3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

Just now, R0bT said:

they charge a sub, they dont need shit

i will remind you that more than 1 month now they charge half the money ^^ 

i will also remind you that xgold was here when ppl joined the game its not a invention :) 

so when u join game u join with a sub and the knowlage you can buy xgold 

3 minutes ago, R0bT said:

well to be fair, i rarely go to wc anymore, im more of a nice guy in game now. plus ive never trolled user rooms, thats lame as fuck . even i am not that much of a dickhead

Compared to the newer toxic people that plague WC, and take it steps further and harass people on personal levels even in their own rooms, yeah, I'd say our WC trolling days were pretty damn tame....

Well pretty much the same convo going on in world as here. lol  Some say ... good... some say ... a warning should hav been... some say ... thats not why they were banned... some say ... was so. Some say .... i hate the 60 second timer! (okay that last is mostly me cuz i hate that fuckin timer. lol) 

Just now, xSweetMiseryx said:

Well pretty much the same convo going on in world as here. lol  Some say ... good... some say ... a warning should hav been... some say ... thats not why they were banned... some say ... was so. Some say .... i hate the 60 second timer! (okay that last is mostly me cuz i hate that fuckin timer. lol) 

So.. How do you like the timer ? I think you left that unclear. :)

11 minutes ago, Stellania said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't spend the 300 gold to promote it and help 3DX in whatever way.

I'm saying it's idiotic because if you promote your room .. 2 seconds after another one promotes his/her room .. you get tossed off.. 

Total promo time .. 2 seconds.

See where i'm going with this ?

Use the forum. I know is not in-game, so not as connected, but it is better than ads being thrown in a chat window which holds a very limited number of messages or lines of text in total.

I mean this is what (you) room owners need to understand and accept: WC stands for World Chat, not for toilet. But tolerance of (your) rampant ads got you thinking that it is "right", it is "correct" to do it "only once per hour". No, it is not. And you need to understand this, and accept it.

Now I'm sure you're all fine people and cool to hang out with, but you've been given a hand and now that the hand was pulled and you only get the finger you feel robbed of "something" you think you have a right to. You're not robbed of anything, you're just being slowed down to a stop. Or at least that's what I hope is happening :P

Edited by Whitesnake
cleanup, clarification

5 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

I mean this is what (you) room owners need to understand and accept: WC stands for World Chat, not for toilet. But tolerance of (your) rampant ads got you thinking that it is "right", it is "correct" to do it "only once per hour". No, it is not. And you need to understand this.

Well, i'm sure you're speaking to other room owners that actually do spam the WC with ads.

But while we're on the subject of "toilets" ..  What about those "war of words" between users that serve 0 purpose ?

What about MY tolerance to it ?  You saying it's more "right" and "correct" ? You're preaching to the wrong place.

Edited by Stellania

Well, the idea here is to get clarification, and - hopefully - logical resolution to the topic.

The rules clearly state not to spam, not to advertise.  It was never enforced before, so people are confused where the line gets drawn.

If it's going to be a solution, let it be just, and considerate.

Draconian solutions don't exactly please people.

Let's not worry about pointing fingers about things like "______ does it more than I do" or any such.  Let's make it more "Where we went wrong, why, what's being done, and what can be done to assist in moving forward."

Taking things personally is a shortcut to drama, after all.  By that end, trying to make things personal is the same quick path to that.

Best wishes,

-L

6 minutes ago, Stellania said:

Well, i'm sure you're speaking to other room owners that actually do spam the WC with ads.

But while we're on the subject of "toilets" ..  What about those "war of words" between users that serve 0 purpose ?

What about MY tolerance to it ?  You saying it's more "right" and "correct" ? You're preaching to the wrong place.

What "war of words"? In WC? Chat is conversation, and conversations can be good or bad. Spam is spam, not conversation but noise. Important difference. If you wouldn't like spam in your e-mail, where there is no real-time conversation, why would you or anyone else like it in real-time chat?

Just now, Laina said:

Well, the idea here is to get clarification, and - hopefully - logical resolution to the topic.

The rules clearly state not to spam, not to advertise.  It was never enforced before, so people are confused where the line gets drawn.

If it's going to be a solution, let it be just, and considerate.

Draconian solutions don't exactly please people.

Let's not worry about pointing fingers about things like "______ does it more than I do" or any such.  Let's make it more "Where we went wrong, why, what's being done, and what can be done to assist in moving forward."

Taking things personally is a shortcut to drama, after all.  By that end, trying to make things personal is the same quick path to that.

Best wishes,

-L

Like it was stated .. somewhere .. in this thread :

I can only speak for certainty about my group but I'm pretty sure most of the room owners wouldn't mind the change in mindset about the rules on advertising.

As long as said mindset change was clearly stated by the owners.

7 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

What "war of words"? In WC? Chat is conversation, and conversations can be good or bad. Spam is spam, not conversation but noise. Important difference. If you wouldn't like spam in your e-mail, where there is no real-time conversation, why would you or anyone else like it in real-time chat?

There are evenings, what am i saying, there are times, where it's not really conversations. More like a slugest of trolling, attacks directed towards people.. etc.

I respect your opinion and am not here to try and change it. I personally see BOTH the repeated ads and trolling / attacks / etc .. as the same kind of junk that needs to be dealt with.

There is, however, a WAY to do it .. especially if you've been lazy, lenient and permissive about it in the past.

Edited by Stellania

1 minute ago, Stellania said:

There are evenings, what am i saying, there are times, where it's not really conversations. More like a slugest of trolling, attacks directed towards people.. etc.

I respect your opinion and am not here to try and change it. I personally see BOTH the repeated ads and trolling / attacks / etc .. as the same kind of junk that needs to be dealt with.

There is, however, a WAY to do it .. especially if you've be lazy, lenient and permissive about it in the past.

Yeah, I mentioned a bit back that ongoing personal attacks were also against the rules, so, by definition, should be subject to the same moderation as people promoting their rooms, if such is considered advertisement.

Damndest thing to try and find a helpful medium or a balance, really.

1 minute ago, Laina said:

Yeah, I mentioned a bit back that ongoing personal attacks were also against the rules, so, by definition, should be subject to the same moderation as people promoting their rooms, if such is considered advertisement.

Damndest thing to try and find a helpful medium or a balance, really.

Thanks! I didn't remember who had said it! :)

I don't think there's a balance to be had in those though.

It's allowed or not. Middle ground only leaves place for interpretation.

Just now, Derai said:

If we go by those rules, THIS very thread and everyone in it is breaking the rules, because any discussion about Admin actions are forbidden... Yet here we are...

Ahhh yes, the paradox.

It is easier to ban spam via a script than to ban trolling. Spam is obvious and there can be rules, like if a message has more than 20 letters and multiple messages almost identical appear in a short period of time, then that's spam and bam, here's a ban, thank you ma'am.

But with "troll speak" is more difficult, and it needs live moderation. Plus it goes in the territory of "free speech", no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Spam is not free speech.

5 minutes ago, R0bT said:

no such thing as free speech in a privately owned game or app on the internet. you dont get the same rights in a game that you do in the real world. 

Aww, shit, I was catching up and Toss beat me to the punch on that one.

9 minutes ago, R0bT said:

no such thing as free speech in a privately owned game or app on the internet. you dont get the same rights in a game that you do in the real world. 

Well, call it "equal speech" then, it is speech, not spam :P

22 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

It is easier to ban spam via a script than to ban trolling. Spam is obvious and there can be rules, like if a message has more than 20 letters and multiple messages almost identical appear in a short period of time, then that's spam and bam, here's a ban, thank you ma'am.

Wow! clear, concise explanations on how it should be done.

I'll save that for when Devs asks how to do it!

But i agree, it's easier to setup a bot to check for spam.

Edited by Stellania