3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

Just now, BadWord said:

Like welcome and hello?

You're assuming it's in local chat. I'm going farther and farther away from that theory.

But .. this was the ad i posted yesterday .. 

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●
        DANGEROUS DIVAS

Hard Rock Beach
                (UPDATED)

The Dangerous Diva
         STELLANIA, on duty!
 ●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Every 45 minutes or so. :)

Just now, Stellania said:

You're assuming it's in local chat. I'm going farther and farther away from that theory.

But .. this was the ad i posted yesterday .. 

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●
        DANGEROUS DIVAS

Hard Rock Beach
                (UPDATED)

The Dangerous Diva
         STELLANIA, on duty!
 ●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Every 45 minutes or so. :)

I've seen people spamming WC like, every time their sixty seconds are up. Why aren't -they- banned?

1 minute ago, Derai said:

Stella got a one single word ‘Spam’ as “reason for suspension” though. 
So it’s not the ‘forbidden words’ thing. 

So she got a reply from them? or was that on some form?

Just now, JenC said:

So she got a reply from them? or was that on some form?

When you are locked out / suspended .. you get the reason why in the form of a link to click that brings you to your profile and "explains" the reason.

1 minute ago, Studio Fantasy Label said:

Good morning too I was suspended SPAM, but I believe that is not the problem, many people had the same problem, including my wife was suspended without even having entered the game, today when she tried to enter she was suspended, so it must be someone else problem, it is not Spam or not Spam responsible for this

Is that so ? Strange indeed!

That's still the message I got from the system and why I started this thread.

Hope it gets resolved for your wife as well then.

2 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

I've seen people spamming WC like, every time their sixty seconds are up. Why aren't -they- banned?

Isn't that why the 60 second limit is there? You are technically allowed to post something every minute. If the speed limit is 50 km/h and someone drives at exactly that speed, would you fine them? If 60 seconds is not enough because people still exploit it for their own profit then I suggest raising that limit to more, like 5 minutes, 10 minutes or more. But I wouldn't ban anyone who merely adheres to the current rules.

Or if this makes World Chat not serve its original purpose then I think there should be a separate channel created for advertisements only, and ban them all from World Chat completely.

Good morning too I was suspended SPAM, but I believe that is not the problem, many people had the same problem, including my wife was suspended without even having entered the game, today when she tried to enter she was suspended, so it must be someone else problem, it is not Spam or not Spam responsible for this

3 minutes ago, R0bT said:

you sure friends weren't also posting it for you as well?  I dont know this for sure but perhaps they set it up that if a message is repeated so many times within a certain time frame, ban. maybe it was just bad luck on your part if friends or people in your room was also posting it

Well, I don't spend time checking WC that much as i'm busy with Local Chat .. but i doubt friends advertise for us Rob.

Edited by Stellania

3 minutes ago, GaborX said:

Isn't that why the 60 second limit is there? You are technically allowed to post something every minute. If the speed limit is 50 km/h and someone drives at exactly that speed, would you fine them? If 60 seconds is not enough because people still exploit it for their own profit then I suggest raising that limit to more, like 5 minutes, 10 minutes or more. But I wouldn't ban anyone who merely adheres to the current rules.

Or if this makes World Chat not serve its original purpose then I think there should be a separate channel created for advertisements only, and ban them all from World Chat completely.

That's my point. If it's set for sixty seconds so as to not be classed as spam, why would Stella get banned for doing it only every 30 to 45 mins?

Remember that many word games here on forum were locked down by Gizmo as he considered it spam. As players of those games we did not think so.  So yes I think a clear definition of what spam is would be beneficial for all.

Bia you are banned??  For how long? Will you be able to spin tomorrow evening?

Edited by SusanLouisa

3 minutes ago, R0bT said:

as jen says, its no doubt key words, although nothing in your message sticks out as bad so its very odd. sorry to hear about your temp ban. Hope this gets resolved for you

How can it be "no doubt"? is it not just as likely there is someone reporting people and/or they just cleared the backlog from the last few months or something?