Check these posts:

Why not make it work this way? It would be smooth and effective solution.

I do like the idea of two channels one which is world chat, which is for general chit chat across the game, the other specifically for advertising. As I do agree the world chat was heavily filled with advertisements for parties and rooms, and the posts were very extreme that I just don't look at it anymore and muted the world chat. But having a new chat channel for ads specifically will be the best action I feel in my opinion.

Edited by Ashbash

1 hour ago, Ashbash said:

which is for general chit chat across the game, the other specifically for advertising.

For a "room announcing". 👍

just to do not get across the rules.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

7 hours ago, Xizl said:

While in reality it's more like "people complain because they were suddenly banned without any warnings or clarification from the devs".

Well said .. and that's, in my case anyways, the EXACT reason of my original thread on the topic.

4 hours ago, Ashbash said:

I do like the idea of two channels one which is world chat, which is for general chit chat across the game, the other specifically for advertising. As I do agree the world chat was heavily filled with advertisements for parties and rooms, and the posts were very extreme that I just don't look at it anymore and muted the world chat. But having a new chat channel for ads specifically will be the best action I feel in my opinion.

Or an even better and simpler idea : just remove world chat. No more bans, no more ads, everyone happy.
People would ask "but where do I put my ads", the answer is "nowhere", that's precisely what makes it a great idea. ;) 
Local, group and PM is all we ever needed, WC been a pollution since day 1.

4 minutes ago, Lorelia said:

Or an even better and simpler idea : just remove world chat. No more bans, no more ads, everyone happy.
People would ask "but where do I put my ads", the answer is "nowhere", that's precisely what makes it a great idea. ;) 
Local, group and PM is all we ever needed, WC been a pollution since day 1.

Wouldn’t that lead to people entering rooms to toss a Advertisement into that rooms Local and then leave?

Well, add an News feed tigger for advertising and spam, maybe with limited news postings (two for one hour) besides the WorldChat and everyone should be happy :)

Post two times in one hour a advertising is more as enough. Was also not a fan about the spams in World Chat.

16 minutes ago, Chilles said:

Well, add an News feed tigger for advertising and spam, maybe with limited news postings (two for one hour) besides the WorldChat and everyone should be happy :)

Post two times in one hour a advertising is more as enough. Was also not a fan about the spams in World Chat.

+ Reset the timer if a host was disconnected by any reason.

You know? Aside from all of the ideas for other chats...

I would love the option to Disable World Chat. For my Avi. 
So it just logs on with No chat panel active. At all. 
Just local, PM and group as the lady said. But keep World Chat as something I can Opt Out of. 

A button on the Chat Settings like 'Display World Chat?' and a check to enable or disable it.

Edited by Derai

6 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

The part of community that thinks this way.

Okay then.

Still can't udnerstand what the point in removing something. 

If she or anyone else don't like it they just can stop using it. Yeah, there are a lot of trash and drama in world chat but no one forcing people to read it.

If she personally don't need an advertisement channel – again I can't see where is the problem in just not using it. It's not a lot of work that would slow down development a lot. It's just a chat channel. 

well since now world chat is clean devs should add a advertize tab ..a paid advertize tab with xgold so club owners can advertize their parties there 100xgold per ad is very cool and resonable if you think also the fact gizmo gives free 300 xgold per day so in reality u have 3 ad posts for free every day :) rest u pay :) 

10 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Okay then.

Still can't udnerstand what the point in removing something. 

If she or anyone else don't like it they just can stop using it. Yeah, there are a lot of trash and drama in world chat but no one forcing people to read it.

If she personally don't need an advertisement channel – again I can't see where is the problem in just not using it. It's not a lot of work that would slow down development a lot. It's just a chat channel. 

As many people, the many opinions.

10 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I do not use it, no need to stop. And I think "anyone else" is a lot of people. Can't even remove the WC tab, as Derai said.

I was merely suggesting this for all the complaining peeps, as it would indeed solve most of the problems that was mentioned, but I personally don't care much.

1 hour ago, Derai said:

Wouldn’t that lead to people entering rooms to toss a Advertisement into that rooms Local and then leave?

Well you might be right ;) it did not happen back when we didn't have WC, but today you probably right, maybe the community became that bad.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Stellania said:

I think ultimately there are 2 categories of people :

1- The ones that think 3DX is a sex game with a chat.

2- The ones that think 3DX is a social platform with sexual elements.

I know I am late, but I don't read the forums everyday.... got something to do with real life..

For me its 2....  but I think for some it should be 3.

3-  Practice how to interact with people, before trying in the real world

Edited by AlexaDarkness

7 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

+ Reset the timer if a host was disconnected by any reason.

Well we can post 100 of the best ideas but I think we all know they will be unread^^ 😆😏

In 7 years I got one experience, post Ideas in the forum is mostly a waste of time  ☺️

Edited by Chilles