3DXChat Community

Constant connexion lost

JessieLawn

3 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

well vpns is to re route ur connection in case ur isp conection route to certain sites servers etc goes from a bad route ...vpns can help you cause they follow other routes making possible to by pass any bad path  also gives u a privacy protection ..game vpns again same stuff ..the thing now isnt about a good route ..something else is the problem cause everyone has issue not just a dozen of ppl that you could say bad isp route ...

1. I don't have problems with any services aside of 3dxchat. 

2. I did not have problems with 3dxchat before last weeks and especially last days. I mean... Of course I had some problems, yes, but much much more rare than now and not more than any other regular player. 

3. I am not the only one who have problems last weeks and days. Just look at the forum. And aside of forum I know a lot of people who also have serious connection problems lately with 3dxchat. 

So no, it's not my ISP. My ISP is pretty fine.

9 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

3dxchat will deliver great stuff and im very positive soon all will ne ok

I am pretty happy with updates since the Autumn 2019. 

I am not complaining because of lack of new stuff. 

I am complaining about server's stability. And on top of it – about bugs and glitches that are not getting fixed for years and months. Yes, I love new updates, but new poses, clothes or even pose editor not going to fix bugs or improve connection quality. 

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

2. I did not have problems with 3dxchat before last weeks and especially last days. I mean... Of course I had some problems, yes, but much much more rare than now and not more than any other regular player. 

3. I am not the only one who have problems last weeks and days. Just look at the forum. And aside of forum I know a lot of people who also have serious connection problems lately with 3dxchat. 

i didnt said u have issues with ur isp lol i only explained what vpn do and i also said that WE all experiencing issues so its something else and not on our end 

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

..the thing now isnt about a good route ..something else is the problem cause everyone has issue not just a dozen of ppl that you could say bad isp route ...

see ?

My game won't even start up anymore , With a VPN or without. Whatever the devs did with Update 414 caused it to lock me out.  I tried every trick in the book aside from Reinstalling windows. Hope they roll out that Next update soon and fix this mess. Technical support section speaks for itself. Multiple problems with tons of users. Those hackers really did a number on 3dxchat. Buncha bastards. :(

9 hours ago, panther0299 said:

Curious, because I can't even get in to the game....Exactly how do you change to a different server?

On the login screen next to remember password, you can choose EU Proxy and US Direct 😊

8 hours ago, Xizl said:

I am complaining about server's stability. And on top of it – about bugs and glitches that are not getting fixed for years and months. Yes, I love new updates, but new poses, clothes or even pose editor not going to fix bugs or improve connection quality. 

Yes please.
Also... @Gizmo no shame in hiring someone to fix the bugs that seems that you don't know how to fix.

5 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Yes please.
Also... @Gizmo no shame in hiring someone to fix the bugs that seems that you don't know how to fix.

This is long overdue. There're now extra people creating nice, new content... why not someone to fix the hot mess of bugs, glitches and so on that are being ignored?

Stable game = happy subscribers

could be connected during 2 minuts on eu proxy, have a discussion and see others players… before beeing disconnected again… This starts to be really disappointing, i wasn't able to connect during last 8 weeks, and since last friday i had some free time, servers are mostly down…

When i see how my money is wasting, i really Wonder if i'll continue to pay for this game, even if content is great and Community fun and interesting. If i can't connect when i have can, why i should have to pay :/?

sorry for my bad English ladies and gentlemen, hope things are going to be fixed soon… If it isn't the case, then good bye all :).

To me it seems to be a server load issue, they get so many peeps on, and it takes a crap. Then us being virtual world junkies, we hop back on and it adds to the issue.  It hasn't been right since they switched servers after the DDoS attack. My personal opinion is lots of folks took that free week and the population increased past capacity. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but hey that's me.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:07 AM, Xizl said:

I am pretty happy with updates since the Autumn 2019. 

I am not complaining because of lack of new stuff. 

Well what do you need proof for? The server is shit like it was before the "DDO'S" attack. You can't open profiles, you can't room hop quickly or anything cuz you'll either lose connection or not be able to use all the services the game offers. This is not after-quake or anything like that from any attack, it's just prooving further that it was a server crash than anything else cuz we're back to the problems we had in the first place when most of the playerbase was logged on. 

I'd say focus on the server stability more than anything to give your payers the service you've offered, rather than pushing minor updates (Even if I know that last 3 months have had more updates than last 5 years), there's no point of a service if your customers can't use it. 

I'm not ripping on 3DX or anything, I'm just asking for more stability rather than minor changes to the game cuz most of us want to use the service rather than paying for something that doesn't work.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:53 AM, Xizl said:

Have you anything to prove your words?

It was meant to be a Quote for this post, but whatever it got mixed up and it is what it is. Sorry about the misshap and I hope I got the point across anyways...

7 hours ago, Vanir said:

I'd say focus on the server stability more than anything to give your payers the service you've offered, rather than pushing minor updates (Even if I know that last 3 months have had more updates than last 5 years), there's no point of a service if your customers can't use it. 

I agree with you about this, but I still don't think how the lags we have now and had before proves that the few days of downtime was not a DDoS attack. Yes, server was laggy even before it, but it was nothing compared to what is happening now. I mean I agree that their server software/hardware/connection or even all of them is not enough to provide a comfortable experience to an increased player base, it's obvious, it's true, they partially even admitted it themselves: "Problems with the server can be solved by redoing the server architecture."

What I am trying to say: it's not a proof that DDoS attack was a bullshit. Why would they keep their servers down for days? Why now server much more laggy then before the DDoS which you don't believe happened? Online SUDDENLY increased in a few days? Why? 

To me it’s kinda disappointing to see them give some half assed replies with tips that sound more like the kind of advice Players would give other Players instead of a reply by a Developer that knows what they are doing. 

That said, I believe them about the DDOS attack, but think it’s also likely 3DX wasn’t specifically targeted but instead the DDOS was on whoever they’re renting Server Space from. 
It would explain why the response was so slow, 3DX being a relatively minor ‘game’ and thus not a priority to get back up and running. 

All in all though, the Developers here are showing a rather lackluster response to valid complaints and are very secretive in my view. 
Either because they don’t really Care if we understand what is going on. 
Or because they think we wouldn’t be Able to understand. 
In any case it’s almost insulting. 
But yeah, that might just be me. 

They DID have an attack. They kept us informed. This alone is an improvement from past issues and I, for one, and grateful for that gesture.  They know we pay for the game.  They know we love this game. They read the forums and saw what was being said.  They were not done with the repairs but the game was operational if not perfect so they opened it and let us on it while they continue to work on it. They have given us advice on how to minimize these imperfections as they continue the repair. Lisa has advised future testing of new servers. Again, more information than we have gotten in the past and I am grateful for it.  Perhaps in the future they will just shut down for however long it takes to get new servers up and running and the game at 100% and give no feed back.  After all what difference has their efforts made?  

20 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

They DID have an attack.

The point trying to be made is, that the attack was probably NOT DIRECTED towards 3DX themselves but more the service provider they use which in turn affected many other possible customers using the services of that provider.

They kept us informed. This alone is an improvement from past issues and I, for one, and grateful for that gesture.

Yes, that IS a great improvement. I must agree on that part.

They have given us advice on how to minimize these imperfections as they continue the repair.

Have you tried any of them ? Did it solve anything for you ? Sure didn't for me.

Perhaps in the future they will just shut down for however long it takes to get new servers up and running and the game at 100% and give no feed back.

That would not be advisable on a "business decision" side of things and would probably result in the death of 3DX or at least a very significant loss in the player base.

Most of the issues have been going on for months now(some as far as when we switched to 64 bit) and currently, it feels like the actual servers(the core components) have been downgraded,for whatever reason,  and aren't able to cope with the load thus affecting the overall experience of the game. That's a very personal opinion .. but it sure looks like it.

Sure, they're giving out poses, dances, clothes, hairstyles and what not .. but I think focus should be pointed towards the server stability first and then you can think about releasing new features because ultimately, we can't even fully enjoy those new features currently.

Edited by Stellania

YOU CAN NOT PLEASE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. PEOPLE WILL FIND REASONS TO BITCH AND MOAN EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE RUNNING AS THEY SHOULD. FOR SOME IT'S NEVER GOOD ENOUGH. I JUST LEARNED THAT LESSON MYSELF.

6 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

They DID have an attack. They kept us informed. This alone is an improvement from past issues and I, for one, and grateful for that gesture.  They know we pay for the game.  They know we love this game. They read the forums and saw what was being said.  They were not done with the repairs but the game was operational if not perfect so they opened it and let us on it while they continue to work on it. They have given us advice on how to minimize these imperfections as they continue the repair. Lisa has advised future testing of new servers. Again, more information than we have gotten in the past and I am grateful for it.  Perhaps in the future they will just shut down for however long it takes to get new servers up and running and the game at 100% and give no feed back.  After all what difference has their efforts made?  

I, FOR ONE, AGREE WITH THIS. I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS (SEEMS LONGER) AND IN THE PAST WHEN THEY WERE DOWN, THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION WAS HORRENDOUS. PEOPLE WERE LEFT TO JUST GUESS, AS THERE WOULD BE NO "OFFICIAL" RESPONSES OR INFORMATION OF ANY TYPE.

AT LEAST THIS TIME THEY KEPT US UP TO DATE. AS FOR THE ISSUES NOW.... PROFILES, MEH... AT LEAST THE GAME IS UP AND THEY ARE WORKING TO STABILIZE THINGS. WOULD YOU RATHER THE GAME BE DOWN FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR 2 OR UP AND RUNNING? AGAIN, I CAN HANDLE A WEEK OR 2 OF PROFILES GOING IN AND OUT OR ROOMS LOADING SLOWLY.... AT LEAST THE GAME IS WORKING. NOW, IF THEY DIDN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THERE WERE ISSUES, AS THEY HAVE IN THE PAST, I'D BE A LOT MORE UPSET. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO KEEP US INFORMED AND TO WORK OUT THE BUGS WHILE TRYING TO KEEP THE GAME UP.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW?