3DXChat Community

3DXChat City Build Competition

Ashbash

1 minute ago, jadekhali said:

These are just opinions of mine......If you really want to compete against weaker opponents you can always just cheat and create an alt .....but I believe you and Redji have too much integrity for that  :)

This becomes ridiculous and this is not an opionion you give anymore...Why would they cheat by competing? Since when the best in a discipline shouldnt be allowed to compete? And thinking that people creating alts to cheat shows how your mind is perverted....

Basically you tell Redji, if you participate, you are an asshole, good job. I am out Jade, and you are out of my FL as well, too tired of you. Bye,

20 minutes ago, Torax said:

This becomes ridiculous and this is not an opionion you give anymore...Why would they cheat by competing? Since when the best in a discipline shouldnt be allowed to compete? And thinking that people creating alts to cheat shows how your mind is perverted....

Basically you tell Redji, if you participate, you are an asshole, good job. I am out Jade, and you are out of my FL as well, too tired of you. Bye,

Something got lost in the translation obviously  lol

Geez why does he treat me so mean.......I could care care less if Pedro Conti entered this contest......just don't expect me to take it seriously if he does ......lol

Edited by jadekhali

It's pretty sad to see people giving up because of one toxic player.

Might as well ignore him and do whatever you want anyway. Otherwise you just let him have what he want in the end.

The contest is open to anyone, that's what is written, that's how it works. If a few can't stand the idea of losing, that's their own problem.

Agreed, all can enter, there are no limits to who can enter, so don't feel discouraged to enter. It's a fun competition at the end of the day to win nice prizes. Especially during current events, we all need a bit of escape from reality and this is a perfect way to do that. And at the end of it, some users can win some prizes. All in all, it is a fun experience and is designed around the basis of fun, so do not feel pressured or rushed, build at your own pace and have fun in the process.

Again I look forward to seeing all who enter build submissions, I'm super excited! Good luck everyone, and remember, please submit your submissions here: 

Edited by Ashbash

On 6/1/2020 at 5:59 PM, jadekhali said:

I consider Redji the Real Madrid of builders......Would you consider it fair for a bunch of high school teams to play Real Madrid in soccer?

Jadekhakli as you have decided to use football as your comparison... Then I guess I should mention the UEFA European Championship 1992. 

Denmark didn't originally qualify because they weren't good enough.  However, guess who won it..?   Denmark won by beating Germany 2-0 in the final.

13 minutes ago, AlexaDarkness said:

Jadekhakli as you have decided to use football as your comparison... Then I guess I should mention the UEFA European Championship 1992. 

Denmark didn't originally qualify because they weren't good enough.  However, guess who won it..?   Denmark won by beating Germany 2-0 in the final.

Las Vegas gets rich off of people like you  :)

I am sometimes amazed by the builders that are not known then by the ones that are known. The ones that are known were once unknown too until they created something many people remember and it stays with them. There are many builders entering and me, I love that something finally got people with amazing ideas to try. The primary thing that sets builders apart is not the quality but the idea behind the build. I encourage people to do their best. These best builds however will one day not be considered the best build for the builders since I hope they discover the fun in making an idea come to life and they will improve more and more. Thus getting better and better never truly finding their best because they will continue creating. As I said I am not entering because I am opening a room with a city feel in October so I am using my ideas on that room. Makes no sense to me to display it this early but I am having fun making it.

• Varz pinned this topic
On 6/5/2020 at 4:30 AM, Rob. said:

I am sometimes amazed by the builders that are not known then by the ones that are known. The ones that are known were once unknown too until they created something many people remember and it stays with them. There are many builders entering and me, I love that something finally got people with amazing ideas to try. The primary thing that sets builders apart is not the quality but the idea behind the build. I encourage people to do their best. These best builds however will one day not be considered the best build for the builders since I hope they discover the fun in making an idea come to life and they will improve more and more. Thus getting better and better never truly finding their best because they will continue creating. As I said I am not entering because I am opening a room with a city feel in October so I am using my ideas on that room. Makes no sense to me to display it this early but I am having fun making it.

Well said Rob, one of the reasons this is going ahead. To bring out those people from the shadows to shine with their creations and above all else who had fun the process of creating it.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity Ashbash, has any discussion occurred with the Gizmo and Lisa about making the winning scene some type of featured room open 24/7 for "X"  amount of time? To me, that is the most exciting part. The ability for anyone to visit it at anytime and enjoy it and have others enjoy it.

Sure, a Trophy on a shelf that gets dusty is great, but a delicious cake that wins a competition and never runs out for a long time that day after day can be enjoyed.... is even better.

Edited by THX

On 6/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, THX said:

Out of curiosity Ashbash, has any discussion occurred with the Gizmo and Lisa about making the winning scene some type of featured room open 24/7 for "X"  amount of time? To me, that is the most exciting part. The ability for anyone to visit it at anytime and enjoy it and have others enjoy it.

Sure, a Trophy on a shelf that gets dusty is great, but a delicious cake that wins a competition and never runs out for a long time that day after day can be enjoyed.... is even better.

It's what I'm trying to get moving, especially with the new server solution coming soon with protection of the rooms from hackers.

hello .... i have a question regarding the end date for the challenge. As there are a lot of crashes, often we can't build, like right now 1.40pm CET, impossible to connect to the server and many builders who connect during crash problems will waste a lot of time ... .

3 minutes ago, KasumiGoto said:

hello .... i have a question regarding the end date for the challenge. As there are a lot of crashes, often we can't build, like right now 1.40pm CET, impossible to connect to the server and many builders who connect during crash problems will waste a lot of time ... .

When you are in the editor, you can build. You save "local hard drive"... just don't click the pop up "connection lost".

22 hours ago, KasumiGoto said:

Due to the crashing issues we most likely will extend it by a couple of weeks just waiting to see when this new testing will begin.

Edited by Ashbash

1 hour ago, nerd4711 said:

Maybe then a little "improvement" is nessessary  ;)    "Winners will be announced on 12th July 2020"

Thanks for spotting that! I've fixed it. :D

1 hour ago, Alliehotass said:

With tha way tha game is going we might need to make eet July 2021.

Haha tell me about it. 😅

On 6/24/2020 at 1:43 PM, Ashbash said:

Hey all. Due to the recent server instability issues, we've extended the competition to the 24th July 2020. Update time is in the original post countdown link.

That might help... I actually took this whole week off from work to focus on my city design... but since problems with game started, the game won't let me test poses in my builds

2020-06-14 00-51-48_62514.jpg

Edited by AlexaDarkness