3DXChat Community

Expanded Sliders/More Body Types

While diverse body types probably be interesting, how long do you think it will be, before the complaints about being ignored or overlooked due to being too obese with Avi start coming in. I dunno how this going to really make things better community wise, or lower the amount of constant complaints in any shape or form?

well, i am really not sure how it would turn out.

but the sheer possibility would be fine.

And if it only is to serve private kinks and one could play a secret RP with a body type only for one night so to say and change it afterwards.

We can save our avas already, so why dont make an obese one for a hidden RP, so to say :)

Edited by meilyn

I would love to see more handsome/beautiful and first of all ALIVE faces for men. Current ones mostly look like faces of some inanimate androids. I dunno how, but devs were able to make female avis look not only more beautiful (which is kind of natural), but also more alive than male ones. At least from my point of view. Dunno if other peeps see it the same way.

From what I've seen with 'Sliders'...which are usually referred to as Morphs, there can be limits to how much you can change body size and shape before you get bleed through in clothing.

Some of the poses in 3DX already demonstrate this problem. Hands on extra large breasts for example.

Edited by THX

Too much body variety would create problems with animations, which in this game involves two different avatars interacting very precisely.

I realize this is why there aren't many animations that involve breast play, because of the HUGE gaps in nipple placement based on the available breast sizes.

There is a way to use inverse kinematic (IK) animation to tell one character's hand how to programmatically find the other's nipple and let the body follow suit. I believe 3DX is using only forward kinematic (FK) animation, meaning preset animations that don't change based on where things are located. In the distant future, it would be good if parts of the animations were adjusted to use IK. I think that's the only way to give people the body customization we want.

*The downside to IK is that it's less natural looking. Programmers like it, artists might not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay8I7xUC4-k (more about IK)

In the meantime, I think existing animations could be audited to add "small", "micro", and even "massive" dick parameters to every animation, but that's still quite a task.

Things I think can be done sooner:

• Additional face presets (I don't think the extra sliders are worth the work)
  • Chubbier girls and guys, where existing animations allow it
  • Add some jiggle to those animations, especially the spankings!

Hoping for:

• Breast play poses (I think IK is the only way to get the hands/lips in the right spot)

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 2:32 PM, Takisa said:

PbuolCc.jpg

there are those who will specifically make ugly faces thereby spoil the mood of others

There are many players who already do all they can to look ugly as it is with the available options.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:20 PM, Xizl said:

I would love to see more handsome/beautiful and first of all ALIVE faces for men. Current ones mostly look like faces of some inanimate androids. I dunno how, but devs were able to make female avis look not only more beautiful (which is kind of natural), but also more alive than male ones. At least from my point of view. Dunno if other peeps see it the same way.

Females are not only beautiful,  but also unique.  I frequent the beach just to grab a comfy chair or stretch of warm sand just to watch the women walk by.  Each one different and drop dead gorgeous.   As for the men, we are trying,  but with more limited options we can end up looking like copies of each other.  That's where effort in profile building and chat communication gives us uniqueness.  

20 minutes ago, JackPine said:

Females are not only beautiful,  but also unique. 

Sorry, but I disagree. I know that we have more customization options than men but still... There are just a few good looking faces that are used by the 80-90% of players. Without ability to change face details like nose/lips/eyes/jawline separately we all inevitably going look like clones of someone to some degree. 

55 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Sorry, but I disagree. I know that we have more customization options than men but still... There are just a few good looking faces that are used by the 80-90% of players. Without ability to change face details like nose/lips/eyes/jawline separately we all inevitably going look like clones of someone to some degree. 

Really?  Maybe my relative newness is partly to blame.  I will have to research this in deeper detail.  My kind of project!

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 4:33 PM, DudeAlex said:

I would be happy enough if they added some long hair options to males... come on, I can't be the only guy with long hair around here ^^

99% of the men in 3DXChat already have long hair... on their female and futa alts.

Edited by pretty

11 minutes ago, pretty said:

99% of the men in 3DXChat already have long... on their female and futa alts.

50% of me is laughing out loud at this!  The other 50% is wondering out loud who I have been truly playing with! 🤔

Stick with the laughing, Tim!

If you have some good artists make skins for the Current Avi's you'd be suprised what can be done with the current Avi's.

If you look at this Avi, the face alone had around 100 Morphs (sliders).  Cheek bones, up down, larger smaller... 10 or so for each of the nose, ears, jaw, eyes, forhead etc..... arms, torso, legs, feet hands all had their own too. Around 300 or so total.

j8oBH1C.png?1

ZkYoXzS.png IbuQRqe.png

But there is just something unimpressive with how the Avi looks. The skin looks...old Gen, but it really shouldn't. But body looks more realistic.

There is more than morphs to make a great Avi. You need art and Shaders too. 

Edited by THX

On 6/20/2020 at 4:12 AM, THX said:

If you have some good artists make skins for the Current Avi's you'd be suprised what can be done with the current Avi's.

If you look at this Avi, the face alone had around 100 Morphs (sliders).  Cheek bones, up down, larger smaller... 10 or so for each of the nose, ears, jaw, eyes, forhead etc..... arms, torso, legs, feet hands all had their own too. Around 300 or so total.

j8oBH1C.png?1

ZkYoXzS.png IbuQRqe.png

But there is just something unimpressive with how the Avi looks. The skin looks...old Gen, but it really shouldn't. But body looks more realistic.

There is more than morphs to make a great Avi. You need art and Shaders too. 

You're showing a very scary avatar, I think all these settings don't help him and he has a face net of such quality that there will be no noticeable change.

Guys cant make avis now with that many  options they may just quit the game lolllllllllllllllllllll

Can you imagine what kind of faces the guys would distort to smh or body types I think they are trying to avoid the  hunchback of Transylvania and troll head type avis. I dont think the game wants to be trolls and old witches lol maybe they do ? shrugs lollllllllllllllllll

Edited by DomGSix

3 hours ago, Manyasha said:

You're showing a very scary avatar, I think all these settings don't help him and he has a face net of such quality that there will be no noticeable change.

Actually, every part of that Avatar has morphs. Your conclusion about change is simply and obviously wrong. IBoth male and female could be made extremely obese, to emaciated like Gandhi and everything in between. Ears could be made into elf ears.  Eyes and face altered to be oriental or whatever. 

There are over 33 morphs for eyes alone as I demonstrated above.  I am not seeing how you could even believe change would be 'minimal' with over 400 morphs fir every part of the body.  

Change could be drastic. So drastic there could be 'bleed through' or clipping of clothing.  A problem I have also demonstrated elsewhere. I don't have to guess about these things. I know factually.

One of the things that sets 3DX apart, is their shaders. Shaders and lighting. That is a main difference and a flaw that avitar and world suffered from and a small reason for its failure.

The wise learn from the mistakes of others.

Edited by THX
33 morphs for eyes

1 hour ago, DomGSix said:

Guys cant make avis now with that many  options they may just quit the game lolllllllllllllllllllll

Can you imagine what kind of faces the guys would distort to smh or body types I think they are trying to avoid the  hunchback of Transylvania and troll head type avis. I dont think the game wants to be trolls and old witches lol maybe they do ? shrugs lollllllllllllllllll

Yes, that is another problem with so many morphs. For the new user it was overwhelming. That was an early screenshot before I really started getting the hang of morphs. You won't hear me criticize the face types we have - even the ones I don't care for cause I know how much of a bitch they can be to make.

What would be best IMO for 3DX is to have presets like they have, but an advanced tab that has all the morphs. As you get used to things you can mod it drastically. 

Even better, would be the ability for users to save morphs thry create like world files are now that could be shared.

And even better, let artists get a hold of the body and make skins along with Morphs.

And no I don't curl my eyebrows Pluussh. My Avi was born with naturally curly long eyebrows.

Your just jealous - and you should be. 

Edited by THX
Cause Pluussh is jealous of my eyelashes.

13 hours ago, THX said:

Yes, that is another problem with so many morphs. For the new user it was overwhelming. That was an early screenshot before I really started getting the hang of morphs. You won't hear me criticize the face types we have - even the ones I don't care for cause I know how much of a bitch they can be to make.

What would be best IMO for 3DX is to have presets like they have, but an advanced tab that has all the morphs. As you get used to things you can mod it drastically. 

Even better, would be the ability for users to save morphs thry create like world files are now that could be shared.

And even better, let artists get a hold of the body and make skins along with Morphs.

And no I don't curl my eyebrows Pluussh. My Avi was born with naturally curly long eyebrows.

Your just jealous - and you should be. 

It wouldn't be overwhelming if it had maybe five default faces to choose from. Then people could try things without having to worry about whether or not they could go back to Square One and try again or be stuck with a possible disaster.

Default faces would be like a Save Game option, iow.

4 hours ago, PluushPuussy said:

It wouldn't be overwhelming if it had maybe five default faces to choose from. Then people could try things without having to worry about whether or not they could go back to Square One and try again or be stuck with a possible disaster.

Default faces would be like a Save Game option, iow.

I dunno anything about the 3DX Avi other than we have half of things already.  We have the preset faces already and they added more so I'd think that indicates they can add more. 

Maybe the 3DX  Avi is  similar to the one above, in terms of available morphs, or maybe the one above is more advanced. I believe the one above may be a year newer than the one here. It's about 5 years old. It could be just a matter of what Morphs the Devs want to make available to users. The recently released eyebrow morphs make me think this.

Maybe, if you ask the Devs really really nice... and I bat my eyes, you can have luxurious eyelashes like I do.

Edited by THX

I think that we have a decent amount of sliders for the body, but our avatars faces really lacking customization. I mean, all we can do about our face structure is to choose a face template and choose how far it is from the default face. I don't know how much devs can do about it, but at least something... Having sliders for nose, lips, chin, jaw, eyes... If not sliders – at least being able to choose them separately, not the whole set. Even the option to have a slider not just between face 0 and current face but between any 2 faces of our choice – already would increase diversity in faces a lot.