3DXChat Community

Let`s talk.

15 hours ago, Mulan said:

fail2ban protects against brute force attacks (where a password cracker will try multiple different passwords) not DDoS attacks. AΒ DDoS attack involves an enormous number of spurious requests from a large number of computers worldwide that flood a target server. As a result, the target server spends all of its resources serving requests and becomes virtually unavailable to ordinary users. The users of the computers that are sending the fake requests may not even suspect that their machines have been hacked.

DDoS attacks usually require the use of specially crafted bots and botnets. To instigate a DDoS attack, a hacker must first gain access to a target computer. He then installs a daemon in it using his DDoS bot kit. He then does the same thing to several other machines, turning them all into zombies. The hacker then starts the master program, which also comes from the DDoS bot kit, on his own or on a remote system and orders it to launch an attack on a chosen IP address. The master program then commands all of the daemons to attack the chosen victim for purposes like taking down a particular website.

In summary, there is not just some simple program you can install and be protected against DDoS attacks.

CDNs offered by the likes of Cloudflare can help.Β CDN is short for Content Delivery Network. It is a group of servers distributed around the world. When you use a CDN the content of your website (everything from HTML, stylesheets, videos, and images), isn’t just stored on the origin server where your website is hosted, but copies are also cached (stored) across the group of servers. Β 

The main purpose of this is to offload the bandwidth strain on your origin server to elsewhere Β β€” typically the server that is closest to the user who is trying to load your website. This is especially helpful if you have a high-traffic site with users around the world. Because your site content is stored on servers close to them (instead of another continent, for example), load time will be significantly faster, which means they’re more likely to stick around.

Because of the nature of a CDN and how it redistributes traffic when needed, it makes it a great defense against DDoS attacks.Β If your website is the target of a DDoS attack, a CDN will help to ensure it doesn’t reach the origin server and render your site completely unavailable. If a server is hit with more traffic than it can handle, it simply sends the traffic to other servers. Your site won’t experience any downtime. Users won’t notice a thing and neither will you.

You seem to be painting everything as black or white for the sake of arguing. There are many types of denial of service attacks but the most common is the repeated request flooding a server with more requests than it can handle. The attacker will have one program finding new anonymous proxy servers at the same time he is performing the attack because they too will quickly start to fail as their own security kicks in. Fail2ban is the most awesome free program out there. You make a rule say (3 failed attempt in 5 minutes) and anyone violates that rule their IP is banned for x amount of time. Repeat offenders perma ban. Cloud flare does a great job limiting an attacker to their own private cache but this doesn't work on live game play. The best security is multiple layers of defense.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Xizl said:

I sadly used to see this crap in 3dx as well. Some people go deeper than they should in their interracial fetish. At least publicly, I don't care how deep they go in private, it's their sex life, not mine.Β It's nothing wrong in loving black on white or white on black or any other combinations, but some people going to the point of being offensive right in their profiles.Β 

I mean something like "I don't respond to anything sexual from white boys, if you want to be friends is one thing, but only real men get to use me however they want." with a text before about how much she loves a black cock, obviously making an assumption that only real men is a black men. Then I seen some people who openly states in their profiles that they "hate BBC" tho I guess it's more of a reaction on the people with black domination profiles.Β 

Also seen some people with BWO (Black World Order) stuff in their galleries, already a few, seems it's some group of players, with a text about how blacks are superior and whites are inferior. In my opinion people should keep this stuff to private RP and thematic rooms, not having it in their profile for everyone (even the ones who don't like their fetish) to see. Because such a topic potentionally very offensive and can easily rise conflicts. And again, I am not talking about people who just state in their profile that they are into blacks/whites/orcs/whoever. As long as they not trying to attack/offense others with their worlds. I actually considered reporting such an offensive profiles, but were holding myself from doing it so far, not sure it is a right thing to do.

Here an example. Saw it in profiles of couple of peepsΒ already:

D8uJhV2u2b4gAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

1 minute ago, SusanLouisa said:

This is just horrible and unacceptable. This is a form of hate speech for sure. I am just as offended by it as if it was a white world order. Is @Gizmo and @Lisa aware of it?

Yeah, I've seen that before. But oh no, someone claimed hate speech is protect by the First Amendment a couple of days ago. Some is, some isn't. Some people just have no idea when it comes to free speech. Just because you're free to say what you want, it doesn't mean you're free of the consequences, so, in the end, is it really free speech?

18 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I mean something like "I don't respond to anything sexual from white boys, if you want to be friends is one thing, but only real men get to use me however they want." with a text before about how much she loves a black cock, obviously making an assumption that only real men is a black men. Then I seen some people who openly states in their profiles that they "hate BBC" tho I guess it's more of a reaction on the people with black domination profiles

We all have our personal preferences. Being classy or being offensive about it is a choice as well.Β  It really does tell you all you need to know about a person right up front. Like those warning labels found on electrical products.

23 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Is @Gizmo and @Lisa aware of it?

If you mean if I reported it or not – nah, I did not. I have conflicting feelings about it. I offended, but in the same time if they will get a permanent ban for some stupid picture I would feel guilty for reporting them.Β 

14 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

I wouldn't go that far. You know very well women here are rare as snow in Sahara.

I don't want them being black dudes in 3DX. rofl

Avatar was not a dude. At least the one from whose gallery I took this screenshot today. It was a black tgirl.Β 

Not sure how much I can see them as a girl though, considering that even in game they identify themselves as a "stud" if read the text of the pictureΒ πŸ€”

Anyway... We were talking about avis here.Β 

But yeah, I can probably imagine it's being a white woman with strong interracial fetish but... Chances are very low lol.

Edited by Xizl

3 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

We all have our personal preferences. Being classy or being offensive about it is a choice as well.Β  It really does tell you all you need to know about a person right up front. Like those warning labels found on electrical products.

This goes beyond personal preferences. I don't really care if one likes white, black, yellow, purple or green, that's their business. If I now created a White World Order, I bet there would be some heads turning my way giving me looks of disapproval, calling me racist or whatever, but it seems they want to give the impression that them doing so is okay.Β 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

This goes beyond personal preferences. I don't really care if one likes white, black, yellow, purple or green, that's their business. If I now created a White World Order, I bet there would be some heads turning my way giving me looks of disapproval, calling me racist or whatever, but it seems they want to give the impression that them doing so is okay.Β 

Oh absolutely. I was commenting only on that section I quoted. But when considering the entire post it is just pure racist. And it is far from okay or acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

I am pretty sure if I would make same kind of pic, just reversed it to white domination and as an experiment put it in my gallery I would end up in ban after a couple of days. Of course I am not going to do it even if I would not be banned for it, but still.Β 

2 minutes ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

I bet you are here for spreading hate around. Can you be a little bit respectful?

Do this kind of people deserve respect? I mean the ones with such a filth in their gallery, not just a regular BBC player.

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

I am pretty sure if I would make same kind of pic, just reversed it to white domination and as an experiment put it in my gallery I would end up in ban after a couple of days. Of course I am not going to do it even if I would not be banned for it, but still.Β 

Yeah, exactly. But if they do it, they try to pull the free speech card.

1 minute ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

And you? Why one sick should spread hate by calling others like that? Yes, that pic you showed us is horrible in my opinion. I am against race discrimination. In both sides.

I am not sure we understand each other here to be honest.

But for me it seems pretty natural that people easily can be offended if they are being called weak, impotent and inferior. Yeah, it probably may be pretty fun if two (or more) adult persons making such a play in private, consensually. I am not trying to kink-shame here. But there is no place for such a stuffΒ in a profile's gallery. When it's advertised publicly like this it's not just a kink anymore, it's a statement. An offensive statement.

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

I am not sure we understand each other here to be honest.

But for me it seems pretty natural that people easily can be offended if they are being called weak, impotent and inferior. Yeah, it probably may be pretty fun if two (or more) adult persons making such a play in private, consensually. I am not trying to kink-shame here. But there is no place for such a stuffΒ in a profile's gallery. When it's advertised publicly like this it's not just a kink anymore, it's a statement. An offensive statement.

I didn`t disagree with you. That's a shame. I said about other jokes about white people which can spread hate.