3DXChat Community

Getting il2cpp error after install

Hi, I just subscribed a couple of days ago, but I haven't been able to get the game running yet. I keep getting a "Failed to load il2cpp" error when attempting to start the game. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled, I ran the patcher and the game as an administrator (and the patcher did download everything before triggering the error when attempting to launch the game). I've also seen other topics in the help section describing other solutions and I've tried them all, but the error is still popping up. I even have the GameAssembly.dll file.

Does anyone know of any other solutions to this? It'd be a bummer if I can't even get the game running.

I uninstalled and redownloaded the game, went through installation again, and I'm still running into the same problem. I've already given the app permission to go through WIndows Firewall. I don't have an antivirus on my computer. I've tried everything that's been suggested in this thread and others.

I really appreciate the help, but it's looking pretty hopeless at this point.

Hi, sometimes deleting the software and reinstalling is not enough to create a clean installation.  In this post shown below from Gizmo (the main man for 3dxchat) he explains he created a batch file to delete an entry in the system Registry.  It can also be deleted manually if you are confident in what you are doing.

So it would be worth trying to:

1. Remove the 3dxchat app and related files/folders.

2. Clean the Registry

3. Download and reinstall the game.

Follow the link (the arrow in the top right corner of the quote below) to Gizmo's original post to actually find the link to the batch file he mentions.  You can also find some guidance on manually deleting the Registry entry a couple of posts above Gizmo's in that other thread.

Worth a try maybe as this method does sometimes fix problems that recur despite deleting and reinstalling.

Edited by Leopardus
Added more explanation on how to follow the link to Gizmo's post.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, ILoveJessicaRabbit said:

I have Windows Vista. I don't see any antivirus anywhere, just WIndows Firewall and Windows Defender and I've turned them both off completely, but it still won't launch. 

The game only runs with Window 10 64bits