3DXChat Community

Why would a VPN help to ease the current situation?

Babette

Hi Folks,

Can anybody please be so kind to explain why - and under which conditions - the proposed usage of a VPN would help to ease the issues most of us are facing?

I have some understanding of what a VPN is, how it basically works and how it's usually being used (establishing connections into a company network, circumvent geo-blocking, privacy aspects) - but I really don't get how a VPN that wouldn't include 3DX as an endpoint could help...

Why and how would a VPN remediate DC's that seem to affect everybody as we noticed repeatedly lately...?

Why and how would a VPN help with profile issues...?

Thanks a lot!

I dont think a VPN helps with the server outages, but as to profiles i know that some countries restrict accesibilty to the game servers, for example i seen some people in the past say, they cant chat without a VPN that "places" them as a user from the US, since their country blocks that connection...Im by no means a tech nerd buta VPN is just a way for players from countries which blocks the connection to parts of the game...

Hope that helped a bit...Probably not at all xD

But as you said already i doubt a VPN would help with the issues we currently face :)

Edited by Yvonny

I think this advice about VPN is more about just giving people at least something. Because customers expect some answers and honest answer probably would be "You going to eat these glitches and lags for a while till we fix our server software, there is nothing we can do about it, you just have to endure it for days/weeks till we finish". And I already see how much people would be mad because of honest answer like this.