3DXChat Community

CPU or whatever issue.

BadWord

My computer is working noticably (is that a word?) harder since patch 414. It´s hotter! there is something wrong with the game. I close everything else and it´s still a issue. Something in the game is putting more strain on my computer now than before the DDoS and following patch. Maybe others don´t notice this with gaming rigs, but me, with a laptop on my belly can tell very clearly that something have changed. 

@Lisa @Gizmo

I am not experiencing such issues just yet. I can't tell if the fans work harder or not, but I have a badass cooling solution.

Meantime until we figure this one out, make sure in the game on the graphics settings the FPS limit is set to 60 and Vsync is enabled.

3 minutes ago, Cruna said:

I am not experiencing such issues just yet. I can't tell if the fans work harder or not, but I have a badass cooling solution.

Meantime until we figure this one out, make sure in the game on the graphics settings the FPS limit is set to 60 and Vsync is enabled.

What does Vsynch mean? I don´t know this stuff 😔

6 minutes ago, BadWord said:

What does Vsynch mean? I don´t know this stuff 😔

Vsync (Virtual synchronization) is synchronizing the framerate to your monitor's framerate using top values like matching your monitor's framerate, or locking it at half framerate when that drops. Usually is used to prevent screen tearing but also prevents the game running on much higher framerate than your monitor can display anyway.

The FPS limit is similar, only that simply locks it at a set value.

Check both. you don't need higher framerates anyway. Plus monitors display only as many frames per second as they can. the rest is just pointless work on your system.

Edited by Cruna

59 minutes ago, Cruna said:

Vsync (Virtual synchronization) is synchronizing the framerate to your monitor's framerate using top values like matching your monitor's framerate, or locking it at half framerate when that drops. Usually is used to prevent screen tearing but also prevents the game running on much higher framerate than your monitor can display anyway.

The FPS limit is similar, only that simply locks it at a set value.

Check both. you don't need higher framerates anyway. Plus monitors display only as many frames per second as they can. the rest is just pointless work on your system.

It's actually "vertical" synchronization, you're pretty much correct concerning the purpose of it though.

But it's generally better to disable vsync when you have performance issues already, since it adds an additional strain on your hardware. 

Edited by JuIsMu

1 hour ago, JuIsMu said:

It's actually "vertical" synchronization, you're pretty much correct concerning the purpose of it though.

But it's generally better to disable vsync when you have performance issues already, since it adds an additional strain on your hardware. 

Yes it's vertical sync. you gotta forgive me sometimes I just misspell a few things.

Basically monitors  refresh in vertical sections, if the framerate doesn't match, there are sync issues causing screen tearing.

Now vsync doesn't really strain your hardware. Or rather the performance impact is really minor. It is known to cause slight input lag in some games, which is why this option can be disabled, generally fast reaction competitive gamers want as low input lag as possible. It isn't the case for a game like this.

Generally reduces the strain in many cases, especially if we are talking about overheating issues like in this topic. just like a frame limiter does in cases where the game would push more frames than needed for your monitor to display.

And about the frame limiter set to 60 here, also a good thing. nobody really needs higher frame count in a game like this where fast movement is not realy a thing and 60frames per second are more than enough here even if your monitor is 144hz or anything. You won't see a difference

Edited by Cruna

27 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

About laptops...they heat up like mad with 3DX if they're not some expensive badass gaming laptops.

Buying a cooling pad helps a lot. Better to have cooling pad than BSOD cause of overheating.

Yes, but the topic is that something have changed since the DDoS. I know I can cool my comp and whatever. But I´m saying something in the game changed.

I agree. Before this attack, my game was running 100% smooth. Now I from time to time I see that "tearing screen" effect. And yes, overall PC  temeperatures are at least 5 degrees up. That means laptops would heat up even more cause of lack of proper cooling.

The suggestion I can give is to buy a cooling pad (it's cheap). It will surely cool down your hardware for about 10 degrees. Most expensive ones even more.

5 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

I agree. Before this attack, my game was running 100% smooth. Now I from time to time I see that "tearing screen" effect. And yes, overall PC  temeperatures are at least 5 degrees up. That means laptops would heat up even more cause of lack of proper cooling.

The suggestion I can give is to buy a cooling pad (it's cheap). It will surely cool down your hardware for about 10 degrees. Most expensive ones even more.

Or maybe the devs see this and can look into what is causing a problem. I mean, it´s not the new poses... it´s something in the code.

Edited by BadWord

2 hours ago, Lux lnterior said:

Ylso, let's not forget GPU's are usually working between 70-85 degrees celsius, and in some games even more. GPU is supposed to heat up more than CPU. So don't be alarmed if it runs at 75 degrees. ;)

that is correct. GPU-s usually can go as high as 90c and still not throttle yet to reduce heat. 

Radeon GPU-s generally work on higher temps

Geforce lower but can go as high as 90c before throttling (reducing speed) on Pascal or MAxwel architectures for example.

The CPU on the other hand should be below 70, depending on the type, before starts throttling and slows down to reduce heat.

In case of laptops cooling is almost NEVER adequate. That's the price you pay for having a compact machine.

So probably it's better to satisfy your gaming habits on desktop computers, if it's about demanding titles while using a laptop for anything else.

Edited by Cruna

Well, tbh, todays PCs with all that overclocking going on, usually run between 70-80 during gaming. But desktop computers, cause of proper cooling and steady rise of temperatures, have almost 0 chance to melt.

Laptops are always on a risk of big temperature spikes so I'd advise external cooling to everyone who plays 3DX. It's a cheap investment. I'd never play 3Dx on laptop without cooling pad.

6 hours ago, Cruna said:

that is correct. GPU-s usually can go as high as 90c and still not throttle yet to reduce heat. 

Radeon GPU-s generally work on higher temps

Geforce lower but can go as high as 90c before throttling (reducing speed) on Pascal or MAxwel architectures for example.

The CPU on the other hand should be below 70, depending on the type, before starts throttling and slows down to reduce heat.

In case of laptops cooling is almost NEVER adequate. That's the price you pay for having a compact machine.

So probably it's better to satisfy your gaming habits on desktop computers, if it's about demanding titles while using a laptop for anything else.

My point is still that something in the game changed. And they did not give us cooler graphics, effects or physics. So my guess is that something is "wrong".

13 hours ago, BadWord said:

My computer is working noticably (is that a word?) harder since patch 414. It´s hotter! there is something wrong with the game. I close everything else and it´s still a issue. Something in the game is putting more strain on my computer now than before the DDoS and following patch. Maybe others don´t notice this with gaming rigs, but me, with a laptop on my belly can tell very clearly that something have changed. 

@Lisa @Gizmo

maybe u were in a heavy room ? cause i just checked my temps in engin room that this room has many glitches and cpu seems cool ...im on extreme high settings 

Screenshot_16.png

Edited by Aliviax

16 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

maybe u were in a heavy room ? cause i just checked my temps in engin room that this room has many glitches and cpu seems cool ...im on extreme high settings 

No, it´s all the time. The game just seem to put more strain on my computer. No matter if I´m in the wardrobe, room editor, sinclub or some awesome build. It´s just a very obvious increase of heat. I have changed no settings, I´m using the same computer as before DDoS/ patch 414. It´s not something that has changed on my end.

I never measured any temperatures or whatever other computer stuff before the DDoS/patch, so even if I do now, I got nothing to compare it with. I´m just saying that something in the game seem to have changed.

Edited by BadWord

1 minute ago, BadWord said:

No, it´s all the time. The game just seem to put more strain on my computer. No matter if I´m in the wardrobe, room editor, sinclub or some awesome build. It´s just a very obvious increase of heat. I have changed no settings, I´m using the same computer as before DDoS/ patch 414. It´s not something that has changed on my end.

well i havent noticed anything well its summer now so expect some rise in the temps :) 

something else ...ur feeling that ur laptop desktop whatever u have can also mean that nothing has change in the gama and might be ur rig that due to age dont have the same performance ...could be the patch no clue i havent notice anything ...also windows updates screw stuff many times 

23 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

well i havent noticed anything well its summer now so expect some rise in the temps :) 

something else ...ur feeling that ur laptop desktop whatever u have can also mean that nothing has change in the gama and might be ur rig that due to age dont have the same performance ...could be the patch no clue i havent notice anything ...also windows updates screw stuff many times 

Yes, sure, all these things could be true. But my computer is fairly new and nothing has been updated or changed on my end. It did not turn into a old computer over the weekend. I am pointing this out here, because many who play, and most likely the developers, use "better" gear than me, and maybe the change will not be noticable for others. But it is for me.

I will stop answering here now. Thank you all for advice like buying new comp or cooling.