3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

29 minutes ago, Derai said:

I'm having trouble understanding her sentences too.
But what I -think- she means is that because she and her friends got Banned yesterday, she now today reports -every- Room Advertisement and every 'bad word' because... Reasons?

😬

Ok maybe I got lost but, Derai was the fist ban no? What has it to do with Nalley? Nalleys says it is Galaxxxy people. JadeKhali banned, and many others who have nothing to do with your war between groups, cos this is what it looks now, and tbh i dont care who started, it it is not my business. Just the accusations dont make sense regarding to all the various people banned...except if those people got banned cos...some got pissed to be ban so let s report everyone, so we do a lot of collateral damage just for pleasure...

Edited by Torax

Stellania was the one opening this thread because she noticed herself being Suspended for 'Spam' last night, which was odd to say the least.

She doesn't -spam-, our Advertisement more then once every Hour or so.

I would like to point out something in the following forum: 

Particularly the section as follow:

2.04. Spamming is prohibited messages in chats. This therefore includes excessive use of caps.

We're definitely going to need to see an addendum to this that proliferates exactly what is considered spam.

I don't promote rooms, nor do I like to babble nonsensical bullshit (despite my drinking habits) but - let's be honest...

Some people paste entire billboards of text using symbols, and miscellaneous characters to make what they deem is eye candy.

Others paste simple text such as "Check out _________, where the music is popping tonight!"

Then there's those that literally post as follows "Single MILF, horny AF, drop by!"

By definition, is it spam the first time it's posted?  After several timesHow often?  These are the bylaws that you MUST define if you're to regulate or enforce things.

Or else, you're proclaiming the lumping of anyone that anyone deems as 'spam' to be considered 'spam' and therefore subject to punitive action.  Someone could say "Preach!" after an argumentative statement - if someone doesn't like it, they report it as spam.  If enough people report this, is it spam?  Is it a bannable offense?

If you're going to enforce upon communication, ON a platform that is pretty much ABOUT communication, then we MUST have definitive, tangible rules and notices when rules change.

Cheers,

-L

Edited by Laina
Typo/Grammar Fixes

Just now, Derai said:

Stellania was the one opening this thread because she noticed herself being Suspended for 'Spam' last night, which was odd to say the least.

She doesn't -spam-, our Advertisement more then once every Hour or so.

The  groups/people impacted seems random to me...

7 minutes ago, Torax said:

Ok maybe I got lost but, Derai was the fist ban no? What has it to do with Nalley? Nalleys says it is Galaxxxy people. JadeKhali banned, and many others who have nothing to do with your war between groups, cos this is what it looks now, and tbh i dont care who started, it it is not my business. Just the accusations dont make sense regarding to all the various people banned...except if those people got banned cos...some got pissed to be ban so let s report everyone, so we do a lot of collateral damage just for pleasure...

No, we dont know. There might be a 100 ppl kicked out before her, but Stellania is the first forum user to start a thread about it.

1 minute ago, Torax said:

The  groups/people impacted seems random to me...

Yes, that's what worries me too. Because lets face it, this community as a whole has a problem being paranoid and judgmental.
Any of the groups that are now NOT Banned, are gonna be scrutinized and accused of -causing- this.
Speculation already runs rampant, and the utter lack of communication from @Lisa and @Gizmo is fanning the flames.

6 minutes ago, Laina said:

I would like to point out something in the following forum: 

Particularly the section as follow:

2.04. Spamming is prohibited messages in chats. This therefore includes excessive use of caps.

We're definitely going to need to see an addendum to this that proliferates exactly what is considered spam.

I don't promote rooms, nor do I like to babble nonsensical bullshit (despite my drinking habits) but - let's be honest...

Some people paste entire billboards of text using symbols, and miscellaneous characters to make what they deem is eye candy.

Others paste simple text such as "Check out _________, where the music is popping tonight!"

Then there's those that literally post as follows "Single MILF, horny AF, drop by!"

By definition, is it spam the first time it's posted?  After several timesHow often?  These are the bylaws that you MUST define if you're to regulate or enforce things.

Or else, you're proclaiming the lumping of anyone that anyone deems as 'spam' to be considered 'spam' and therefore subject to punitive action.  Someone could say "Preach!" after an argumentative statement - if someone doesn't like it, they report it as spam.  If enough people report this, is it spam?  Is it a bannable offense?

If you're going to enforce upon communication, ON a platform that is pretty much ABOUT communication, then we MUST have definitive, tangible rules and notices when rules change.

Cheers,

-L

Couldn't "Like" your comment.. but I like your comment!

Makes total sense! :)

2 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Was "Galaxxxy" the first who was banned for spamming ?

Don't think it matters much who was the first, the point is that people are getting reported and Suspended even Now.
And we're not hearing Anything from the Devs about it.

2 minutes ago, Derai said:

Don't think it matters much who was the first, the point is that people are getting reported and Suspended even Now.
And we're not hearing Anything from the Devs about it.

It matters for me a little.

20 minutes ago, Torax said:

👍 The reason for the suspensions is written in the rules. I hope that these rules are applied to everyone without discrimination, but only the administrators will have to think about it, otherwise we risk making things worse by denouncing each other and it will be a very bad thing.

Kissess and Hugs.

4 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

It matters for me a little.

I suppose it can matter on a personal level - but it shouldn't, in all honesty.  The only thing that "I was the first to be banned" is going to be good for is drama, really.  What really matters isn't who, but why, how, and what can be done to prevent this from going rampant (a little late for that latter part, but, meh, semantics)

I can't reiterate upon my previous posts enough.

Toods muh doods,

-L

8 minutes ago, Laina said:

I suppose it can matter on a personal level - but it shouldn't, in all honesty.  The only thing that "I was the first to be banned" is going to be good for is drama, really.  What really matters isn't who, but why, how, and what can be done to prevent this from going rampant (a little late for that latter part, but, meh, semantics)

I can't reiterate upon my previous posts enough.

Toods muh doods,

-L

By "it matters for me a little" i meant this. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

👍 The reason for the suspensions is written in the rules. I hope that these rules are applied to everyone without discrimination, but only the administrators will have to think about it, otherwise we risk making things worse by denouncing each other and it will be a very bad thing.

Kissess and Hugs.

Yes the reason for ban is Spam, according to rules. But why suddenly what was accepted for so long isnt anymore. We dont even know what is considered as spam. They added a 60 second timer to counter spam. I dont mind there are rules to follow, but it would be nice to be warned beforehand if something allowed isnt anymore.

Just now, Torax said:

Yes the reason for ban is Spam, according to rules. But why suddenly what was accepted for so long isnt anymore. We dont even know what is considered as spam. They added a 60 second timer to counter spam. I dont mind there are rules to follow, but it would be nice to be warned beforehand if something allowed isnt anymore.

Read my mind there!

1 minute ago, Torax said:

Galaxxxy spammed their room by different people. I don`t know if it was exactly idea of  hosts or of their fans, but they started to avoid 60 seconds. Not only they. I can`t get what was these bans about? was it really any auto-ban system?