3DXChat Community

Uploading profile images problem

FutabaSakura

So I'm trying to revamp my profile with new images and new text. I removed all of my old images and I'm trying to upload the new ones, but the spinning circle never stops. It uploads the previous images just fine, but none of the new images go through.

I've already double checked the file type and file sizes. Every image I upload is saved as .jpg. The first attempt, the image was 530 KB, second one I lowered it down to 175 KB, and the last time it was lowered down to 120 KB. So I really don't understand why nothing's being uploaded. One of the images I had uploaded previously was 765 KB so the file size shouldn't be the problem. The last thing I tried was to save it as a .png file type but that didn't do the trick either.

Would anyone happen to know why I can't upload any new files on my profile?

Thanks in advance!

I just about started a new topic on this. I am new to the game and only have been playing since version 414.

So I finally decided to get my profile set up and I can't upload any pictures as well no matter what size or type.

This is really aggravating and I am about ready to just close my account and move on because as it stands,  I am not a very happy customer right now that thinks what he is paying is waaaaay to much for all the BS lately. 

I hope the Devs read these forums and hear the complaints and get some kind of action plan going because the issues I am reading that people are having seem pretty small and one would think it would be easy to fix.

I hope someone has some kind of help on this.

21 minutes ago, magrute said:

I just about started a new topic on this. I am new to the game and only have been playing since version 414.

So I finally decided to get my profile set up and I can't upload any pictures as well no matter what size or type.

This is really aggravating and I am about ready to just close my account and move on because as it stands,  I am not a very happy customer right now that thinks what he is paying is waaaaay to much for all the BS lately. 

I hope the Devs read these forums and hear the complaints and get some kind of action plan going because the issues I am reading that people are having seem pretty small and one would think it would be easy to fix.

I hope someone has some kind of help on this.

Try to calm your anger, the game has been going through a ddos attack and the servers are messed up at the moment. Everything has worked fine for years, don't get too angry just because something isn't working for a little bit, I'm sure they're working on it.

12 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

have you tried the png format ?

I did try png format, same result. No matter how small or large the image was, having it be a .png didn't make a difference. I did try uploading other images that I never uploaded and some worked while others didn't. I tried to look at the details of each file but I can't see any differences. I personally think there's something wrong with the uploading system, especially since the last few days our profiles have been pretty messed up. One time you'd be able to see ones profile and another time you won't.

I hope double posting isn't a really bad thing, but I figured that I'd throw up an status update.

I decided to quickly try and upload the images again, and this time it just worked. So I suppose there's random moments (in this period at least) where it doesn't work. It's 4 PM as of this posts creation so do with that info what you must. 

Unless the devs actually changed something, it's been fixed. Otherwise, it was pure luck.

Last night was kinda crazy with uploading pics because they would disappear a few minutes after I uploaded them.

The largest file I've ever uploaded was 1.31 mb so it could be really zoomed, and it was a .png image. I'm hoping your issues last night were temporary!

Edited by PluushPuussy

I'm not sure if you have tried this but I was having the same issue with some images that I had edited in photoshop. Don't ask me why this works but the following workaround has worked every time for me.

When you have finished editing what ever image you are working on, save it as a jpeg, then open microsoft paint with the image. Then resave it.

I know it sounds weird but it works every time for me.

It is 9:04 am where I am and tried to upload again and I was able to finally upload pictures.

I used the same one that did not work last night and it uploaded very fast.

Dunno if they fixed it or not, but in any case, all is good on my end.

If the Devs do read these, thank you for fixing the issue finally. I doubt me pissing and moaning brought about action, but all things aside keep up the good work guys!!

I really like this game and don't want to quit, but I can't afford yo pay for something that doesn't work as advertised. lol

@Raichu, Didn't mean to come off mad but I wasn't I was just making a statement (not quite at the angry part yet) it was more like frustration.

FYI I don't get mad usually, I just walk away 😉

• Lisa locked this topic