3DXChat Community

Developing feelings.

Shalnia

Hey all! Not sure how well this is going to go...

I've been on and off of this game for few years now. Over that time, I've had others develop feelings for me, feelings that I could not reciprocate. Recently I decided to get back into 3dx after an extended break. Upon returning I met someone and started to become good friends with them. As time moved on, I noticed I had developed some romantic feelings for this person. They shared real life information (nothing too personal, just some minor details, etc.), and I was being really withholding, but started to open up...with lies. Sadly, this is a defect of mine that I have, I can be dishonest, and will lie or withhold information.

Thanks to this DDOS attack, I was able to step back and look at myself more clearly. As it stands right now, I am all twisted up inside emotionally and mentally. Even if this could turn into a more real relationship, I feel that my initial dishonesty would mean that things would not last (who knows). Regardless, I want this relationship to end, and for these feelings to go away. I feel like whatever relationship I find within 3dx, is not going to be right for me.

I hold no judgement for others that find a relationship in 3dx, if it works for you, and you are happy, that's awesome! I'm happy for you! I just feel that a relationship based in 3dx, even if it moves beyond it, isn't what is right for me.

I'm not sure if there was some point I was trying to make here. I think I just needed to vent to a group of people that may understand. If you have some kind of experience like this, feel free to share! I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks, I guess I should clarify. I don't want a relationship with this person, mostly due to my own actions. I've not been true to myself or them, and the basis of our current relationship, at least on my end, is built on dishonesty.

While I appreciate what you're saying, this isn't what I want for myself at this time.

If you think that's not the right thing for you, then do what your instinct tells you. Funnily enough, during the days of Playstation Home, me and this girl developed feelings for each other after talking for a while. Soon after, we ended up in a real relationship and lived together for 4 years. Now, in 3DX about a year ago or so, something similar happened, we just didn't go as far as the previous situation I've described, because, honestly, I couldn't see it going anywhere and didn't feel it was right. Besides all that, finding a real relationship was never the reason why I joined 3DX, mostly because I couldn't see it happening. Me and her still talk now and then, but I know she's still mad at me on some level, although not as much as she was at the time, but that's the way things go sometimes.

I think it's good that you've had the chance to reflect during this down time @ShalniaΒ Yeah, it's probably for the best that you end the relationship with this person.

Β 

My word of advice would be to at least tell this other person why you're ending this. They may not like it but they'll feel better knowing why. I've been in a situation similar to yours a while back, and I decided to run away rather than break it off properly. While it meant I didn't have to deal with the anxiety of having to tell that person, I made it worse form them. Don't be meΒ 

4 minutes ago, Nektar said:

I think it's good that you've had the chance to reflect during this down time @ShalniaΒ Yeah, it's probably for the best that you end the relationship with this person.

Β 

My word of advice would be to at least tell this other person why you're ending this. They may not like it but they'll feel better knowing why. I've been in a situation similar to yours a while back, and I decided to run away rather than break it off properly. While it meant I didn't have to deal with the anxiety of having to tell that person, I made it worse form them. Don't be meΒ 

Damn, that's savage! You could at least have told the poor guy the reason why. πŸ˜‚

15 minutes ago, Nektar said:

Β 

You're just a sexy bitch sis 😘

4 hours ago, Shalnia said:

Yeah @R0bTΒ I wasn't going to go into this game again and look for a relationship, but what happens happens, and this is where I'm at.

When the heart wants to play, our plans quickly go out the window. Don't beat yourself up about it, Shalnia :)Β