3DXChat Community

3DXChat City Build Competition

Ashbash

Calling all 3DXChat Builders! It's time for a competition to win some 3DXChat prizes. (Prizes Provided by SGD)

With all that is going on in the world at the moment, I thought it would be a great idea to find a way to get minds off of it a little bit and get those creative mind juices flowing and to host a competition in 3DXChat, for all you talented builders! I've been hopping around and the builds I've seen since the World Editor was released have been absolutely insane! And you guys always find ways to push it to the next level, it's fantastic and inspiring, now it's time to challenge you all and to see what you builders can really do! So I contacted SGD and ran this competition idea by them and they agreed, and are happy to provide the prizes named below. So here we go, the important information is below.

Good luck to all who take part! And make sure to follow the guidelines!

Theme:
- Urban, City and Nature

To build a city with urban and nature elements, make it appear as natural as possible. It doesn't need to be a big build, but can be a street, a square, a city block etc. But it must be quality over quantity. You are not limited to modern designs and can build from any era. YOU are the artist and the creator. It is YOUR creation.

Guidelines to follow to be eligible to win:
- Has to include city elements e.g. Shopping mall, Police Station, Streets, traffic lights, road signs, pavements, high rises etc.
- Has to include Nature elements e.g. Vegetation, Water etc.
- Copy and pasting of objects are allowed, but has to look natural and cannot look too duplicated i.e. Rotate objects, positionings, colour changes, scaling etc.
- Must include screenshots with closeups of the main parts of the build with a little explanation of each screenshot and what it is.
- Has to be your own original build work, but it can use individual objects others have made that bring the scene together. i.e
. .world files for objects that users have uploaded for others to use etc. With their permission.

Prizes:
1st: 12 Month 3DXChat Membership Giftcard
2nd: 6 Month 3DXChat Membership Giftcard
3rd: 1 Month 3DXChat Membership Giftcard
4th/5th: 10,000 xGold

Judges:

Gizmo | Lisa | Ashbash

Elements your submission will be judged on:

Creativity - How creative you are with the limited tools provided for the World Editor.

Presentation - How you present the creation. Whether it be clean, smooth, rugged etc. How the presentation reflects, relates and fits in to the aesthetic/theme you have chosen.

Quality - That the creation is built with quality, rather than quanity in mind i.e. A ton of items all over the place making it messy and chaotic will not be judged as well as if you had specific design ideas and plans and implement them into your creation to bring all the scene together to make it look like it's meant to be there, rather than placing lots of items just to fill the empty space and it's a mess artistically.

Atmosphere - How it makes one feel when they enter/view the build, what type of atmosphere you go for such as dark, gloomy, bright, serious, dangerous, erotic etc.

Effects - The use of effects to bring the scene together, an example: You build an alleyway next to a building, it looks like it's a homeless stay, you have barrels with fire coming out to keep the homeless warm for example. Another example: You make houses with chimneys and the chimneys have smoke/steam coming out of them to make it seem a fire is on in the building etc.

Build Methods - The types of methods used to build the scene i.e. Layering, grid based design, intersections, painting, scaling, rotation etc. Basically using the different tools in the scene that the world editor offers. (Doesn't have to be all of those, but are just examples).

Credit: 
Please credit the creators of objects you may use in your creation in the following format at the end of your post:

ObjectName Used - Creator CreatorsName
Also hyperlink the objects name to the link where you got the item from. (Don't worry even if it's the Modz site, and other 3rd party websites it's fine.) to help others discover the fantastic objects creators have made.

Bonus Points:

- Creative use of the animation triggers.

Submission Deadline:
- 24th July 2020 @ 11:59pm UTC (Any submissions made after this time will not be entered.)

Countdown

Winners will be announced on 31st July 2020

Submissions - Must be made in my other topic here: 

Edited by Ashbash

23 hours ago, Ashbash said:

Has to include city elements e.g. Shopping mall, Police Station, Streets, traffic lights, road signs, pavements, high rises etc

do you mean high rise buildings or something else? 
cause let's say I chose to build something in a western cowboy era scene... they kinda didn't have high rise buildings then

but great and awesome idea... also where do we send our submissions... here in this thread or  via PM to someone or there will be like a sub forum created for competition submissions?

edit: also would be cool if the winning map became a featured permanent room along the devs created ones, till the next competition 😘

Edited by Anaganda

53 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

do you mean high rise buildings or something else? 
cause let's say I chose to build something in a western cowboy era scene... they kinda didn't have high rise buildings then

but great and awesome idea... also where do we send our submissions... here in this thread or  via PM to someone or there will be like a sub forum created for competition submissions?

edit: also would be cool if the winning map became a featured permanent room along the devs created ones, till the next competition 😘

You do not need to do high rise, they were just some examples of buildings. :) So are not needed if you did a cowboy era build. Just make sure the build can be identified as a type of city build with the elements you go with and the era/theme you go with. :D Please post the submission here such as pictures, gallery, video etc. In this thread and I will be saving all direct links to each thread post when discussing with the other judges. And a new topic will be made announcing the winners with the pictures posted in the winning thread for those who don't want to search through different posts in one thread to find the winning results. Also it would be cool if it was featured, maybe I can pursuade them somehow. 👀

36 minutes ago, Pandorra said:

What will happen to the submitted world files? Will they become public? Available for download? Or will the judges delete them after making their decisions? I would perhaps participate, but only if I am able to decide what will happen with the world file afterwards.

We do not require your World files, we just ask for you to submit pictures/galleries/video (Whichever is best for you) of your build highlighting the key features that tick off the guidelines referenced in the original post with explanation of said key features. But the judges may ask for the .world file at their own discretion to prove authenticity of certain builds. If they seem non-authentic, but will be completely deleted afterwards.

Edited by Ashbash

6 minutes ago, Ashbash said:

Also it would be cool if it was featured, maybe I can pursuade them somehow. 👀

that would be great... please let us know as soon as possible the results of that 😘 ... tbh this would be the most compelling reason for me personally to join

Edited by Anaganda

7 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

that would be great... please let us know as soon as possible the results of that 😘 ... tbh this would be the most compelling reason for me personally to join

True it would be pretty ace, but of course it will depend up on if the winner also gives permission for it to be used in the game. As I mentioned in the original post, it is the creators own creation and their own IP in that respect. :) So it will be upheld if they so wish for it not to be featured. But I do agree, it would be a pretty nice incentive! And could bring a new trend to bring more community collaborations and interactions. Will see if I can pursuade them. :D Thanks for the great idea!

Edited by Ashbash

5 hours ago, Ashbash said:

True it would be pretty ace, but of course it will depend up on if the winner also gives permission for it to be used in the game. As I mentioned in the original post, it is the creators own creation and their own IP in that respect. :) So it will be upheld if they so wish for it not to be featured. But I do agree, it would be a pretty nice incentive! And could bring a new trend to bring more community collaborations and interactions. Will see if I can pursuade them. :D Thanks for the great idea!

There are some amazing builds already that have been put out there.  I'm not sure when you've been in game last but people update all the time with things SGD offer to the subscribers to keep it interesting.  The whole issue with the rooms and such are and always will be an ongoing issue when they're posted for people to use.

I wonder : since the contest require screenshot and not actual .world file, is there any map size limit ?

It's possible to create A LOT of details and end up with a map around 10~20Mb, but in reality the map would be impossible to use for most people.

1 hour ago, GottaGo said:

I wonder : since the contest require screenshot and not actual .world file, is there any map size limit ?

It's possible to create A LOT of details and end up with a map around 10~20Mb, but in reality the map would be impossible to use for most people.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ashbash said:

To build a city with urban and nature elements, make it appear as natural as possible. It doesn't need to be a big build, but can be a street, a square, a city block etc. But it must be quality over quantity.

12 hours ago, jadekhali said:

Are SGD employees or contractors allowed to participate or is this strictly for amatuers?

I do not see why not, everyone can participate except the judges themselves. 

4 hours ago, Rob. said:

Has to be a city thing? Damn it. GreySkull so close to being ready.. oh well...

Yep, sorry Rob! :D

1 hour ago, GottaGo said:

There is no limit to the map size, but as EX above quoted my original post, we're looking for quality, rather than quantity. As there is only around 44 days left until the deadline, I am not too sure how fast users are able to build, which was why I set up a month and a half deadline. To give everyone of different build speeds, time to build their creations. So do not feel rushed, take your time, and let those creative juices flow. (Giggity)