3DXChat Community

3DXChat City Build Competition

Ashbash

Ah just have a question about tha competition.

Tha decision to allow Contestants to include props, objects etc that other people have made in their entry.

Im just curious how an entry that contains a majority of other builders work can be valid to an entry where someone  builds 100% of tha room.

There is so much shared these days that you could literally make an entire build from others creations and wilps just arrange them.

Obviousleh tha Judges make tha rules but this one seems a little strange to me.

Personally ah cant see how you can judge ones creativity and skills if they are in fact from another.

Other than that point ah think this is a great idea and tha game is filled with awesome Builders who will surely make eet a totes success.😇

6 minutes ago, Redji said:

ohhh what a topic ) that's very nice to see some competition for 3dx Builders ) And a few words for the worried) Keep Calm And Build On ). Me and Manyasha will not participate in this contest.)  

I don't blame you honestly... good luck to all participants indeed.

2 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

Tha decision to allow Contestants to include props, objects etc that other people have made in their entry.

Im just curious how an entry that contains a majority of other builders work can be valid to an entry where someone  builds 100% of tha room.

There is so much shared these days that you could literally make an entire build from others creations and wilps just arrange them.

Personally ah cant see how you can judge ones creativity and skills if they are in fact from another.

Other than that point ah think this is a great idea and tha game is filled with awesome Builders who will surely make eet a totes success.😇

just a have fun build competition no need for ppl get too much serious ,i guess its more for the participate thing and make a event  so ppl have fun 

simple stuff :) 

4 hours ago, Pandorra said:

I must admit, I have never seen any of yours (knowingly). However, I am almost certain you underestimate your own skills. And even if not? What could you loose? At least you would get the chance to get an evaluation from others. From my experiance this is not the worst thing to get, if you wish to improve.

In addition, I'd like to point to the Olympic spirit in this regard: the most important thing is taking part.

So perhaps you overthink your decision and make it a bit harder for Anaganda to win this contest? 😉

I'm just me, it's how I am.  Since my neck surgery, it was suggested that since I baked for others over the years to do that more to relax and even though people have tried to pay me for it, I never took their money because I didn't think it as good enough.  As you seen from comments to me about my builds, I myself, just don't think I am.

6 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

A complete construction made by a single person is noticed in the whole room because there is a homogeneous whole.

A downloaded object gives a less harmonious and coherent result in the whole room. there are also the different construction methods which are specific to each one so with objects downloaded from different constructor authors, this will be seen because the methods, assemblies will be different and the styles too ..

A room built by a single constructor is unique and this is noticeable

7 hours ago, Aliviax said:

just a have fun build competition no need for ppl get too much serious ,i guess its more for the participate thing and make a event  so ppl have fun 

simple stuff :) 

Yeah ah know eets fun but eets a competition, and rooms are being judged fo Prizes.....so with this in mind there is criteria to be able to judge one entry from another and mah question is how can this be done if in fact the criteria listed is wot is used to determine winners. 

If an entry includes work by other people how can this be judged in tha same way as an entry that does not? Eets a simple query....unless ofc eet totally doesn't matter and tha Winner is selected fo other reasons. I just find eet weird is all, maybs im tha onleh one, but still id appreciate an answer before ah decide if ah wanna participate :)

6 minutes ago, Alliehotass said:

Yeah ah know eets fun but eets a competition, and rooms are being judged fo Prizes.....so with this in mind there is criteria to be able to judge one entry from another and mah question is how can this be done if in fact the criteria listed is wot is used to determine winners. 

If an entry includes work by other people how can this be judged in tha same way as an entry that does not? Eets a simple query....unless ofc eet totally doesn't matter and tha Winner is selected fo other reasons. I just find eet weird is all, maybs im tha onleh one, but still id appreciate an answer before ah decide if ah wanna participate :)

Your typing is super impressive!!!

I would also like a clarification.

@Alliehotass and @BadWord I'd be happy to answer your queries.

So as stated, you are judged on the following criteria with additional clarification on what each one means which I'll add to the OG post:

- Creativity - How creative you are with the limited tools provided for the World Editor.
- Presentation - How you present the creation. Whether it be clean, smooth, rugged etc. How the presentation reflects and relates to the aesthetic/theme you have chosen.
- Quality - That the creation is built with quality, rather than quantity in mind i.e. A ton of items all over the place making it messy and chaotic will not be judged as well as if you had specific design ideas and plans and implement them into your creation to bring all the scene together to make it look like it's meant to be there, rather than placing lots of items just to fill the empty space and it's a mess artistically.
- Atmosphere - How it makes one feel when they enter/view the build, what type of atmosphere you go for such as dark, gloomy, bright, serious, dangerous etc.
- Effects - The use of effects to bring the scene together, an example: You build an alleyway next to a building, it looks like it's a homeless stay, you have barrels with fire coming out to keep the homeless warm for example. Another example: You make houses with chimneys and the chimneys have smoke/steam coming out of them to make it seem a fire is on in the building etc.
- Build Methods - The types of methods used to build the scene i.e. Layering, grid based design, intersections, painting, scaling, rotation etc. Basically using the different tools in the scene that the world editor offers. (Doesn't have to be all of those, but are just examples).

Those are what we will be judging you on. The criteria I wrote in the original post is what makes you eligible to be a contestant to the contest. But it isn't what you'll be judged on, meaning if you do not follow the criteria such as making sure it's your own build work and not someone elses you have stolen .world file and claiming as your own your entry won't be counted with proof that it is indeed fraudulent.

To clarify the use of other users creations in regards to objects:

Some methods you feel you may need or objects you may need may not be at hand when you need it and you need something quickly if the time is running out. Sort of like an "Asset Store" type of thing for a quick download of an object perfect for the scene, just without the store element. But I know there is a section on the forum here, where users have uploaded their creations for others to use and there are websites out there that are ran by 3DXChat community members where users also can upload their designs .world file objects for others to use at their own discretion, which is the types of objects I mean are allowed. As with all use of designs, so long as the permission of the creator is happy for it to be used/uploaded it should be OK. But if you use an excessive use of others objects, we can tell if that is the case as it will be varying in different artstyles and may be marked down in the "Quality" and "Presentation" segments I mention above which could reduce the chances of winning.

So if possible try not to use too many objects of others and keep it in the originality of your own work as we're judging you on your own building abilities and we're super excited to see what you all can come up with and win some nice prizes at the end of it.

I hope this clarifies some things, if there is any further questions, please send me a PM on here and I'll be happy to answer. I know some have already asked me questions about it so don't be afraid to do the same. :) As mentioned, this competition is a little fun thing for all to take part in and win some nice prizes at the end of it and do not worry if this competition goes well, more competitions for different things will come in the future. So if you do not win this competition, do not worry, you could win the next. :) 

Edited by Ashbash

The theme Urban, City and Nature is a very complex one even for advanced builders, I don't want to talk about beginners anymore. It requires an understanding of the scale of work, an understanding of architecture itself in a global sense. This work is not for the weak. And in order to make it easier, the author allows the use of other people's objects that are freely available, because it will not be assessed specifically the object construction, namely the arrangement of elements and the transfer of general mood. Believe me, you can’t easily build a location with using other people's objects, for this, you need reason and artistic vision, so do not be hysterical in an empty place, everything is quite reasonable and understandable.

I often see builds where everything that can be downloaded is pushed and it looks like a garbage heap, and if a person can combine other people's objects into one and all this will be combined with each other it will be very cool, because to generalize different objects in one direction is a big and long work, and it is very controversial sometimes it is easier to build everything itself than to take other people's elements. So I don't think we should focus on that.

5 minutes ago, Manyasha said:

The theme Urban, City and Nature is a very complex one even for advanced builders, I don't want to talk about beginners anymore. It requires an understanding of the scale of work, an understanding of architecture itself in a global sense. This work is not for the weak. And in order to make it easier, the author allows the use of other people's objects that are freely available, because it will not be assessed specifically the object construction, namely the arrangement of elements and the transfer of general mood. Believe me, you can’t easily build a location with using other people's objects, for this, you need reason and artistic vision, so do not be hysterical in an empty place, everything is quite reasonable and understandable.

I often see builds where everything that can be downloaded is pushed and it looks like a garbage heap, and if a person can combine other people's objects into one and all this will be combined with each other it will be very cool, because to generalize different objects in one direction is a big and long work, and it is very controversial sometimes it is easier to build everything itself than to take other people's elements. So I don't think we should focus on that.

Agreed! It is why using others objects that are freely available is OK. To help with the construction of something that may be a little complex, but it gives the user a better grasp of the scene and the design they are wanting to go for. I understand it from a Level Design perspective as I do a lot of it in the Unreal Engine, so sometimes you need an object from the many outlets online others have made to bring the scene together, but you may not have the time or ability to do it yourself in the timeframe you need.

But yes, going overboard and downloading everyones objects and throwing it all in a scene is chaotic and not very good to look at from an aesthetic point of view. This is the opportunity for the builders to experiment, try new things, go out of their comfort zone and try something they thought was not possible, to really get their creative vision going and bring out their creativity. :)

Edited by Ashbash

Ok ty fo tha clarification :)

Will Objects that have been D/led and used in tha build be required to be listed and obviously pay respect to tha original designer?

Other than that ah understand that tha Judges know wot they are doing and wot they are looking fo from wot they have outlined.....they are also some of tha top Builders/Creators here so they know wot to look fo. This ah beweeevs ah do ah do 😋

Again ty fo tha explanation and success fo tha comp :)

44 minutes ago, Alliehotass said:

Ok ty fo tha clarification :)

Will Objects that have been D/led and used in tha build be required to be listed and obviously pay respect to tha original designer?

Other than that ah understand that tha Judges know wot they are doing and wot they are looking fo from wot they have outlined.....they are also some of tha top Builders/Creators here so they know wot to look fo. This ah beweeevs ah do ah do 😋

Again ty fo tha explanation and success fo tha comp :)

Yes, crediting the object creators at the end of your entry would be fantastic! :)

Do it in this format:

ObjectName Used - Creator CreatorsName
Also hyperlink the objects name to the link where you got the item from. (Don't worry even if it's the Modz site, and other 3rd party websites it's fine.) to help others discover the fantastic objects creators have made.

I've made an edit to the original post with the above information.

Edited by Ashbash

12 hours ago, DustyWibbles said:

You never do yourself justice.

I’ve been privileged to see your work in progress and of course the finished result.

One thing I always think with your builds is when I’m looking around, it feels like I’m actually going to buy an RL property from an estate agent/realtor. They are so immersive Mar, I almost forget I’m in a game.

You’re quite the talent. It’s one thing to build a house, quite another to build a home.  

I'll never give up my Christmas Tree, it's massive in height and you climb all the way to the top.  The view was amazing with the old world and still is in this one.  That took me around a month to get the way it was and I still think it could have been better.  Thank you for the compliment, it's much appreciated.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, Redji said:

ohhh what a topic ) that's very nice to see some competition for 3dx Builders ) And a few words for the worried) Keep Calm And Build On ). Me and Manyasha will not participate in this contest.)  

Thank you both for making it a fair competetion!

The first event is always the hardest in anything. Some will complain just to complain because they don't want to take a competitive  chance due fear of failure.  Others, will take the leap simply to be involved and for the fun of it.

I wont be in this one, but I do hope this continues several times a year. general themes like Spring, Summer, Winter, Halloween and Christmas can be great general themes. SciFi, Fantasy, Movies, holidays..... the ideas can be endless.

I dunno who suggested that the winner (if they choose) have their room as a 3DX official room for awhile was. but that is an EXCELLENT idea. What a way for SGD to have new material and the builder community be motivated for the next competition.

Personally, I think a  4-5 times a year a competition minimum to be the featured 3DX property would be a powerful motivator. Even more than winning a prize. Can't be too often, but can't be too long a period between either.

Edited by THX

6 hours ago, jadekhali said:

Thank you both for making it a fair competetion!

It would have still been fair with them in it... But I get it... some people will always think that it's unfair to compete against someone with talent

4 hours ago, Manyasha said:

And why aren't you afraid of builders like Anaganda and Torax, they'll be involved, I'm very curious what they'll come up with and I'll expect a miracle from them, because they're sharks from the 3DXChat construction world.❤️❤️❤️

❤️ Thanks for your words Manyasha... But to be honest you not participating has already discouraged me from taking part as well...

Also this type of behavior has brought flash backs to me about the awesome photo-contest that was hosted by @Tauri years ago...  Where bitter people always complained about losing, and sighting whatever reasons about why the winner should not have won... Always killed the fun and took away the sense of winning out of it.

right now the only thing that might encourage me to take part is if the winning room was going to get featured.

Edited by Anaganda

2 hours ago, Anaganda said:

It would have still been fair with them in it... But I get it... some people will always think that it's unfair to compete against someone with talent

❤️ Thanks for your words Manyasha... But to be honest you not participating has already discouraged me from taking part as well...

Also this type of behavior has brought flash backs to me about the awesome photo-contest that was hosted by @Tauri years ago...  Where bitter people always complained about losing, and sighting whatever reasons about why the winner should not have won... Always killed the fun and took away the sense of winning out of it.

right now the only thing that might encourage me to take part is if the winning room was going to get featured.

No sorry.........They are far and above the competetion .....or they wouldn't be PROFESSIONALS contracted by Gizmo!

Just one look at Redji's works is self-explanatory. No amatuer can compete against him.....it wouldn't be fair.

It is bad that R&M are out of the contest. The more skilled your opponent is, the more experience you can get. Don`t listen whining, take a part. This is for art and experience, not for money.

PS: Excuse me for my temperament. Maybe R&M is not participating for another reason. I don't know, I just wrote my thoughts about it quickly. I just wanted to see more works, and from people who are known for their skills, too. It is interesting. I myself won`t participate, my builds are silly as well as my PC today. It would be great to get such experience and to enjoy their builds/arts.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

14 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

It is bad that R&M are out of the contest. The more skilled your opponent is, the more experience you can get. Don`t listen whining, take a part. This is for art and experience, not for money.

Excuse me......looks like money to me  :)

Screenshot_2.png