3DXChat Community

(3DX CHAT DEVS) why are we not getting answers from the devs for these random bans or blocks

Partywiggles

Many like to call 3DX just a game because they think it somehow excuses them from types of behavior they would not do in real life.  Unfortunately this is not just of a sexual fantasy behavior. Sometimes it is mean, hateful, dishonest and malicious. If they can excuse it away by saying it is just a game then they can sleep at night.  Many of them get found out and just create another Avi to hide behind in order to continue that same behavior.  Whenever I hear someone say "This is just a game." It tells me all I need to know about that person and I keep my distance.

I have met many in this community that know me better than those in real life do.  I love my VL husband and I meant every word of my vows to him as he meant his to me. To us it is not just 'game'.  My best friend here died last year. I missed his presence before anyone in his RL did and contacted the RL authorities who went to his RL house and found his RL body.  So "This is just a game" is not in my vocabulary. I understand that to some that is all it is but they will not be found in my friend circle as I do not own that particular filter.

11 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Many like to call 3DX just a game because they think it somehow excuses them from types of behavior they would not do in real life.  Unfortunately this is not just of a sexual fantasy behavior. Sometimes it is mean, hateful, dishonest and malicious. If they can excuse it away by saying it is just a game then they can sleep at night.  Many of them get found out and just create another Avi to hide behind in order to continue that same behavior.  Whenever I hear someone say "This is just a game." It tells me all I need to know about that person and I keep my distance.

I have met many in this community that know me better than those in real life do.  I love my VL husband and I meant every word of my vows to him as he meant his to me. To us it is not just 'game'.  My best friend here died last year. I missed his presence before anyone in his RL did and contacted the RL authorities who went to his RL house and found his RL body.  So "This is just a game" is not in my vocabulary. I understand that to some that is all it is but they will not be found in my friend circle as I do not own that particular filter.

Powerful words, Susan.  Thank you for sharing.  Although the platform (the 'game') allows us to play out our fantasies,  we are sharing that experience with other humans.  Treat others as you want be treated applies here as in RL.

Peace.

33 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

I know some couples who use these platforms to connect while one is travelling and working. They usually don't even know about all these other things happening because they don't care. I like that for them.

Edited by PluushPuussy

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

People complaining not because devs are taking action but because HOW devs are taking action.

If devs would warn people before – there would be 10 times less complaints.

If devs would add an additional advertisement channel and warn people that from now on they will ban anyone who advertise outside of this channel – there would be zero complaints. Or almost zero, maybe couple of people would bitch anyway – but it's always happens. 

If you read what I posted they had another channel called Roleplay where we would go to talk.  I'm looking up the forum thread about this and you can see just how bad it was when trying to talk in World and it's still the same as it was then which is why the Devs have taken action because so many are reporting it because it's enough, World chat should be everything but if you post and others post the same thing over, someone is bound to report it. There's no reason for people to have a huge ass block list because people post their room adverts too many times.  Here take a look and you'll see what I mean.  Now given that they change it and limited characters, people have gotten a little creative with their posts.  Why do you think so many have been asking the Devs even willing to pay to have them not show in World if they don't want to see it.  I see people posting links for their sites that they create rooms and sell them.  Should they be allowed to charge for a room, some would ask because that's advertising a their business of making rooms for money from this game.  Id' have to look back through the screenshots I took and block out names to give an example of how bad it was in World and in Roleplay tabs because they used all three, including going into the local rooms and posting there even in other user's rooms.  Remember we agreed to the rules of this forum and of the game when we signed up, that is our warning, while we may not like it, that is our warning and the Devs can take action without notice.

https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1918-world-chat-html-spam/
Here is the particular post that shows you a perfect example of what we had to see and World wasn't big enough even with the .dll file. with all of that mess.

https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1918-world-chat-html-spam/&do=findComment&comment=76628

5 minutes ago, Mar Mohan said:

If you read what I posted they had another channel called Roleplay where we would go to talk.  I'm looking up the forum thread about this and you can see just how bad it was when trying to talk in World and it's still the same as it was then which is why the Devs have taken action because so many are reporting it because it's enough, World chat should be everything but if you post and others post the same thing over, someone is bound to report it. There's no reason for people to have a huge ass block list because people post their room adverts too many times.  Here take a look and you'll see what I mean.  Now given that they change it and limited characters, people have gotten a little creative with their posts.  Why do you think so many have been asking the Devs even willing to pay to have them not show in World if they don't want to see it.  I see people posting links for their sites that they create rooms and sell them.  Should they be allowed to charge for a room, some would ask because that's advertising a their business of making rooms for money from this game.  Id' have to look back through the screenshots I took and block out names to give an example of how bad it was in World and in Roleplay tabs because they used all three, including going into the local rooms and posting there even in other user's rooms.  Remember we agreed to the rules of this forum and of the game when we signed up, that is our warning, while we may not like it, that is our warning and the Devs can take action without notice.

https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1918-world-chat-html-spam/
Here is the particular post that shows you a perfect example of what we had to see and World wasn't big enough even with the .dll file. with all of that mess.

https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1918-world-chat-html-spam/&do=findComment&comment=76628

hehehe cool world chat :) 

12 minutes ago, Stellania said:

There's a difference between a chat and a social platform. That's my point.

I'll leave at it that.

I understood you. I see this not as two opinions only. I see that every person has their own look at it. Such discussions have been here many times, and I am not going to participate in them. I use 3dx as a place where I can meet, chat, learn and stuff.

Have a good one.

12 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

hehehe cool world chat :) 

At the time it wasn't when that's all you seen by countless posts all the same rooms.  People would have preferred the invite back compared to that or nothing at all, it was horrific and why it was removed.

32 minutes ago, Xizl said:

@Mar Mohan
I read what you posted. But now, when they have bot for it or just started to actually ban people by reports I don't see where is the problem to make a separate channel for advertisement while banning people for advertising in WC.

That's what I'm saying it doesn't stay to one tab, we used to talk regularly in Roleplay because of what World looked like then they moved to there as well.  It was then taken to group chat because it was so bad but that wasn't right to the users because you'd have to invite everyone to the group to talk when you should be able to talk without that mess as it was.  While I understand people are upset, how to we know it's automatically being done with the bans.  I can remember when they didn't do anything with the reports which is why Goose started the thread in the first place because people were being reported and nothing was done.  Given all that's happened recently in the world, they may actually be able to do more now then they had been.  I even suggested renaming the Roleplay tab for Events/Parties posting but they removed it instead and the HTML ability.  Countless times people have asked to please stop posting so much in World and people haven't listened.  We don't need 50 people posting the same room/rooms over and over to get people to come in.  It doesn't take much for posting if you do it in a timely manner so it's not crazy and then you won't see this happening.

52 minutes ago, Stellania said:

You forgot MUSIC! :D but i wholeheartedly agree with you.

50 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

But i learn it too :lol: Thank you for your party place where i can learn it!

So where can I go to learn to play music?!  I want to add music to my place!  I will have to find out what genre Betty is into, though. 🤪  

2 minutes ago, JackPine said:

So where can I go to learn to play music?!  I want to add music to my place!  I will have to find out what genre Betty is into, though. 🤪  

I learn different genres which i didn`t listen before. I don`t play music.🎓

40 minutes ago, Mar Mohan said:

That's what I'm saying it doesn't stay to one tab, we used to talk regularly in Roleplay because of what World looked like then they moved to there as well

I understand it.

But now, they are giving bans for people who advertise in world chat. 

Let's say – they opening new, advertisement or rooms/parties channel. And they don't ban for advertisements there. But still ban for advertising in world chat, in other rooms, etc. Now tell me – why would people advertise anywhere aside of this new channel then? To get banned? Okay, they will be banned and will learn the hard way to advertise in a right place. 

22 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I understand it.

But now, they are giving bans for people who advertise in world chat. 

Let's say – they opening new, advertisement or rooms/parties channel. And they don't ban for advertisements there. But still ban for advertising in world chat, in other rooms, etc. Now tell me – why would people advertise anywhere aside of this new channel then? To get banned? Okay, they will be banned and will learn the hard way to advertise in a right place. 

Yes, give an in game option for people to advertise, and if they stray, then give them a time out.

1 minute ago, DustyWibbles said:

Amen! 
I used your guide to set up Winamp and VDJ as well get my first streaming service from myradiostream. It helped me with VDJ too!

just like the Hoff’s leather jacket, it’s been around for a while now but it still fits! ;)  

Ok this guide with the VirtualDJ 7 Broadcaster is a bit OT 😆

To find this version you need rob the museum, that could use an update 🤣

World chat is so clean now -  Its so much better. Its not perfect but at least its a channel i can look at without my eyes bleeding.

I understand people are upset at the way it was cleaned up _ but honestly I think some of the worst offenders really didn't understand how bad it had become to try and use world chat for anything (Finding someone I got dc'd from or checking where people are or just generally talking to people).

And also what you all seem to forget is that we were TRYING to ask people to stop spamming.. there was daily drama in the chat where people were trying to be polite and ask people to not spam every 3 seconds.. and being blocked or just insulted. It got to the point that the very subject of spam was its own drama.

And finally when people started spamming using alts - so the same flashy box popped up again again again again again..in between another and another again again again again...

I think 36 hour ban is more than reasonable for that. I'm glad you were stopped. I'm glad you were punished. Kudos to the devs.