3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

Just now, NicholasP said:

The rule hasn't changed but after years of not enforcing it they suddenly are enforcing it strictly.

People were banned for spamming accordingly with pics they posted here. It was earlier too, but not that massive.

1 minute ago, Lux lnterior said:

Who knows? Maybe during years they recieved hundreds and hundreds of complaints by players who didn't like world chat as on big purple advertising panel and they decided to act?

I know Lux but it would still make sense to let people know enough is enough, we won't allow it any longer, they have been complicit in allowing it to get to this point. It just seems to me to be good customer relations to give a warning in this case.

17 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

But i really bought this product for some limited time and while this time is going i have all my rights. Otherwise I will take my money back. I recommend you to read about all of your rights.

I mean, if you read the terms of service, you're required to abide by all laws governed and listed herein, and they are NOT required to refund you any amount of money for services rendered.  You accepted the terms by signing up, and there is no exception to this.  You can read up on rights all you want, this is not a country or particular organization required to abide by whatever laws and bylaws of where you live and what 'rights' you're used to.

It's the same principle as if you enter into a store or club that I own.  Therein, that club is my property, if you do something I do not like, I can tell you to leave, if you refuse, you're committing a crime.  It's a simple statement 'my house, my rules.'  You're entering someone else's domain, you're required to follow their guidelines.

I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be upset or annoyed with how things are handled - I've said myself that there needs to be clear cut guidelines on exactly what is being enforced.

14 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Wow, someone used wiki to get what is generation x lol Gen X is not about when you was born. Different countries has their own ages to born generation X.

Well, since me and Toss are located in the U.S. there's a pretty clear cut definition of what is X and Y in this case.

And if you're generation X, yes, you are very much considered generation X based on the years you were born.  Just like here in the U.S. if you're Generation Y, you're a damned millennial.  Truth, and fact.  I'm Generation Y.  I'm a millennial.  Don't play into stereotypes if you want to prove it wrong.

Besiiiides, me and Toss have utmost adoration for each other.  Mostly... usually....

What the HELL is going on at 3DX?!

Not only did they have a major DDOS attack that they couldn't handle themselves but now when they need the understanding and patience for the community the most, they institute some draconian measures for people that, more months, have been using the same tools to advertise their rooms that the entire community have been using for over a year, these people are being banned for using World Chat just ONCE.

A few things. I have not been banned for using WC because i haven't opened a room in over a week myself but people ALL around me are being banned. 3 DreamGirls, AmyTrubblemaker who is, by far, one of the most influential builders in the 3DX community, DJs who are asking people to come to their gigs, not to mention the DDs and I'm sure others that I am not even aware of.  

And don't you DARE just leave a note saying to read the Game Rules and EULA. When YOU know that the community has been using World Chat to advertise their rooms for years. 

1.) It's completely TONE DEAF and shows that you have NO CLUE how your customers are using YOUR Software and shows you have a complete lack of context in the way you handle the community.
2.) Even if you want to disallow room ads in World Chat, it requires YOU, 3DX to announce this change as you KNOW the entire community has been using this to advertise rooms. It requires communication, ahead of time, before any such draconian measures are enacted. That is IF you want to keep your subscription revenue. 
3.) Cleaning up World Chat is fine but you need to prepare the community for the change, not just institute some automation, unannounced and, in process, ban a whole bunch of false positives. People that are being banned DID ONE World Chat post. JUST ONE. Banned. with NO WARNING. What the hell.

4.) Icing on the cake: Users like TalonQueen/TalonKing/Dreamfall still use world chat to spew racist and bigoted statements attacking the community and 3DX staff DO NOTHING about this user. 
5.) I know that GalaxyXXX or something have been trying to circumvent the timer on world chat by using multiple members to spam their ads around the timer. If so, ban GalaxyXXX but this is WAY TOO FAR in banning people who have been using World Chat legitimately for years. 

If 3DX thinks they can do this and afford to lose the good will of the community that keeps their business going with their paid subscriptions, they are going to be in for a shock.

I have, in the past, paid for hundreds of dollars of gift subscriptions for my friends to continue to play 3DX. No longer. You just lost a big chunk of my revenue, 3DX.

@Lisa @Gizmo

6 minutes ago, Laina said:

I mean, if you read the terms of service, you're required to abide by all laws governed and listed herein, and they are NOT required to refund you any amount of money for services rendered.

I mean, nothing can be higher than the Constitution and the rights given by this Constitution. The rules of any company cannot be higher than the Constitution. If any rules of any company are controversial with constitution, it is a problem of the company.

7 minutes ago, Laina said:

Well, since me and Toss are located in the U.S. there's a pretty clear cut definition of what is X and Y in this case.

And if you're generation X, yes, you are very much considered generation X based on the years you were born.  Just like here in the U.S. if you're Generation Y, you're a damned millennial.  Truth, and fact.  I'm Generation Y.  I'm a millennial.  Don't play into stereotypes if you want to prove it wrong.

Stereotypes are what I break. Generation X is more than written in wiki. That is everything i wanted to say.

Just now, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I mean, nothing can be higher than the Constitution and the rights given by this Constitution. The rules of any company cannot be higher than the Constitution. If any rules of any company are controversial with constitution, it is a problem of the company.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  This company is not required to adhere to that constitution.  It's not a state or legal body in that regard.  What on Earth makes you believe they have to, in any way, abide by any bill of rights when it's literally you entering their own private domain?

Such would be the same as you coming into my home and speaking however you want - when I tell you to leave, you MUST leave.  I don't care about your civil rights when you are inside of my domicile.  You will leave, or you will be charged with a crime.  You're missing the point I'm trying to make.

Again, you can be upset, but what are you going to do if I kick you out of my home?  File a lawsuit against me?

It's the same situation here.  You can try... but... I'll only be able to wish you the best of luck.

3 minutes ago, Laina said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  This company is not required to adhere to that constitution.  It's not a state or legal body in that regard.  What on Earth makes you believe they have to, in any way, abide by any bill of rights when it's literally you entering their own private domain?

Such would be the same as you coming into my home and speaking however you want - when I tell you to leave, you MUST leave.  I don't care about your civil rights when you are inside of my domicile.  You will leave, or you will be charged with a crime.  You're missing the point I'm trying to make.

Again, you can be upset, but what are you going to do if I kick you out of my home?  File a lawsuit against me?

It's the same situation here.  You can try... but... I'll only be able to wish you the best of luck.

Well, you're wrong. Any product that is in public use is not your home. Any product submitted for public use that uses a public offer is not private. 

GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE. This Agreement shall for all purposes be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California in the County of Los Angeles as those laws are applied to contracts entered into, and to be performed entirely in California by California residents. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or relating to this Agreement, shall be commenced in a court in Los Angeles County, California, and the User hereto irrevocably submits to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any right which it may have to transfer or change the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding.

Just now, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE. This Agreement shall for all purposes be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California in the County of Los Angeles as those laws are applied to contracts entered into, and to be performed entirely in California by California residents. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or relating to this Agreement, shall be commenced in a court in Los Angeles County, California, and the User hereto irrevocably submits to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any right which it may have to transfer or change the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding.

So you're saying that someone located in a separate country must come to Los Angeles County, California to adhere to your state's legal rights?  Good luck.

Just now, SusanLouisa said:

No you just need to adhere to the rules of the game which are posted for all to read prior to joining.

Quite precisely what I said earlier, innit?  Amazing how this works.

Just now, Laina said:

So you're saying that someone located in a separate country must come to Los Angeles County, California to adhere to your state's legal rights?  Good luck.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. This is world practice and works just fine. Today there is no need to get to the United States, there are easier ways to solve this problem without your full-time participation.

3 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

LOL They were? Who?

If you use wc, you can get it. Someone ignored me a long time ago. Keep it going. 

Just now, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. This is world practice and works just fine. Today there is no need to get to the United States, there are easier ways to solve this problem without your full-time participation.

I take it you've never been arrested before....  Let me give you a run-down of how that works.  The police show up, and they assess the situation and determine if there has or has not been a crime (in the case of 3DX at current, this seems to be an automated thing happening at present)  If there is any cause to believe there has been a crime committed, you are placed in handcuffs and into a police cruiser where they take you to jail.  You are then booked and placed in a holding cell while you await bail or a court date.  At this point you are not guilty, but you're still being held, are you understanding this so far?  If you get bailed out, you go home, under the understanding that you will appear in court on your appointed date.  If you do NOT show, a warrant is issued for your arrest and you're brought to court. Otherwise, if you're not bailed out - you simply wait in jail until your appointed court date.  This is all before you're proven guilty of a crime.

Now - you get to go to your arraignment where you plead guilty or not guilty - either way, you go BACK to jail, or BACK home until your actual court date.

Where's your civil rights there?  You're still getting a trial.  It's just taking time.  You could be innocent of the entire thing.  It doesn't matter.  It only matters that at the time something happened and there was sufficient causation to get detained.

But that's just in the United States. 

Sure, you can try to take legal action, but the first thing they're going to look at is not "were your rights violated".  The first thing they're going to look at is "was there an end-user license agreement?"  Yes.  "Did this person obtain a license by purchasing our services?"  Yes.  "Then by accepting the end-user license agreement they accepted the governing of what they agreed to at the time of purchase."

I'm not going to pretend to be a lawyer, but the whole "But my rights" thing doesn't work pretty much all the time.  Especially when the boundaries extend well beyond your own county's jurisdiction.

7 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

If you use wc, you can get it. Someone ignored me a long time ago. Keep it going. 

The U.S Constitution and Laws have no jurisdcition outside of the U.S. if that's what you're suggesting.

5 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

The U.S Constitution and Laws have no jurisdcition outside of the U.S. if that's what you're suggesting.

Yes, it is connected to 3dx and US laws which you and they should follow. That is why everyone can use it accordingly with US constitution and stuff. Google more about that. Seems you didn`t see how it happens.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Were you speaking French in the local chat of your public room?  Not that I see anything wrong with it. Please understand I am trying to understand what happened.

Wait, does this mean advertised as a French room , players can't speak French.... because that could be deemed as racist.

1 hour ago, R0bT said:

they own it, they can censor anyone they want. I guess im not understanding how you folks dont get that very simple fact.

Yes they own it, but if they over censor it, we all stop playing & paying... Forcing their customers away is not in their best interest.

1 hour ago, Derai said:

Bottom line in all of this, we NEED clarity.
People have been linking TWO sets of rules, that contradict each other.

Things I'd want to have clarified.
- Is greeting people that come into my room with a 'Welcome (Name)' for each person, Spam?

- Is it considered spam if for example, me and a friend engage in a silly 'Yes, No!, yes! No!' word game. (in our apartment or in PM I mean)

- It says advertising is forbidden, would that mean I'm technically not even allowed to talk about a New Video Game i bought to my friend on 3DXchat, because i'm 'promoting' another game if I say for instance "Oh the new Doom Game is sooo good, you should buy it too!" is -that- not also advertising?

Now as it stands, we don't KNOW, anything. We're all Guessing because the Developers are Silent as the grave.

Every time someone new enters my venue (not my regulars) I send the following message:

/me welcomes you to...
   ╔═════ ❤♡❤ ═════╗
♬♪♫       NUDΞ CLUB      ♬♪♫
   ╚═════ ❤♡❤ ═════╝

FUTA NUDIST RΞSORT OPΞN

Calm your soul the naked way
       No pressure, just relax

Does this mean I am spamming, and I am banned from welcoming players to my venue

51 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

Here are the rules for the game. 

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

This is the rule we have accepted when we subscribed. It seems that they have changed.

Kiss

My venue is a used a lot for Local Role Play... is this now banned..?

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Yes, it is connected to 3dx and US laws which you and they should follow. That is why everyone can use it accordingly with US constitution and stuff. Google more about that. Seems you didn`t saw how it happens.

Nope. If, and I mean IF you're trialed for something (serious, obviously) that happens in-game, it'll be based on the laws of the country you live in. The U.S. Constituition means nothing outside of the U.S.

3 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Yes, it is connected to 3dx and US laws which you and they should follow. That is why everyone can use it accordingly with US constitution and stuff. Google more about that. Seems you didn`t saw how it happens.

You *did* read the EULA, right?

Considering you're posting from the EULA - I'd ASSUME you did.