3DXChat Community

More love for Betty and Bob, please

Fyrefly

Hey all,

I've been around for a pretty long time and seen some amazing changes to the game. Overall it just keeps getting better. I've got a list of suggestions for all sorts of things that's longer than my leg, but one that I rarely see is improvements to our plain, reliable automatic lovers, Betty and Bob! It's time they got an upgrade too!

Hear me out...they could actually have a dozen extra uses besides the emergency companion when you are all out of options, or the crash test dummies for your latest build. This list is off the top of my head and in no particular order. I'm sure some of these may be completely impossible given the current structure of the game, but who knows, maybe not.

• Make them customizable like any other av...at a bare minimum, let us change their clothing (or lack thereof) when they appear. If we could undress/redress them on the fly, that would be even better. Changing other features, including names, would be extra awesome.
  •  Let us introduce them to our friends. If I bring someone home and need an extra hand, or other body part, I'd like to be able to call them in. If other visitors can group with them even when I am not, so much the better.
  •  Having control of them once they're activated would also be useful. Walking them from their arrival point, initiating or rejecting poses thru them, etc. If they are basically built like an alt without the ability to friend/ignore/earn cash/gift, etc. they could still be useful. And they would effectively never leave your room, so they are contained to one environment.
  • If we want to get really out there, how about some limited scripting or bot capability? (I'm not talking full sentience here...I've seen Westworld, for chrissakes, and we don't need another robot uprising.) Have them greet people entering the room, act as bartenders, make announcements or take messages. I'm talking limited responses...I realize there'd be a lot involved in even a few premade actions. But it's a start.
  • Eventually, what about making characters as objects that we can add to a room? Suppose I wanted to have a band playing in my club, instead of just instruments on stage that people could pick up? Or shopkeepers, or background people on the street. Again, I'm not talking super automated, just adding more color.

Yes, I get that these are all pretty extravagant ideas. I don't want to think about the work involved in some of the crazier stuff. But it's a great place to begin and to have lofty goals to shoot for. Why not see what can be done?

Thanks!

- Lazlo