3DXChat Community

RP Room

JenC

As some of you know, I finally got my City Life map done enough that ive opened it since the server came back online from the attack. I wont say its finished as projects like this can never truly finish. :P

As per another thread talking about running these maps, I had a notebook I rarely use these days and installed 3DX on that and made another account so I can have this open 24/7, but thats not working too well at the moment because the server has not been stable, got home from work and it was disconnected, as was the day before, but other than that, its been great, a neighbours son is an electrician and he came over to measure the power draw from the notebook and its 17watts with a dozen people in the room, so im quite happy about that. The things I did to achieve this was to run it in window mode, then after opening the room I go into flymode and go down to below the water face down and park the cam there so its drawing nothing, then minimise the game window and turn off the screen(set it in power section to turn off after 60sec).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I want to thank the 3DX community as theres so many people willing to give a hand with info which has helped me put together this setp and help with making it run well.

One last thing, which sort of surprised me but didnt at the same time was the character of this second account, I placed all the relevant info and parked her in the town as an NPC and even named her NPCwaitressINFO, but that hasnt stopped quite a lot of people hitting on her and questions. :lol:  When I get up in the moring or get home from work I see this huge list of private messages... ive included a screen of the profile so you can see clearly what it is, but it goes to show theres a lot of people out there that dont look at the profiles at all. 

npc.JPG

Edited by JenC

2 hours ago, IKushiel said:

not surprising. what were the questions about?

I lot of the usual, "hi" "how are you"  "wanna fuck?" and so on, others have been RP advances. Ive seen people include npc's in open convos and thats fine, but these were private ones :P

Tis fine, I dont care, just found it somewhat amusing to be honest. :)

15 hours ago, GottaGo said:

If it can help you : launch the place with another account and go to the clothes editor. Your server will never crash even with hundred of people that way.

Thanks for the tip. :)