3DXChat Community

World Editor - feature requests

CorbinAngelo

• 2 weeks later...

A return of the solid timber textures we had for years then replaced with boarded textures for no reason.

A return of the wavy cloth texture that was replaced with a crumpled cloth texture.

A text tool with various fonts.

A smooth clean flat/matt surface texture, we got one by accident last patch then it was removed. Would love it added.

With liquor bars being so heavily featured across so very many room types, lots of props for them to get the room performance better, glasses, mugs, cups, lots of different bottles, kegs and many other items... Let us use our budget for important stuff in the rooms and have these props as incidentals as they should be.

@CorbinAngelo Setting the Ocean to -4000 or more works. But it also tends to reset back to 0 each time you open the file in the editor.
So it's a hassle to reset it back to Minus each time you tweak something.
Minor issue I admit, but a switch to just remove the water altogether would be a quality of life improvement.

And while we're at it, they did promise us some other 'backgrounds' like Space etc. Those would need the water removed or else what's the point?

2 hours ago, Derai said:

@CorbinAngelo Setting the Ocean to -4000 or more works. But it also tends to reset back to 0 each time you open the file in the editor.
So it's a hassle to reset it back to Minus each time you tweak something.
Minor issue I admit, but a switch to just remove the water altogether would be a quality of life improvement.

And while we're at it, they did promise us some other 'backgrounds' like Space etc. Those would need the water removed or else what's the point?

In case of a Space Background you will have a sea of stars instead of our so well loved ocean. So one ocean is replaced by anotherone?

On 6/2/2020 at 6:49 AM, CorbinAngelo said:

Tha ability to remove tha ocean. 😇

at -4000 it looks like the ocean is gone

Yes ah always set myne to -20000 be gone dang Ocean!

To make sure that tha ocean remains there when re opening tha Editor etc, before closing tha Editor tha very last ting ya should do ( Mouse Click ) is to CLICK on your current Ocean Level in SETTINGS and press Enter. Then IMMEDIATLEY exit tha Editor bah loading tha Room. If ya dunn do this tha Ocean will reset to 0. Ah wish they would fix this and tha ability to save SNAP Values, Grid Settings etc. This has been asked for, for YEARS, but alas they never make this possible. 😪

Edited by Alliehotass
Coz ah Can Dang Nabbits!

It would be nice if we could use the objects in a "deleting" way. Means if I would use such a "negative" cube and move it into a wall, everything this "negative cube" would touch would disappear. Resultung in a window in the wall in this case.

But I know this will be almost impossible with this editor. Wish we could use Blender and export as World files.

You can also "cap" your internet connection for a second and then pull the "Red window" for example to the bottom left so its not troubling you that much during the building.

=> you are offline and can build/save/load files.

just remember to save before you exit/press the reconnect

the thing I would most like to see in the editor is when you merge something into your build that it appears in front of you instead of wherever it was originally saved.  I am not a 'from scratch' builder so its a pain in the butt when you merge something into your world and then you cant find it. 

2 hours ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

the thing I would most like to see in the editor is when you merge something into your build that it appears in front of you instead of wherever it was originally saved.  I am not a 'from scratch' builder so its a pain in the butt when you merge something into your world and then you cant find it. 

Would be usefull too,

What I do currently: I have a "safe Zone" during building its an area  at 0/0/0 coordinates what I keep free during the building and I move also the objects to that zone before saving them separately for merging after.

Or what you could also do is that you open the objectgroup (would be more easy to find as you have just in the editor) go close to it then you merge your actual room on it. this way you will see where it is. After this you have 2 choices

1) you continue to build in this case eventually you have to reposition the spawn object

2) you remember the position, close everything and load the room again, then merge the object (now you find it more easy as you remember the position) in this case you dont have to reposition the spawn object

On 5/31/2020 at 1:56 AM, Alliehotass said:

Tha ability to remove tha ocean. 😇

Like in real life we have sky above and water under so instead of reducing the ocean lvl to -4000 or whatever just add a platform above the ocean with position y:1m and scale  with x:4000 and y:4000 also add a nice grass texture and there no ocean ... pretty simple ... i mean is what i'm doing.

8 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Ability to use world editor if a server doesn`t work.

If the server is just down and you still can log in the game then you ca us editor offline ... if that red window don;t bother you ... i mean you can try ... log in game go in editor then unplug your network connection wire and you see you can still build and save your work ... the only thing is you have to move that red little window with connection lost or something like that

... and yes we never going to have the editor offline since this is a subscribe game 

2 minutes ago, ArisEv said:

If the server is just down and you still can log in the game then you ca us editor offline ... if that red window don;t bother you ... i mean you can try ... log in game go in editor then unplug your network connection wire and you see you can still build and save your work ... the only thing is you have to move that red little window with connection lost or something like that

If i can`t get in 3dx, i can`t use world editor.

2 minutes ago, ArisEv said:

we never going to have the editor offline since this is a subscribe game 

Why so? 

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, CorbinAngelo said:

Not sure if it already exists, or if this is the correct location, but could we start a feature request thread for the 3dx World Editor?

I'd like to kick off with these two requests:

1.       Ability to lock and unlock objects and groups.

2.       Layers

In addition to this:

1. Ability to change the orientation of the material/texture. If you're making a vertical wood timber you'll see that when you add wood grain material/texture the wood grain flows horizontally rather than vertically. Building a garage with exposed wood framing, and a gazebo, the direction of the wood grain bothers my OCD lol. 

2. Option to have snap step in imperial(US) or metric(SI).

3. More skyboxes.

Edited by CLU2

These may seem a bit advanced, but they come handy to those who know how to use them. Fair warning, I am a math student.

• Ability to apply transform to a group/compound object
  • Ability to define the reference point (origin and orientation of the local frame) for the grouped/compound object (it's related to the above)
  • Ability to specify an arbitrary frame around which the rotation is done, not just local/global frame of reference

Why are these useful? If you know how to work with coordinates and transforms, you can lay out the world and perfectly align objects where you want them much faster than moving things around with the mouse.