3DXChat Community

WASD

Whitesnake

Would WASD (or custom keys) be better than clicking for movement?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would WASD be better than clicking for movement?

• Yep!
    • Nah...
    • Both methods should be in the game for the player to choose.

4 hours ago, THX said:

The ability to use the features like Jumping

No sorry this is horrible! Giving Players abilities to jump on you when you have sex in an open location!

You kiss your Partner on a bench having a great time together and they have nothing better to do just to try to jump on you!

☹️

Edited by Rodin

1 hour ago, Rodin said:

No sorry this is horrible! Giving Players abilities to jump on you when you have sex in an open location!

You kiss your Partner on a bench having a great time together and they have nothing better to do just to try to jump on you!

☹️

Nothing an Iggy can't fix. 

I don't know of any game besides 3DX that doesn't have WASD and ability to jump tbh. Seems to work fine elsewhere.

Edited by THX

On 5/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, Whitesnake said:

To use WASD in flight cam / freecam you need to right-click, so there's your option. In "normal mode" it can be just WASD.

Yes, if it will works like this, then all is fine.

Edited by Kemistry

Wot if they implemented a game controller like an XBOX controller?? Being able to use a controller PLUS Mouse and Keyboard at tha same time perhaps??

Im Down with an OPTION ofc, mah answer was fo me personally but if peeps would rather WASD to control their AV then sure make eet an option as long as peeps who are comfy using point and click, fo their own reasons, dunn lose that option. 

Granted, when ah first played this game pointing and clicking felt strange and ah wondered why they chose this, but they did and im so used to eet. Theres tings ya can do pointing and clicking ya cant do with WASD because tha game uses a cursor to be able to click on Poses and peeps etc. Ofc you could implement a crosshair maybs. 

Anyway ah tink fixing tha games Sync/Location Probs far out ways a new way of moving, coz wots tha point you moving all swish when we just see you running into a wall or stairs? 

If tha Devs can add to tha game without taking tings away im all fo eet and making other peepers happy with options they prefer is always good but tha game needs fixing in areas before we start piling on other addons or changes IMHO......this is ofc IF tha DEVS can, if eets possible or even beyond their Skill Set.

11 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

Wot if they implemented a game controller like an XBOX controller?? Being able to use a controller PLUS Mouse and Keyboard at tha same time perhaps??

Im Down with an OPTION ofc, mah answer was fo me personally but if peeps would rather WASD to control their AV then sure make eet an option as long as peeps who are comfy using point and click, fo their own reasons, dunn lose that option. 

Granted, when ah first played this game pointing and clicking felt strange and ah wondered why they chose this, but they did and im so used to eet. Theres tings ya can do pointing and clicking ya cant do with WASD because tha game uses a cursor to be able to click on Poses and peeps etc. Ofc you could implement a crosshair maybs. 

Anyway ah tink fixing tha games Sync/Location Probs far out ways a new way of moving, coz wots tha point you moving all swish when we just see you running into a wall or stairs? 

If tha Devs can add to tha game without taking tings away im all fo eet and making other peepers happy with options they prefer is always good but tha game needs fixing in areas before we start piling on other addons or changes IMHO......this is ofc IF tha DEVS can, if eets possible or even beyond their Skill Set.

Chat is a major component of the experience, so the keyboard cannot be fully replaced. I agree there could be controller support, but few people would use it since they would have to alternate often between the two.

In regards to priorities, I repeat: the major issues the game has right now require more than just a dedicated evening. You can't postpone minor tweaks or quality-of-life improvements because some big problems must be solved first. It is a matter of balance between small fixes and big updates.

Edited by Whitesnake
cleanup and clarity

16 hours ago, Rodin said:

☹️

Jumping is not a necessary mechanic, so I also think it would be for nothing. Plus it involves more serious development, because it needs it's own animations and such.

20 hours ago, Whitesnake said:

Developing an in-game editor of any kind is serious work, whereas a basic feature like WASD movement keys could be implemented in a day, or at least come with the next update or patch if they decide today. I believe they don't consider it because the current method got so ingrained that many (veteran) players got comfortable with it to the point of defending it OR it may take two days instead of one because it works with freecam and the game needs to be thought how to make the difference.

I enjoy the way the game works now. Sorry but you will not convince me otherwise. Many chose this game for many reasons. If I wanted a game like the others I would be there. I AM comfortable with the game I chose to be a part of. I move around the game perfectly and find no issue with it.  I am sorry you do not like the game and the way it is programmed. I do.

Speaking about quick and easy things, I can't understand why they still not added /roll command. People asking for it since the end of 32 bit version and I am almost sure that it's a piece of cake for GIzmo.

About WSAD... Yeah, it would be very convenient to rotate avi in place and for small movements in general. But only if click to move will not suffer from it in any way. 

Edited by Xizl

I have to say that some of the answers here were hilarious. I am all for the Third Option. We must have more freedom and decision to how we want to play our game.

Keep both options, just make them selectable or changeable via a side menu or via settings. It is not big deal, both parties keep the options, just have to choose the one that suits them better.

As far for the jump, hell yeah. I am all about that. I wanted to jump a few times through some obstacles, but I couldn't it was so frustrating. If someone bothers you when you do sex by jumping on top of you, just ignore him and be done with it. People here really need to learn how to use ignore option when they are bothered by someone. No mercy from me for such annoying guys.

I would also like to see faster swim and/or flight. It could be fun for amazing and unique in-game shots or travelling towards a very long distance in the far distance. I've seen couple of those places in-game, where they have mountain several squares away from the main zone. Took me around 10 to 20 minutes to reach the place... and oh boy, was I disappointed when I didn't find anything special on it! xD

It is easy to implement. wasd/azerty can works with arrows and a mouse just fine as it works fine at any other chats.

ps: i hope i shouldn`t give a link to unity lessons. google can help.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

8 minutes ago, The92Ghost said:

I have to say that some of the answers here were hilarious. I am all for the Third Option. We must have more freedom and decision to how we want to play our game.

Keep both options, just make them selectable or changeable via a side menu or via settings. It is not big deal, both parties keep the options, just have to choose the one that suits them better.

As far for the jump, hell yeah. I am all about that. I wanted to jump a few times through some obstacles, but I couldn't it was so frustrating. If someone bothers you when you do sex by jumping on top of you, just ignore him and be done with it. People here really need to learn how to use ignore option when they are bothered by someone. No mercy from me for such annoying guys.

I would also like to see faster swim and/or flight. It could be fun for amazing and unique in-game shots or travelling towards a very long distance in the far distance. I've seen couple of those places in-game, where they have mountain several squares away from the main zone. Took me around 10 to 20 minutes to reach the place... and oh boy, was I disappointed when I didn't find anything special on it! xD

Both options? Perfect solution. 

Iggy? I don't hesitate either.

Faster swim? I have requested this too. I got mocked for the suggestion. Thank you for the suggestion and the support.

PS. Many here will question what you mean by flight/fly and claim you can't. I understand exactly what you mean.

Edited by SusanLouisa

7 minutes ago, The92Ghost said:

I would love to have a crawling animation.

1 hour ago, The92Ghost said:

I am all for the crawling animation but for both genders. Sometimes is cool seeing your partner crawl to you, either to fulfill your fetish or simply to make you harder.

When I saw "crawling" I thought "wait, this is not a stealth game, wtf?!", but now that you made it clear...

17 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

No not at the same time of course! Iam happy like it is and I have nothing against "wasd" but for players who has  an Occulus-Rift like me a Controller function would be really great for moving your avi ! Rigth now it is a pain like it is!

20 hours ago, THX said:

Nothing an Iggy can't fix. 

I agree..but when you are in a "Room" and everyone there is trying to jump over something this would look so odd for me !

4 hours ago, The92Ghost said:

As far for the jump, hell yeah. I am all about that. I wanted to jump a few times through some obstacles, but I couldn't it was so frustrating.

Before you learn to "Jump" you should learn to walk first 🤫

4 hours ago, Xizl said:

I would love to have a crawling animation.

Absolutely "Yes"

4 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Both options? Perfect solution. 

It is ..simply "Puuurrrrfect"

Thanks to all ..voted for "Both"

2 hours ago, Rodin said:

No not at the same time of course! Iam happy like it is and I have nothing against "wasd" but for players who has  an Occulus-Rift like me a Controller function would be really great for moving your avi ! Rigth now it is a pain like it is!

I agree..but when you are in a "Room" and everyone there is trying to jump over something this would look so odd for me !

A very good arguement for why room owners and those who they might appoint should be able to kick and ban such jagoffs.

• 3 months later...

Really, people are against conveniences nowadays? I suppose the main problem is implementing those backward steps and run, need new animation for that, cannot just revert forward movement.
But moving through interactable objects, placing yourself in perfect dance position, rotating yourself while talking to someone - imagine how convenient it can be with arrows/WAD/etc.

Any good news? Im very optimistic, yeah!

While WASD can be a nice addition I think modifying slightly the already existing movement control with the mouse might be a good idea too.

In other games when you hold down the left mouse button or left and right mouse buttons you move around moving the camera. I think that is the best mouse movement.

• 3 weeks later...

WASD movement is a must, there's no question about it. It's a very serious thing when we are talking about full immersion and for me full immersion is essential for these kind of games. Yes, 3DXChat still in process of being developed and there are constant patches, but in my humble opinion WASD movement (plus good POV) should be one of the main priorities right now.