3DXChat Community

Building stairs tips?

grigoris

33 minutes ago, grigoris said:

Thank you...but what if the floor to the 1st floor is 4 meters...how do you place the bits of stairs correctly?

depending the stairs u have chose  can be 0.15 or 0.25  having set ur snap step to match the previous ready stair ...play with the values :) 

i would suggest tho make custom stairs and not use the default props ..customs best are if each step is 0.1 and distance /hight  from each other also 0.1 

so 4 meters high is 40 steps without gaps :) circle stair can save you some room also 

On 5/28/2020 at 7:23 AM, grigoris said:

any tip on how to build stairs?hard to align,scale and calculate the proper hight...?

Well mostly that you should never count the floor above the stairs as the last step, instead make sure you align the top surface of the staircase with the floor base, then bottom of the staircase step with the floor. Other than that the stairs are perfectly made so the nice of the top and bottom makes it possible to extend and align them together to extend its size.

The default stairs are too narrow, too steep and steps too big in my opinion for most applications. I always resize them to the width and step size more suitable. Then once you have the size right, then use the copy tool and add more of them till you get over the height you need.  Group them up if you like then move them into position.  Note if youre doing mutiple levels, then a bit more work is needed to get much closer to the correct size needed as you usually cant afford to have excess hanging down below the floor. ive included some pics to show what I do.

resize.JPG

copy and merge.JPG

copy and merge2.JPG

copy and merge3.JPG

lining up.JPG

clipp.JPG