3DXChat Community

Room Ad Solutions

Overfiend

Hi All,

There are so many brilliant & experienced people on the forum that I'm sure this has been discussed many times before.  I'm looking forward to your participation in this discussion.  With the "Spam" ban that swept game recently and the perpetual room "monopoly", it seems like this thread would be helpful.  

The aim of this thread is to discuss solutions to room advertising.  

Problems:
1. repetitive advertising on the world chat 
2. 300X coins paid to get to the top of the room list lastly very briefly before someone else bumps up.  This can be very expensive to stay at the top of this list
3. a few rooms are open 24hrs/day and attracting alot of users keeping them at that top of this list.  This makes it tough for other rooms to attract visitors.

Solutions:
1. A separate "Room" chat similar to the World & Local chat features
When a user selects to share the room "For All", another text box opens specifically for that room's advertisement. 
Users can enter their room advertisement in that box. 
There should also be check box to "Advertise" or "Do not advertise".  
Once the "Advertise" box is selected then the room ad will be included in an automatic feed of scrolling text for room ads in the separate "Room" chat.
A "Room" chat menu will be added next to the World & Local chats. It will display the automatic feed of room ads
A rule should be applied that as long as the room contains less than 30 people then it will be included to the "Room" chat feed.
Rooms of greater than 30 people are already benefiting from being at the top of the "Locations" list. Therefore they do not need to be in the "Room" feed
The aim is to give all rooms that are not already full, a fair method to advertise their room without "spamming" the world chat

I know similar ideas have been shared about this in other threads.  But feel free to discuss it more in depth here.

Other ideas have been promoting your room in the Forum and other social media platforms.  I believe those are good ideas as well.  Hopefully we could find additional in-game solutions to assist.  

Thanks for your feedback

Overfiend

Edited by Overfiend

Before we search for solutions I think it is important to get specific guidelines from the powers that be on what exactly constitutes "Spam".  Gizmo and many word game players here on Forum have already disagreed on what "Spam" is, so this is very important.

Is any room advertisement "Spam"?

Is it Spam if only posted once? Or twice? Is there a timing constraint at all or is there zero tolerance?

Is an invitation like "Hey I am blowing bubbles at the Soap" OR "Come have a drink at The Dive with me tonight" considered "Spam"?

Is it only limited to rooms or also for service/business?

It seems some have been banned for things said, or songs played, in their rooms or in local chat.  So is what you say in the local chat in your own room considered SPAM? Some are questioning if they said "Hello and Welcome" to new guests arriving in their room was considered SPAM.  IS IT?

With the only guidelines so far being people getting banned there is no way to find reasonable solutions.

Edited by SusanLouisa

27 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Solution

turn back to the old system: the newly opened rooms at the top... Room owners ask for a rank by peoples in room

Advertising : you pay 300 xgold for 2 or 3 minutes at the top of the list  but you are not allowed to buy it again before one hour

I agree in general but hour sounds like a lot of cooldown for this. And 2 - 3 mins maybe a lot of time as well. I would say something more like: 1 minute on top guaranteed and during this time a crown feauture unavalivable to use for others. After tihs minute you can stay some more till someone else don't use the crown. And then you have 20-30 minutes cooldown.

With the old system you would pay 300 gold to go to the top of the list. Someone could bump you straight off as they now do BUT you would fall to second on the list, not be bumped right down. In my opinion this was a much fairer system for all.

52 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Solution

turn back to the old system: the newly opened rooms at the top... Room owners ask for a rank by peoples in room

Advertising : you pay 300 xgold for 2 or 3 minutes at the top of the list  but you are not allowed to buy it again before one hour

And in Local Chat? Can I not say "Hello (insert name)" more than once without it being called "SPAM"?

On of the most reasonable solutions would be to remove the user count from the rooms. Most have forgotten what its all about and just care about their user count. If that goes theres no need to excessively promote your room to break some records.

It has been proven in the past that the removal of likes or views can yield sucessful results on other platforms. 

Just an idea.

Edited by Nikki

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

On of the most reasonable solutions would be to remove the user count from the rooms. Most have forgotten what its all about and just care about their user count. If that goes theres no need to excessively promote your room to break some records.

It has been proven in the past that the removal of likes or views can yield sucessful results on other platforms. 

Just an idea.

VERY True 

34 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Just an idea.

OH! I like THAT idea!

2 hours ago, MeiLing said:

We never paid to gain a spot at the top. We either earned it or we didn't.  We wont start now.

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

Just an idea.

an then people are going to complain. that they have to go trough each room to find one whit people in it... i can almost guarantee this will happen.

i don't know what the solution is to this really.. one thing is for sure. if i see someone an there friends spamming world chat whit room ads. i just put them on ignor. really tells alort about thise people. an they are not someone i whould whant to interact whit.

• 3 weeks later...

I always assumed 300 gold got you like 10 mins of promotion on a rotation with other promoted rooms. It looks like you just get overwritten within seconds.
How about 300 gold for 10 minutes, and there's no limit to the number of "promoted" rooms at the top of the list.

Right now it's... a bidding war? Seems kind of scammy honestly.

Fact: people can`t take any visitor while "long term" rooms have tons of them. 10-20 rooms with 1 host inside week by week, month by month. There is nothing connected with quality here, they are invisible for most of people by being in the end of the room list.

Fact #2: there are no advertisements in room announcements. ads work for outside products.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

Actually the more I think about a full screen Room Selection menu, the better I like it.

With all the rooms showing no one need pay to bring their room to the top to be seen.

They could make it so you can sort alphabetically or by number of people, maybe add a filterable key word box or two for each room with a drop down menu with words like orgy, colds, no colds, BDSM or whatever so you could view only the rooms most likely to appeal to you.

They could add a chat box for adverts in which only room hosts could post with a 10 or 15 minute delay to ensure every advert could be seen and you’d only see it when you went looking for another room.

Probably loads of other useful stuff could be added too.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, JenC said:

Even before this stuff, people have suggested a drop down or contextual menu for the room listings so far more details can be added and viewed, basically removing the need for the spam in the first place.

There is never a need for spam, not for any reason, and it is against the rules.  All rooms are in the Shared User Worlds list where anyone can look to find them.  If a room is good, people will come back and they will tell others.  Spam does not make any room worth hanging out in.  It actually reduces the number of players who want to hang out in the room, because it annoys many who would go and hang out if the room owner and his/her friends did not spam the room in the World Chat. And those people will never see the room of spammers because they put spammers on their Ignore List, meaning if you spam your room you permanently lost visitors.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:37 AM, Nikki said:

Just an idea.

Your idea is good... but there would still be the room's position in the list, which is based on room count (regardless if room count is invisible or visible).

7 hours ago, Xaufin said:

I always assumed 300 gold got you like 10 mins of promotion on a rotation with other promoted rooms. It looks like you just get overwritten within seconds.
How about 300 gold for 10 minutes, and there's no limit to the number of "promoted" rooms at the top of the list.

Right now it's... a bidding war? Seems kind of scammy honestly.

The problem with multiple rooms being "promoted" at once is they would still have to be listed from top downward, meaning a room would be in first place, then another in second place, then another in third place, and so on...

Then people would complain they paid 300 xgold but are not in first place on the list.

Something I've been thinking about is adding a symbol column for a few room categories. So you could filter by category and only see lists of those rooms. It would reduce the need for promotion if only 50% of open rooms were the type you're promoting.

• RP Room (police, hospital, school...)
  • Game Room (hunting, board games...)
  • Club/Dance Room
  • Cold Room

11 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

Something I've been thinking about is adding a symbol column for a few room categories. So you could filter by category and only see lists of those rooms. It would reduce the need for promotion if only 50% of open rooms were the type you're promoting.

• RP Room (police, hospital, school...)
  • Game Room (hunting, board games...)
  • Club/Dance Room
  • Cold Room

This could be helpful, but only if the Dev's do not allow multiple categories to be set for each room.  Otherwise, some room owners will place their rooms in all the categories.

- The rooms stay open even if the owner has left the game. Will stay open until the last visitor leaves

This atleast should solve one of those concerns about only some being able to afford keeping their room open 24/7 stealing the spotlight from other rooms. Until there are people interested now your room can stay open as long as anybody is there

Edited by Tsela