3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

46 minutes ago, R0bT said:

its right here.....

2.09. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats.

If it has always been there, why start enforcing it now, without warning users? They must have known it would affect a lot of people because almost all room hosts used WC for this purpose. So if they made the decision that they would enforce this paragraph strictly from Thursday (which, again, doesn't make much sense, why that day in the first place) then they should have issued a warning before it. It's not in the developers' interest to piss off so many people. No service works like that and I'm sure this one doesn't either. It's not like "ok, let's flip the switch on this rule, don't tell anyone, they will ALL realize it by next day". So there is an element of logic that's missing here.

2 minutes ago, Stellania said:

I was merely stating that some of the people that read that .. understood it.

I'm still not in game. My suspension should be lifted in about 90 minutes.

Well I hope you have a great experience when you return. I thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. If nothing else we have learned to be more careful.  And in case no one noticed we came together as a group with no one taking the bait of those who wanted to turn it into a troll fest.  

3 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

in case no one noticed we came together as a group with no one taking the bait of those who wanted to turn it into a troll fest.  

Exactly!

It was(and still is actually) refreshing to see people come together and discuss it. Even if there was no real resolution to the problem.

MANY good points were brought up.

Edited by Stellania

2 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Seems these days it is way too stressful to have open rooms.  When it stops being fun why bother?  We are opening a room later this afternoon.  Does Local Chat need to be silent? Can we not welcome our guests as they enter the room?  This is a room that we open only once a year in honor of a good friend.  Sometimes we all only see each other once a year...I cannot welcome them?  We used to open the Soap Factory regularly.  It was a blast with lots of laughs, great music and great people.  Without Local Chat it would have been just like any other room with great music (our DJs were the best on 3DX).  So I beg 3DX not to do this. Do not monitor every word said twice in our local chat.

I always found guest welcoming to be rather silly and pointless.

Welcome A

Welcome B

Welcome C

After being welcomed in a few rooms I kinda got sick of it myself, but maybe that's just me, not dying to be acknowledged. Now it only kinda triggers me. Not that this is a reason for ban, but it looks so unnecessary and pointless.

Edited by Whitesnake
cleanup

1 minute ago, R0bT said:

well, if this ban is just because she posted welcome to people in her own room, thats silly as fuck. I mean , i see people purring like a kitten over and over in rooms, thats repetitive posts, why should that not be a bannable offense if saying welcome is. Not to mention you would actually have to go to her room to hear her welcoming people. If it bugs you that much, take your happy ass to another room.

There is a major difference in doing it in a room as opposed to WC, everyone is forced to see it there

I do not condone banning just for welcoming people to a room, what I was trying to say is that it merely triggers me, and that's ok, because I just let it slide and enjoy the game.

4 minutes ago, R0bT said:

they own it, they can censor anyone they want. I guess im not understanding how you folks dont get that very simple fact.

I think they/WE understand that fact all too clearly. We do not have to like it. WE are the consumers and WE do not like it.  They are creating an atmosphere that is no longer fun.  WC does not bother me in the least. I do not care if we cannot advertise there any more. That is not the point. I want to know why I cannot welcome my guests in my public room. I want to know how they define spam. If I moan too many times during sex with my husband is that spam?  What is picked up by their bot as spam?  These are all questions we need to know the answers to and yes, if not acceptable to us, go elsewhere.

Just now, R0bT said:

Because they said you cant, thats why . Pretty simple.   Why cant i run through a mall butt ass naked, its not hurting anyone.... because its a law 

So I cant moan and that's acceptable in a sex game. Okay. In a mall I am allowed to oooo and ahhhh all I want. It is not written in the rules in the mall or in 3DX. They never said I couldn't.

Just now, R0bT said:

This all boils down to if people are a believer in rules or not, i personally am. Its not up to you to decide which rule should be followed and which isnt. Without rules, there would be chaos. you arent owed any explanation outside of its a rule that was broken. 

Ok, now stop quoting me so i can leave 😛 

LOL. One more.  

I do follow the rules if I know what they are. So that is what we are asking.  Tell us what the new rules of the game are.  Tell us what spam is. In Detail.  

K now you can go. :)

Most people do not consider hello and goodbye as spam. If I need to repeat the same sentence twice in a conversation with my husband I do not consider that spam either.  Do they? So no, I do not know the risks of "Spam" but then I did not consider word games on forum "Spam" either.  So if they would tell us what they consider to be "Spam" it is more likely that more would follow. If not then it could be said they know the risk. Without THEIR definition of "Spam" this is just an unfair guessing game.

2 hours ago, R0bT said:

you forgot one, The right to get the fuck out if you dont like how a game is run. you are confusing a game with real life, the only rights you have here are the ones they give you. dont like it, your free to leave. nothing is binding you to a game 

You forgot another one, The right to still fuck in here if you like how most of the game runs or "just because" and to help to make this product better. There is nothing to confuse: We bought this product by real money and use 3dxchat as a product in real life by using internet and our personal computer or whatnot. Everything is still real. I have all rights which constitution, consumers international and stuff gave me, and not you, not anyone ain`t able to break it. Don`t like it? Your free to leave with all of your "old fart" nonsense and to spend your time to get some knowledge. If I want to stay here, I will stay here with all of my rights. Deal with it lol

Bottom line in all of this, we NEED clarity.
People have been linking TWO sets of rules, that contradict each other.

Things I'd want to have clarified.
- Is greeting people that come into my room with a 'Welcome (Name)' for each person, Spam?

- Is it considered spam if for example, me and a friend engage in a silly 'Yes, No!, yes! No!' word game. (in our apartment or in PM I mean)

- It says advertising is forbidden, would that mean I'm technically not even allowed to talk about a New Video Game i bought to my friend on 3DXchat, because i'm 'promoting' another game if I say for instance "Oh the new Doom Game is sooo good, you should buy it too!" is -that- not also advertising?

Now as it stands, we don't KNOW, anything. We're all Guessing because the Developers are Silent as the grave.

Edited by Derai

9 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

You forgot another one, The right to still fuck in here if you like how most of the game runs or "just because" and to help to make this product better. There is nothing to confuse: We bought this product by real money and use 3dxchat as a product in real life by using internet and our personal computer or whatnot. Everything is still real. I have all rights which constitution, consumers international and stuff gave me, and not you, not anyone ain`t able to break it. Don`t like it? Your free to leave with all of your "old fart" nonsense and to spend your time to get some knowledge. If I want to stay here, I will stay here with all of my rights. Deal with it lol

I just wanted to say one thing here, you don't actually 'buy' anything when you subscribe to this game. Your subscription enables you to use the game they own for as long as they allow you to.It's really that simple.

They have the right to enforce their rules and ban you if they choose to and you really have no recourse if you have broken one of their published rules.

The argument here is that after years of allowing people to 'break' one of their rules while looking the other way it would probably make sense to come out with a statement that from this point on they are going to strictly enforce that rule. Add to that they really need to clarify what can or can't be done in people's private rooms.

47 minutes ago, R0bT said:

unless you are 25 or younger, not even close. you old bish , lol.      btw im not a boomer, am Generation X

Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 41-55 years old (82 million people in U.S.)

I said -nearly-  I'm 30 you old bastard xD  The boomer was to annoy you.  That's what all the kids these days say!

58 minutes ago, R0bT said:

not really, If folks break a rule or in real life a law, just because they havent punished them for something doesnt mean they will always look the other way. Logic states if you break a rule and keep breaking said rule, you run the risk of being punished at some point. 

They havent just started enforcing the rules, look at all the locked threads, people have complained about this for a while now. unless they deleted them already 

I think you are wrong on this one. Generally, if we stick to the rulebook by the letter, you are right of course. But there are many cases, including this one, that don't apply. Punishment is not the goal, the goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment to all users. That's why in cases like this the enforcer of the law, in good faith, warns people that enforcement will be stricter. For example, this is the case on New Year's Eve, when police warns people in advance that they will check drivers more often. The goal is not to catch drunk drivers and punish more people, the goal is to prevent them from drinking in the first place. This is why I think the developers, in good faith, should have given a warning prior to suspending accounts, so everyone would have known not to use World Chat like before. An even closer example could be a game developer that warns cheaters they would start banning cheating users from a given day. Thus encouraging people to give up unlawful behaviour and still keep them as future customers. Punishment should never be the sole goal.

The developers here knew that many people used World Chat that way so they also must have known their move (if it was really their move) would affect a meaningful part of the community, especially those who organize and host the events in 3DX. So it was not in their interest to silently start suspending on a random day and pointing fingers at the rules. Also, there's still no logic behind why they let people do it without warning any of them, and then suddenly started suspending them. Why did they let them do it so far? Isn't this the same reason they implemented the 60 second limiter? Why didn't they start enforcing then? Spam was common knowledge (and a problem) and they didn't say "we'll enforce the rule now", they implemented the timer for this very reason.

If they really did this and started this enforcement without warning then they don't manage this community properly because they haven't been transparent about this rule now, before with the timer, and even before that. There should be a cooperative relationship between the service providers and the users and there should be common courtesy present between them.

In my short opinion, all the developers should have had to do was issue a warning like this: "Please don't use World Chat for advertising your events. We will start suspending spamming users from this and this day, in accordance to Game Rules 2.15. Thank you."

The service providers are not police and the users are not potential criminals. Neither side should feel or be treated like that.

Just now, NicholasP said:

I just wanted to say one thing here, you don't actually 'buy' anything when you subscribe to this game. Your subscription enables you to use the game they own for as long as they allow you to.It's really that simple.

Yes, they can ban people just because they can if they want to loose all of them. But i really bought this product for some limited time and while this time is going i have all my rights. Otherwise I will take my money back. I recommend you to read about all of your rights. Another point why i answered to the last post,I didn`t say i don`t like this product, so why should i leave? Nonsense. It is nonsense to tell people something like "if you don`t like, leave this" on every single post.

17 minutes ago, Derai said:

- Is greeting people that come into my room with a 'Welcome (Name)' for each person, Spam?

- Is it considered spam if for example, me and a friend engage in a silly 'Yes, No!, yes! No!' word game. (in our apartment or in PM I mean)

- It says advertising is forbidden, would that mean I'm technically not even allowed to talk about a New Video Game i bought to my friend on 3DXchat, because i'm 'promoting' another game if I say for instance "Oh the new Doom Game is sooo good, you should buy it too!" is -that- not also advertising?

Now as it stands, we don't KNOW, anything. We're all Guessing because the Developers are Silent as the grave.

I also got blocked for THIRTY hours for "WC SPAM".

I promoted our room once, then a bunch of people warned me that WC spammers are getting banned. I'm like thanks but I don't spam. I post once every 15 minutes, but decided to play it safe.

Sure enough this morning I'm blocked for 30 hours. For ONE AD!!

Also, one of the DJ's, another content provider for 3dx also had HIS account blocked because he said "Come to the Opal Star" in World Chat.

IF you don't want me promoting my room, That's cool, WHY NOT TELL PEOPLE IN THE GAME NEWS WHEN YOU LOG IN!! WHY NOT PUT SOMETHING IN DISCORD??

IF this is because people in WC got together and started mass reporting SPAM and triggering auto bans... that system is FLAWED as F!@#! Especially when you consider people who spew racism and toxic BS and travel room to room insulting people get a pass?? No. That's messed up. That's BROKEN.

19 minutes ago, Derai said:

https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

Here are the rules for the game. 

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

This is the rule we have accepted when we subscribed. It seems that they have changed.

Kiss