3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

To a degree, this is feeling like the dark days of moderators all over again.

People are going to need a clear cut definition of spam if there's going to be punishments such as this.

You will need full time staff to monitor the chat at all times, as well, if you're intending to hand out bans.  After all, what's the method of detecting spam?  Is it autonomous?  Does it automatically detect and ban something if the same exact message is posted more than X amount of times in a row?  Or does it go off of how many people report a specific person?  If it's reporting, you can see how this is already going to be a terrible method, as it's going to play off of a drama system.

If it's autonomous, and a conversation were to be unfolding in world chat, even with the delay, what if someone's only response to something was "lmao!"  What if the conversation was so entertaining they repeated this X number of times?

I'm not one for stirring up shit, as those that stir the shit pot should be made to lick the spoon, but... in this case, something ain't stirring the kool-aid.

Best wishes,

-L

Just now, djMoonNoire said:

I would like if more valid reasons were possible regarding my ban for spam since yesterday I spammed only 4 times throughout the day and as I pay like everyone I would like valid explanations

Hum.. you aware that they banned you for "spam" and you just admitted to having spammed  4 times right? lol

Listen. I get the need to clean up WC. For those that go there it's tough to have a conversation with all the clubs advertising their places.

But, for the owners and operators of 3dxChat to institute an autoban system with people who have never been banned, including myself who's been here for over 6 years, in this game is just a bit out of bounds. 

I had my club open and I hardly ever go into WC. But I was like, "Ok, everyone else has done it. I should to." so I did the following with a /me in front of it

THOT´s n PLAYA´s
     FUCK CLUB
      WELLCUM!

I did that once. Just once. And got banned for it. 

Please, @Gizmo @Lisa This is draconian measures at best. Please lift the ban and disable the autoban feature until it can be tested thoroughly. 

Edited by Wildcard

To be fair, judging by the scale of this ban wave it's also possible someone hacked the system and automatically banned everyone who posted in World Chat. It's not necessarily on the developers / admins themselves. I suggest we wait for an official confirmation from them.

1 minute ago, Laina said:

To a degree, this is feeling like the dark days of moderators all over again.

People are going to need a clear cut definition of spam if there's going to be punishments such as this.

You will need full time staff to monitor the chat at all times, as well, if you're intending to hand out bans.  After all, what's the method of detecting spam?  Is it autonomous?  Does it automatically detect and ban something if the same exact message is posted more than X amount of times in a row?  Or does it go off of how many people report a specific person?  If it's reporting, you can see how this is already going to be a terrible method, as it's going to play off of a drama system.

If it's autonomous, and a conversation were to be unfolding in world chat, even with the delay, what if someone's only response to something was "lmao!"  What if the conversation was so entertaining they repeated this X number of times?

I'm not one for stirring up shit, as those that stir the shit pot should be made to lick the spoon, but... in this case, something ain't stirring the kool-aid.

Best wishes,

-L

No harm into questioning "methods used" for this or that when it's done in an intelligent manner.

That's usually how things improve!

Thanks!

if so GaborX is the creator of the game that has to protect us when we pay we do it because we want a clean service and not an autoban that is useless but only to ignite useless discussions where are the moderators when they are needed?

5 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

Listen. I get the need to clean up WC. For those that go there it's tough to have a conversation with all the clubs advertising their places.

But, for the owners and operators of 3dxChat to institute an autoban system with people who have never been banned, including myself who's been here for over 6 years, in this game is just a bit out of bounds. 

I had my club open and I hardly ever go into WC. But I was like, "Ok, everyone else has done it. I should to." so I did the following with a /me in front of it

THOT´s n PLAYA´s
     FUCK CLUB
      WELLCUM!

I did that once. Just once. And got banned for it. 

Please, @Gizmo @Lisa This is draconian measures at best. Please lift the ban and disable the autoban feature until it can be tested thoroughly. 

WoW. Just .. Wow.

Sorry you have to go through the same stuff Wildcard.

I actually see names of ppl I know and enjoy going to see, so knowing this shit is going down w/o notice is messed up. I recently was said to be banned for a day for posting a link in my private room. When I went to ask the dev's what I did wrong, I never heard back or anything. I feel for anyone whose dealing w this crap.

As you guys work on the lags/crashes please work on the communication system because it sucks atm.

Just now, Wildcard said:

They should at least post that they are looking into the matter. Their silence is deafening. 

Precisely why I started the thread and now in retrospect, I should have posted about it yesterday.

1 minute ago, TwistedFate said:

I actually see names of ppl I know and enjoy going to see, so knowing this shit is going down w/o notice is messed up. I recently was said to be banned for a day for posting a link in my private room. When I went to ask the dev's what I did wrong, I never heard back or anything. I feel for anyone whose dealing w this crap.

As you guys work on the lags/crashes please work on the communication system because it sucks atm.

Meh, sorry you had to go through that as well TwistedFate!

I'm sure they're doing the best they can right now. If there's an issue, a hardware one or a "software one" .. they're probably working on it.

The lack of communication is .. as stated in a previous message.. deafening!

3 minutes ago, DevilWoman said:

i still report who spam world chat and how i write on the topic i dont stop bcuz i have right to report spam i never do that before but now i must like someone reporte us fro nothing

Sorry but, what?
I'm having trouble understanding that logic I'm afraid.
You think someone reported you, so you report everyone?

That's like 'Someone stole my wallet, so I'm going to burn everyone's house down'    The logic is just.... Not there.
But that might be just me not getting it...