3DXChat Community

3DXChat City Build Competition

Ashbash

Here is the thing, we can talk about best builders or why some chose not to compete or do compete. For me this is a great idea why, because many of us have different timelines and have no idea what the other builders make. Mainly not all builders post their builds for free or show off their builds. For many years I have found hidden gems. They are shy and some have built things that make others (mainly my own work) look and feel dull. Why, because they have put new things people have never thought about, I have seen things that have inspired me to lift my game up so I can make better things knowing that they made it, which means I can too. So I encourage people to try put faith in yourself and know that the only one judging is your work is yourself, because to a person like me, I am viewing your art, your design, dream and chance are I love it because you took the chance. 

Edited by Rob.

10 hours ago, Losst said:

Is it allowed to use old props (several years old)? I mean, Im thinking on joining and if I do, I'd like to use some of my old models (like my bikes, i.e.).

Of course! You are able to use old props if you'd like.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, Ashbash said:

Credit: 
Please credit the creators of objects you may use in your creation in the following format at the end of your post:

ObjectName Used - Creator CreatorsName
Also hyperlink the objects name to the link where you got the item from. (Don't worry even if it's the Modz site, and other 3rd party websites it's fine.) to help others discover the fantastic objects creators have made.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Losst said:

Is it allowed to use old props (several years old)? I mean, Im thinking on joining and if I do, I'd like to use some of my old models (like my bikes, i.e.).

On 6/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, Ashbash said:

Of course! You are able to use old props if you'd like.

Hey Losst,  I think Ashbash already stated that in the rules... 

And for everyone else, this is the inside of my house

2020-06-14 00-49-57_59419.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hincholas said:

Good evening and sorry for my bad English...  When I saw this thread, I wanted to enter this contest...  But after giving it a lot of thought, I figured it would go beyond my principles.  Why would that be?  Because no matter how hard I look for a reason to participate, I can't find one...  It's been two years now since I signed up for 3dx chat.  I discovered the world editor quite quickly and I must admit that it's what amuses me the most in this game.  Since the beginning I contacted the devs to propose them my ideas and tell them about the problems I have with this game.  I was hoping to find answers to my questions but I never received any!  Absolute nothing...  I want to make it clear that I have always supported 3dx even in its worst moments.  Recently I have been able to discuss with Lisa.  I talked one last time about my problems, especially the radio that doesn't work anymore in my rooms since the change of servers...  It took almost 3 weeks for her to tell me that 3dx is not going to do anything about it for the moment...

So now I'm wondering why participate in this contest when the devs do nothing for us?  Why give them interest?  Personally I'm going to give interest to people who want to see the things I build than to people who are going to rate rooms on pictures.  My room city is almost finished and I'm going to offer it to people who want to visit it rather than to people who have never bothered to answer me or do anything for me.

So I wish good luck to the participants of this contest and don't forget to give a lot of attention to the three people who will, I think, spend the least time in your rooms

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that and I do understand. I, too sometimes wait a long time to hear anything back. It is unfortunate you do not want to enter, but I do understand your reasons, and I'd love to come check out your room sometime when it's open to the public. :) Thank you.

Edited by Ashbash

4 minutes ago, Sylphie said:

I see the message with the world that I shared last week haven't been opened so far. I wonder if judges actually plan to look at the worlds or just do it based on screenshots and descriptions?  🤔

Yes same, Ash has not even opened mah message with tha world file attached....... in fact he hasnt even answered a question i asked about how to attach tha world file in the forum messenger, so i had to send a dropbox link. 

7 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

Yes same, Ash has not even opened mah message with tha world file attached....... in fact he hasnt even answered a question i asked about how to attach tha world file in the forum messenger, so i had to send a dropbox link. 

I guess there's no other way, I also didn't find a way to attach files to PM... which is weird cause I can attach it to a reply that I'm writing at the moment.

9 hours ago, Sylphie said:

I see the message with the world that I shared last week haven't been opened so far. I wonder if judges actually plan to look at the worlds or just do it based on screenshots and descriptions?  🤔

9 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

I was on vacation. :D So the DMs were delayed to be opened, sorry about that! But I am back now and already discussing with Lisa and Giz the different rooms. Winners will be announced Friday. 

Edited by Ashbash

Winners for the competition are.... *Drum Roll*

1st Place: Yannick - Venice

2nd Place: Nonamelessa/VampGirl - Russian Ghetto

3rd Place: Alliehotass - Infinity City 2055

4th Place: Paulita - Ocean Drive South Beach Miami

5th Place: Sylphie - Sylphies Cyber lounge

Congratulations to the winners! Feedback as to what were the things we liked about each build will be posted in this response this coming weekend as it was a tough one, trust me on this... It's 4am my time and it was a long night debating each build. You've all done fantastic builds. Congratulations again @Yannick, @Nonamelessa, @Alliehotass, @Paulita and @Sylphie. And congratulations to the other entries, it was a toughie. The winners will receive their prizes during the coming week.

To reiterate the prizes are the following:

1st Place: 1 Year Subscription

2nd Place: 6 Months Subscription

3rd Place: 3 Months Subscription

4th/5th Places: 10,000 XGold

Congrats Winners the detail of your builds was by far the best according to the Judges so hats off to you.

Im hoping all 3 Judges walked through the builds thoroughly seeing as we all spent an entire Month making these, well i know i did. Only one night to Judge 10 builds seems fast to me. But you 3 knew what you were looking for so....

You can donate my prize to one of the lower ranking builders ah just entered for the competition between builders to see how i compared and im more than happy with my efforts. My room was not a Sex Room so maybe i lost points there but the Winners room will make a perfect room for that, Sex and Romance which is def more fitting to this game being just a Sex Game. Congrats Yannick.

Shame the Russian Ghetto room was opened as a Rape room the other night, Rape Street, kind of ruined it for me going through and checking it out but the Judges were not put off by that which is good for the builder i guess. Congrats VampGirl for a well earned 2nd place ☺️

Thanx for an AWESOME competition peeps lol, was hoping more had competed but maybe they didnt trust the judges being the Devs perhaps.

Wont see you in the next one as i put everything into this one and am built out.

Also it will be very interesting to read each of your in depth analyses concerning each build and your reasoning for your choices, that will be fascinating to read im sure. :)

So give my 3 months to another builder thankyou ❤️

Edited by Alliehotass

Very much interested to see the feedback Ash.

I visited Yannick's room yesterday and I liked it, though the design left me somewhat perplexed, but very nice and a nice feel to it. :)

Although what im working on would of fitted with the theme asked of the comp, but sadly I didnt get the time to finish and enter it.

Congrats to all the builders. 👍

Congrats to all the winners! It was the first time for me to participate in something like this and I found we have a lot of great builders. 

Honestly speaking my top favorite was Allie's room and I had no doubt it would be #1... at least from the screenshots. But oh well, I'm not one of the judges, what do I know 😁
@Alliehotass I would be extremely happy to walk around that place in game just to get the real feeling. 

I do feel Russian ghetto was more about quantity rather quality, I walked around it in game and it was mostly blocks and empty walls. Scale is impressive though, but well, that's my personal opinion. 

I guess it will be really the first and the last competition for me, but I'll continue polishing Cyber Lounge and keep it open for everyone who wants to have a look and listen to some retrowave music. 😘😋

44 minutes ago, Alliehotass said:

Thanx Sylphie, ah will open eet up one day, eets a huge file as i put so much detail into eet as ah strictly built eet for a show room specifically fo tha comp. If ya see me in game id be happy to open eet fo you :) Take care :)

Hope it. it has something of Ghost in the Shell hihi

you gots to be kidding,  that rooms were lame as fuck.    no work involved at all where allies had soooo much awesome content and detail.    congrats to all who participated but this was just as fukked up as when Torax won the Modzforum competion.    Opinion competions usually are badly represented by hooman judges like ice skating is so fukked up.

and yes my opinion is just one more but REALLY?  the rape room?  no talent involved there..   ROTFLMFAO   

I want to thank the jury for the decision. 😀

It was a pleasure to build Venice for the community of 3DX. 

I will open it the whole day for everyone to take a look at and enjoy the city of Venice.

Little marginal not : I'm Jannick with a J not a Y ... LOL .. doesn't matter but easier to find me ;)

2 hours ago, lisafelicia said:

this was just as fukked up as when Torax won the Modzforum competion. 

I didnt won the Modz competition. Still pissed after 3 years I can see :)

Edited by Torax

Congratulations to all the builders and designers :)

To be honest, I had a lot of faith in Allie's room (and a little scary ;)) if I ever meet him personally, I will need many days to see him, with my PC and the weight of the room I will not be able to take more than two steps every 10 minutes :P and I think the Venice award is well deserved

Special congratulations to Yannick, Nonamelessa, Alliehotass and Sylphie, a pleasure to have competed with you  :wub:

Hey guys,

Thanks again for the entries it has been fantastic to view them all. Also thank you for the reports, we had no idea about the room being opened up with rules being broken, so the Russian Ghetto room has been disqualified due to rule breaking with their title and intent.

Which means the revised list is as follows:

1st Place: Jannick - Venice

2nd Place: Alliehotass - Infinity City 2055

3rd Place: Paulita - Ocean Drive South Beach Miami

4th Place: Sylphie - Sylphies Cyber lounge

5th Place: Pandorra - Berlin Penthause

Thank you all again for the entries, it's been a blast. Prizes will be sent out this week. Sylphie and Pandorra, please DM me with your character names, so Gizmo/Lisa can send the XGold to your accounts. Giftcards for Jannick, Allie and Paulita will be sent through DM. @Alliehotass Do you have anyone in mind to give your code to? Please DM me. :)

Feedback is delayed due to the changes made to the competition, we'll work on getting it posted asap. A bit hard to get three different feedbacks without language barriers, but I'm working on it! :D