3DXChat Community

Patch 414 personal review

Anaganda

Now that the dust of the ddos attack has settled, I have a thing to say about the new patch

First of all, thanks to the dev team for their work..

-New cuddle pose, I love it... thank you @Takisa

-New props and blocks: a lot of them were much needed, the curtains, the cushions and all the sheets... A++ on all of those

-New textures:  this is where the fun ends.
                            while some of them are good, a lot of the others are not and are not on same quality as the rest of the textures.

+let's start with leather, since it was a material I really personally wanted: resolution is okay so is sharpness... but the texture map's scale is so large that it actually looks like marble not leather.

sGGMJRI.jpg

As I said there are some that are good, like rock ore for example... which I personally can't wait to think of something to use it in
but take a look at these... very bury, low resolution, low sharpness... compare to the old one in the middle, it looks like we are downgrading the game's quality not upgrading it.

QEU2da7.jpg

Another example in nature materials.

n8JIsmS.jpg

@Gizmo @Lisa... Thanks for all the hard work again, but I do hope you read this... and I do hope this is not the beginning of decline in texture quality like what happened 2-3 years ago with clothes and hairs before @Redji & @Manyasha joined in and started making good ones again.
Thanks 😘

Edited by Anaganda

I completely agree with Anaganda.

Nice to have the servers back, and the new stuffs are great expect some of the textures mentioned above (those at current quality are not very usefull).

Speaking of Textures would be lovely also if they would be oriented to the objects Local Axes and not to the Global ones

As it looks like the textures "repair" themself. if you have them on surfaces in the editor jump into the normal then they look more sharp and when you go back into the WE it looks Ok

(still not that sharp as the oter "older" textures but much better as you apply them 1st in the editor)

8 hours ago, MeiLing said:

At least an object has its seize changed: the "bowl". 

Indeed the bowl is changed and I suspect columns too. I reported it to Lisa and she will investigate it.

If you want to fix your room, i suggest to make a copy, it is most likely that once the fix will be done, the corrections will be offset, and the old room will be fine again.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Torax

4 hours ago, Lisa said:

Hi all!

Bowl fixed in 415.

Blured textures - this may be a texture streaming bug. I will investigate.

Glossy plastic - we will fix it in 416 

Thanks, @Lisa
When fixing glossy plastic, Could you keep the unintended matt one as it's separate material?

Edited by Anaganda

@Lisa also the one sheet texture that used to be unwrinkled and then changed with a past update to being wrinkled is quite unattractive. Can that be fixed as well? Or at least another unwrinkled texture added back? Thank you for your attention to this.

It used to look like picture one and turned to picture 2.

Folds_texture.jpg

Folds_texture_1.jpg

Edited by SusanLouisa

On 5/22/2020 at 3:07 AM, Anaganda said:

Thanks, @Lisa
When fixing glossy plastic, Could you keep the unintended matt one as it's separate material?

Yes please, we have wanted a smooth clean matt texture since day one.

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 1:00 AM, Anaganda said:

Now that the dust of the ddos attack has settled, I have a thing to say about the new patch

First of all, thanks to the dev team for their work..

-New cuddle pose, I love it... thank you @Takisa

-New props and blocks: a lot of them were much needed, the curtains, the cushions and all the sheets... A++ on all of those

-New textures:  this is where the fun ends.
                            while some of them are good, a lot of the others are not and are not on same quality as the rest of the textures.

+let's start with leather, since it was a material I really personally wanted: resolution is okay so is sharpness... but the texture map's scale is so large that it actually looks like marble not leather.

sGGMJRI.jpg

As I said there are some that are good, like rock ore for example... which I personally can't wait to think of something to use it in
but take a look at these... very bury, low resolution, low sharpness... compare to the old one in the middle, it looks like we are downgrading the game's quality not upgrading it.

QEU2da7.jpg

Another example in nature materials.

n8JIsmS.jpg

@Gizmo @Lisa... Thanks for all the hard work again, but I do hope you read this... and I do hope this is not the beginning of decline in texture quality like what happened 2-3 years ago with clothes and hairs before @Redji & @Manyasha joined in and started making good ones again.
Thanks 😘

2020-07-18 13-12-40_5462.png