3DXChat Community

Black Screen on login page.

Kanha

So patching went fine? well maybe.. but i launch the game and i am greeted by a pure black screen, no crash.. the game is running as it should.

Made firewall exceptions, disabled all security i can, updated graphics drivers, done a clean reinstall.. ran as admin. still just a black screen

Also downloaded the 414 client from mega, still black screen... anyone else having this issue?

Same for me. Uninstalled. Cleaned registry. Cleaned all 3dx stuff off pc. rebooted pc.  Downloaded the 414 client from members section and still get black screen of death. 😔

Edited by Nymphpott

try installing the latest version of the game and run the game as administrator.
LisaToday, at 3:41
@everyone
Problems with updates? Latest 414 Installer Download from MEGA:
https://mega.nz/file/FEpGBIaL#xslC3c1pHIg1LOElYc-uxDsCjHgnGwrLJI8x6PzHeLI
oh sorry you already did this all,
1) 
https://3dxchat.com/support/#system
2) try installing the game in a different folder
3) disable the antivirus during installation
4) add the game and the patcher to the exceptions (white list) of the Brandmauer (create a rule) I have DRWEB and at startup it asks what needs to be done, how it is done in other antiviruses, I do not know, see the documentation for them.
5) Delete folder 

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\LocalLow\SexGameDevil
C:\Users\
YOURUSER\Documents\3DXChat

6) update drivers
7) use VPN

8)update windows

Edited by Takisa

It most likely has to do something with 3dx not being able to connect to their servers.. as before i reinstalled windows, 3dxchat was not popping up in my "processes with network activity" tab at all.. 

There is definitely something funky going on since the update and after they brought the server online.

- Did they add some type of DDoS protection to the server?

The reason I ask is, I suspect they are blocking or filtering IP addresses from Brasil (my location). When on my regular IP address, if I load 3DX, the updates on the right-hand side do not load, but I am able to login to the game. Once in game, I am unable to load pictures or send private messages.

If I use a VPN and connect via an IP address from the United States, these problems all go away.

Maybe this will help? I was also unable to load the 3DX website or these forums, until I connected to the VPN. =/

6 minutes ago, Takisa said:

I think this is a temporary measure to maintain the server’s performance, in the future the restrictions will have to be removed

I'm happy as long as I can connect, but not everybody has a VPN available. I agree, things will sort themselves out and at least the server is back. :D

I had to wipe out 3dx on my computer. The patch would not run. I went to the web site and downloaded the newest version of the game client. Don't know if that is the right answer but that's what I did this morning and it fired right up after a reinstall.

@Gizmo @Lisa I still have a black screen on log in page. Reinstalled a few times. Tried a VPN. Tried deleting all files and registry. Rolled back video drivers, Let the game through all my firewalls. Turned off antivirus.  I tried installing a older version and that was not black screen at log in.  As soon as it patched though, the screen goes black. Have not been able to log into 3dxchat for like 10 days. Whatever is happening the new version of the game is not playing nice with my system.

PC Specs. 

-Windows 10 pro

-EVGA 1080ti ftw( Turned off overclocking and tried stock values )

-Intel  i7 9700k processor ( Turned off overclocking and tried Stock values )

-MSI Krait Snake motherboard

-32 gigs kingston hyper fury x ram 

-750 watt corsair gold psu

- Multiple ssd drives for games .  A normal 3 terabyte hard drive for media. I tried every drive for 3dxchat. No difference. 

-Watercooled and ready to play Doom in 4k 60 fps. 

Why the game won't work is mind boggling. I tried everything except reinstalling windows which I cannot do right now since my work stuff is on my pc. A fix without reinstalling windows would be appreciated. 

Edited by Nymphpott
spelling

Tried to run the patcher today for the latest update...says Update Status Unzipping....

Wouldn't worry but it has been unzipping for hours.  Thought it hung up, rebooted and restarted, it does the same thing...Suggestions?

29 minutes ago, tor said:

Tried to run the patcher today for the latest update...says Update Status Unzipping....

Wouldn't worry but it has been unzipping for hours.  Thought it hung up, rebooted and restarted, it does the same thing...Suggestions?

Download the entire client straight from the site probably your best bet.

• 2 weeks later...