3DXChat Community

3DXChat City Build Competition

Ashbash

25 minutes ago, jadekhali said:

No sorry.........They are far and above the competetion .....or they wouldn't be PROFESSIONALS contracted by Gizmo!

Just one look at Redji's works is self-explanatory. No amatuer can compete against him.....it wouldn't be fair.

Any contest, is kind of aimed at people who are talented and attained skills for the scope of the contest... excluding such people just so people who lack both can win is what's unfair!
But I can see that logic will not work here.

2 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Any contest, is kind of aimed at people who are talented and attained skills for the scope of the contest... excluding such people just so people who lack both can win is what's unfair!
But I can see that logic will not work here.

You may as well just hand them first prize then......but hats off to R+M for having enough class not to enter.

31 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Truth is nasty sometimes. You didn`t create anything by yourself. Will you participate in this contest?

Keep spreading ur lies.....and its none of ur business if I participate or not......and unlike you R+M have enough integrity not to......but then intergrity is something you wouldn't know about......

I wont enter the competition neither, for various reasons.

The first one is that the theme is not something inspiring me. Some people are good at nature scene, some are excellent at creating animals and so on, a cityscape simply dont inspire me.

The second thing is that I dont like to work under pressure, meaning a deadline. More than a month to build a room look to be plenty of time, but the way I work, i can spend 3 hours on a simple wall, doing an redoing it until I like it. Ideas to built come with time, you dont get them all at once.

Last but not least, I am not good at doing light sized rooms, I will feel the need to put details, and the thought of a whole city street with buildings filled with details, I feel like I would explode the MB counter for file size.

I have a lot of respect for Redji and Manyasha, but they didnt contribute to 3dx with locations, but with clothes and poses. Not exactly the same thing. The only difference between them and many of us is that they know how to use some other software for 3D than the editor. All users of 3dx have the same editor to work with, same props, same texture. To build, according to me, you need 3 things, some technique with editors, imagination and patience. Usually people lack from the last one the most.

From what people say in game, many comes from an IT background, programming, designing, and so on, maybe some of them have this as their rl job. If so, they are also profesionnal no?

To me, if you decide to exclude Redji and Manyasha, you should also forbid the use of shared object. It is all in or all out. Considering some people too good to participate, but on the other side, letting people who dont have time or dont know how to do some things and let them use the ones from others, would have no meaning then.

The dev decided to do a fair competition: everyone can participate, everyone can choose to do his own build or use some shared objects. Each contestant is free to decide.

This competition is not about who is the best builder, building is a kind of "art", like singing, painting, writing, and therefore there is always a personal appreciation involved in what you prefer according to your own sensibility. It is not like sport when you win a race, judged only on one criteria, the time for example.

Best example is i think is to compare this as at Movie Festival: they will be a winner, but the winner is not the best. The same movie can win one festival and not another. Why? Cos it depends on judges sensibilities. 

Bottom line, this contest is open to everyone, if someone dont like the rules, dont change the rules, simply dont participate.

Edited by Torax

2 minutes ago, Torax said:

I wont enter the competition neither, for various reasons.

The first one is that the theme is not something inspiring me. Some people are good at nature scene, some are excellent at creating animals and so on, a cityscape simply dont inspire me.

The second thing is that I dont like to work under pressure, meaning a deadline. More than a month to build a room look to be plenty of time, but the way I work, i can spend 3 hours on a simply wall, doing an redoing it until I like it. Ideas to built come with time, you dont get them all at once.

Last but not least, I am not good at doing light sized rooms, I will feel the need to put details, and the thought of a whole city street with buildings filled with details, I feel like I would explode the MB counter for file size.

I have a lot of respect for Redji and Manyasha, but they didnt contribute to 3dx with locations, but with clothes and poses. Not exactly the same thing. The only difference between and many of us is that they know how to use some other software for 3D than the editor. All users of 3dx have the same editor to work with, same props, same texture. To build, according to me, you need 3 things, some technique with editors, imagination and patience. Usually people lack from the last one the most.

From what people say in game, may comes from an IT background, programming, designing, and so on, maybe some of them have this as their rl job. If so, they are also profesionnal no?

To me, if you decide to exclude Redji and Manyasha, you should also forbid the use of shared object. It is all in or all out. Considering some people too good participate, but on the other side, letting people who dont have time or dont know how to do some things and let them use the one from others, would have no meaning then.

The dev decided to do a fair competition: everyone can participate, everyone can choose to do his own build or use some shared objects. Each contestant is free to decide.

This competition is not about who is the best builder, building is a kind of "art", like singing, painting, writing, and therefore there is always a personal appreciation involved in what you prefer according to your own sensibility. It is not like sport when you win a race, judged only on one criteria, the time for example.

Best example is i think is to compare this as at Movie Festival: they will be a winner, but the winner is not the best. The same movie can win one festival and not another. Why? Cos it depends on judges sensibilities. 

Bottom line, this contest is open to everyone, if someone dont like the rules, dont change the rules, simply dont participate.

If the competetion is not about who is the best builder then why are there prizes?

Just now, jadekhali said:

If the competetion is not about who is the best builder then why are there prizes?

In what prizes change anything? They could do the same without prices, it wouldnt change anything. Let's say they do a contest per month, and over a year there is like 8-9 different winners. who is the best? 

14 minutes ago, jadekhali said:

Keep spreading ur lies.....and its none of ur business if I participate or not......and unlike you R+M have enough integrity not to......but then intergrity is something you wouldn't know about......

Am I spreading lies? Don`t judge by yourself. Show any of your work.

3 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Am I spreading lies? Don`t judge by yourself. Show any of your work.

When I start taking orders from you is when "California sinks into the sea"(with apologies to Steely Dan)

Edited by jadekhali

Its a simple event like all kinds of events that ppl gather and have fun etc whatever ''best'' is just a gimmic for the love of god 

its a fun event simple if u wanna particiapate for the fun its cool ..dont get so serious about a event just particiapate if u want and try have fun 

thats all ..

3dxchat didnt have events ..so here a event lol why fight who is best who is pro just build something send it and all is cool end of story lol 

1 minute ago, Aliviax said:

Its a simple event like all kinds of events that ppl gather and have fun etc whatever ''best'' is just a gimmic for the love of god 

its a fun event simple if u wanna particiapate for the fun its cool ..dont get so serious about a event just particiapate if u want and try have fun 

thats all ..

3dxchat didnt have events ..so here a event lol why fight who is best who is pro just build something send it and all is cool end of story lol 

well said... 
never thought the day would come that I'd tell you that 😂

Something else ...

So what if you are the best ? what do u get from a sex game ? Nothing 

So what if ur the worst ? what do u get from a sex game ? Nothing 

So what If you try enjoy ..what do you get ? You might have fun :) 

Being best good pro or worst doesnt matter in a Game cause games meant to have fun 

I remeber when i played tera with some 3dxchat friends and was that easter egg event its was so cool group with friends etc hunt do something more special ,it gives another taste ..events are cool for games 

Hopefully in furure we will have similar events with clothes or tattoos or even poses or even other new cool stuff 😉

2 hours ago, jadekhali said:

People and skill should be of EQUAL level for a FAIR contest.

Hmm, I don’t disagree that a contest should be fair, meaning every participant is provided no additional advantage by the organizers and their work judged objectively and “FAIRLY” by peeps as impartial as possible.

But I disagree with your premise that the participants have to be “equal” in skill for the contest to be Fair. That would be discrimination, preventing someone from entering. Not “fair” imo

As for the prizes… they are the dessert, not the reason for participating. Artists create… not for money but for the love n passion of their art.  Here I agree with @Anaganda…. as a spectator I WANT to see the Best of the Best. If I were an Artist…. I would want to compete against the BEST as well.

And if all the talented builders within 3dx participated…. Well, with only 5 prizes most of the BEST builders will go “prize less”.  

Lastly, @Jadekhali, Yes, ofc you are entitled to your opine, just as we all are. But if we are to expect our opinions to be respected… we must respect others, even when we don’t agree. They are just opinions.

Edited by Kaitlyn1989
Spelling... and my OCD