3DXChat Community

(3DX CHAT DEVS) why are we not getting answers from the devs for these random bans or blocks

Partywiggles

34 minutes ago, Stellania said:

I just wish that all the so called rules from 3DX get enforced with as much vigor as the no advertisement rule.

Be careful what you wish for. It would ruin the game for the most of community. We would end up banned for the simple "slut" in out dirty talks.

Two things I would say about the rules. There are two sets. One here (which I think @MeiLing was implying I made up):

2.09. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats.

It also says this as the subheading "2. Conditions for all game chats, forums and channels". So if we are going to argue technicalities, why does the Events & Activities forum Channel exist? Although, I think you could make the case that this channel was created specifically for this purpose.

And then this one:

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

Why not make both sets of rules like the first one because I agree that "With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions." is vague and no one quite knows what that means. However, like I said, rather than trying to read into what it all means, "All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats." is clear and obviously what the developers are following based on their actions, which is not vague and unclear.

Edited by MidnightMist

I would prefer to see spam than the way some people talk to each other. Spam is only like a meme you can't avoid, and is to chat what a hazard is in a video game, not a nuke fired at an individual.

I'd like to see clubs be able to post their ads 'X' amount of times per 'Y' amount of time, incase I missed something. It's only a problem when 2-3 others are doing it with them and you have four ads for the same place, one after another. I don't want to have to iggie everyone just for that.

Good moderation of a VR world cannot be done by scripts alone. It takes a human(s).

What is the point of having an events section in forum if there is no way to advertise the event?

Why is there no text menu of upcoming events with the ability to add a short description anywhere in the game? A Calender with times of upcoming events?

Personally, I've always thought WC was a bad idea because it becomes a platform for Spam and flame wars to rage in front of a captive audience across the platform.  So what is the point in having it enabled if it can't be used even to advertise in ANY manner or talk in? Why not just disable it and the reporting drama over ads would stop and the WC autobans would cease??

Edited by THX

5 hours ago, NicholasP said:

I don't find it at all confusing, the message is quite clear by their actions, don't post room ads. It's not difficult to understand. Yes, it could have been communicated to people in a different way but their intention is clear and there are plenty of us who are happy with the final outcome. I don't see the injustice that people are carrying on about, all i see is maybe a misstep in the process from a PR point of view.

I can't believe that anyone could claim that they can't see why it happened, the ads have become more and more intrusive on chat , it finally reached saturation point.

The only question i would pose is why not give people a warning of the intention to strictly enforce the rule rather than just banning people? That, in my opinion is the only misstep here, everything else to do with it i applaud them for, removing ads from world chat and applying the same standards to everyone.

Who are the bunch of devs you refer to? As far as i know there are only two people who work to develop and administer the game. I'd much rather they spend their time working on the game, especially considering the issues they have faced over the past few weeks, than being in forums responding to everybody. All i think they needed to do was make an announcement, they don't need to be involved in back and forward discussions.

A few people who convinced themselves that they were something more than just another user got a reality check and had their egos bruised. They'll get over it and the game will go on because the silent majority in the game just don't have an issue with any of this.

Advertisements are the life blood of  Clubs, and those  Clubs are the life blood  of 3D.

The result of this for  Club owners will be  increased gold  spent on leader  board positions, which makes it little better than a cheap grab  for more money.

if you prefer the  psychotic verbal sewerage that passes  for World Chat then I guess that's your little  kink.

Your sucking need to justify being treated like  a peon is matched only by your delusional ideas  about what you think  the majority  want for their money.... ty for the underwhelming  reply anyway.

Edited by VeronicaLee

19 minutes ago, VeronicaLee said:

Advertisements are the life blood of  Clubs, and those  Clubs are the life blood  of 3D.

The result of this for  Club owners will be  increased gold  spent on leader  board positions, which makes it little better than a cheap grab  for more money.

if you prefer the  psychotic verbal sewerage that passes  for World Chat then I guess that's your little  kink.

Your sucking need to justify being treated like  a peon is matched only by your delusional ideas  about what you think  the majority  want for their money.... ty for the underwhelming  reply anyway.

Advertisements are not the lifeblood of any club, have a good club and treat people well and they return, regardless of ads. I ran a club for two years without once advertising and i had no problem building a regular crowd. 

As well as the psychotic discussions  in wc at times there are plenty of good discussions. Why should people in a chat area not be able to chat due to constant spamming of ads?

Try having a discussion without getting personal, i'm not delusional, i have enough friends to know that for 99% of them this isn't an issue they care about. I've been in the game long enough to know what attracts people to a room and it's not ads.

The only thing i'd say is if people are so obsessed with having to run ads lobby to have an announcements channel where you aren't inhibiting people's ability to chat in a chat area.

3 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

The only thing i'd say is if people are so obsessed with having to run ads lobby to have an announcements channel where you aren't inhibiting people's ability to chat in a chat area.

Man there was a separate channel also a long time ago, before the devs themselves removed it, leaving the world chat as the only place where people can post ANYTHING. From rp, to general trolling to room ads. These bans have nothing to do with any personal preference, there is something weird going on and these are basically auto bans. People got banned for spam lately regardless of even owning a room or not. Somebody, has some fun exploiting some system the devs carelessly implemented, and abusing it. First DDOS, now autobans, later they will come up with something else perhaps. and I am very sure they will be fixed and people will return to advertising their own places. 

10 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Man there was a separate channel also a long time ago, before the devs themselves removed it, leaving the world chat as the only place where people can post ANYTHING. From rp, to general trolling to room ads. These bans have nothing to do with any personal preference, there is something weird going on and these are basically auto bans. People got banned for spam lately regardless of even owning a room or not. Somebody, has some fun exploiting some system the devs carelessly implemented, and abusing it. First DDOS, now autobans, later they will come up with something else perhaps. and I am very sure they will be fixed and people will return to advertising their own places. 

maybe so but they still need to find a way to stop people posting ads for their rooms one after another, there may be a 60 second pause but that doesnt stop a group of people from the same room from posting in succession and that is whats causing problems

10 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

maybe so but they still need to find a way to stop people posting ads for their rooms one after another, there may be a 60 second pause but that doesnt stop a group of people from the same room from posting in succession and that is whats causing problems

I rarely saw people from the same room repeating the same message just to avoid the 60 second delay.

There is still something wrong going on. I mean @OLESYA was banned. of all people. And what she basically does she promotes THIS game on her channel through her videos. And everybody knows she's no spammer, hacker, or a toxic person at all. They just empowered some salty trolls who think the WC should conform to their personal rules with this ridiculous autoban system. But I'm sure they will look into it and fix this. I mean this game is one foot in teh grave anyway. Servers crash constantly, bugs are there, more than we can count, updates are focused on one gender only based on Lisa's personal preference, now they don't even want to look into reports, they just implement an automatic ban system. And meantime there is ZERO communication. This will not go well.

Edited by Tsela

Reminder:

Advertising is a marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, non-personal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea. Sponsors of advertising are typically businesses wishing to promote their products or services. Advertising is differentiated from public relations in that an advertiser pays for and has control over the message. It differs from personal selling in that the message is non-personal, i.e., not directed to a particular individual.\

@Gizmo any thoughts?

look....Ive been on this game for soon 6 years....but as I feel (and Im not alone) it wont be more than that.

these bans are killing the game, removing the joy from players....wheres the love and joy here peeps.

I think Ive reported like 1 or 2 peeps over all my years on 3Dx....I get that 2000 peeps cant get along, but do they deserve a report bcuz of it....

if we all would report all the peeps I dont like this game would die very soon...this needs to end, I mean is this kindergarden?

Im not saying Im an example in how to behave....I have my moments too thats for sure....but dont we all?

I suggest, push ignore instead and the problem is....hopefully gone...

this is very sad how the community is right now.

Peace

Nixxx

I mean...reporting a person for...advertising...or suspicious activity...or whatever.

shouldnt that be looked into first...maybe have more proof...a report shouldnt be enought...thats the only thing Im saying.

if you got an img copy or whatever of the person doing it...thats one thing, but to get banned for just reporting rumors....or an missunderstanding even.

this needs a fix....we cant do all the work for you @Gizmo and @Lisa....fix the WC...do two of them...one for chat and one for room posts for example...and the problem is solved.

the rest is what it is....

GOD im so tired of all this.....

23 minutes ago, Nixxx said:

I mean...reporting a person for...advertising...or suspicious activity...or whatever.

shouldnt that be looked into first...maybe have more proof...a report shouldnt be enought...thats the only thing Im saying.

if you got an img copy or whatever of the person doing it...thats one thing, but to get banned for just reporting rumors....or an missunderstanding even.

this needs a fix....we cant do all the work for you @Gizmo and @Lisa....fix the WC...do two of them...one for chat and one for room posts for example...and the problem is solved.

the rest is what it is....

GOD im so tired of all this.....

Good idea. But here many people who don`t trust in such idea. I was one of them. It can works just fine.

We're seeing two extremes here now.
Years of no enforcement of the rules at all.
Then suddenly after the supposed DDoS 'attack' they do a full 180 and start to Ban-Hammer around wildly.
I hope they find a balance soon. My view is that whatever happened or IS happening, spooked them.
But I've said it a dozen times already, their silence on these issues, is a slap to the face. Which speaks volumes about how they see their consumer base.

If I wasn't so scatterbrained I wouldn't have to write two posts lol

I have some friends I've asked to tell me when they have parties, or if they're going to DJ. They send a WC spam to my PM to save time b/c I'm not the only one who wants to know.
Anyone else I can remove from FL, so I hope no one is being punished for that.

7 hours ago, NicholasP said:

Advertisements are not the lifeblood of any club, have a good club and treat people well and they return, regardless of ads. I ran a club for two years without once advertising and i had no problem building a regular crowd. 

As well as the psychotic discussions  in wc at times there are plenty of good discussions. Why should people in a chat area not be able to chat due to constant spamming of ads?

Try having a discussion without getting personal, i'm not delusional, i have enough friends to know that for 99% of them this isn't an issue they care about. I've been in the game long enough to know what attracts people to a room and it's not ads.

a little like being obsessed  about  getting things your  way at the expense of  others ?....your sucking need to hog that  channel for your own  ends is  pathetic

You  also completely ignored the fact that a huge number of bannings were carried out on people  who never went anywhere near WC, and you ran a  club ?....never heard of you.....I  wonder  why

Edited by VeronicaLee

4 hours ago, VeronicaLee said:

a little like being obsessed  about  getting things your  way at the expense of  others ?....your sucking need to hog that  channel for your own  ends is  pathetic

You  also completely ignored the fact that a huge number of bannings were carried out on people  who never went anywhere near WC, and you ran a  club ?....never heard of you.....I  wonder  why

Never heard of me cause I stopped running it after two years before you even joined 3dxchat.  You certainly display an astounding level of arrogance. You just keep throwing that tantrum.

55 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

Never heard of me cause I stopped running it after two years before you even joined 3dxchat.  You certainly display an astounding level of arrogance. You just keep throwing that tantrum.

oh give me a break, I doubt you  could run a  chicken raffle in a bar, and its not often I get to  deflate something as  entitled as you

3 minutes ago, VeronicaLee said:

oh give me a break, I doubt you  could run a  chicken raffle in a bar, and its not often I get to  deflate something as  entitled as you

I'm not deflated at all by someone who speaks out of ignorance, not interested in discussing anything further with you if  you're incapable of being rational . Take a look in the mirror if you want to see somebody who feels entitled, this whole tantrum you're throwing over not being able to post an ad says it all.

My stance hasn't changed, I think there should have been a warning before any banning but i wholeheartedly support the idea of having no ads in wc. If you can't handle somebody having an opinion that isn't the same as yours then that's your issue, not mine.