3DXChat Community

Let`s talk.

☙𝔼𝕩❧

So... in-game moderation failed. Forum moderation failed as well. What is a difference between in-game moderation and forum moderation? Is there any risk of giving the right to moderation to any person who play here, who has friends here, and who has their own subjective attitude to others?

ps: is rainy today and would be interesting to spend some time in adequate and intelligent conversation.

9 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

So... in-game moderation failed. Forum moderation failed as well. What is a difference between in-game moderation and forum moderation? Is there any risk of giving the right to moderation to any person who play here, who has friends here, and who has their own subjective attitude to others?

ps: is rainy today and would be interesting to spend some time in adequate and intelligent conversation.

I think a moderator on a forum should be payed. And probably not picked from among the users. That way the person got a paycheck to lose if they act badly and also no previous horse in the race.

3 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

It can't fail when it's non-existent. 😄 Anyway, in-game and forum moderation are basically the same. What applies to one should apply to the other. Regarding risks of giving a mod position to any person here, well, yeah, of course, and big ones at that. It's not for everyone, especially if they're not able to choose between a friendship and a ban, for example.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

It can't fail when it's non-existent. 😄 Anyway, in-game and forum moderation are basically the same. What applies to one should apply to the other. Regarding risks of giving a mod position to any person here, well, yeah, of course, and big ones at that. It's not for everyone, especially if they're not able to choose between a friendship and a ban, for example.

I can`t disagree. Before the day i became a moderator i said to friends that I will ban them and asked them to do not break any rules. I've been a moderator for 3 months and leave them with a headache. Most of people were too toxic. Many people think that I am toxic. Maybe they are right.

11 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I can`t disagree. Before the day i became a moderator i said to friends that I will ban them and asked them to do not break any rules. I've been a moderator for 3 months and leave them with a headache. Most of people were too toxic. Many people think that I am toxic. Maybe they are right.

Out of curiosity, just exactly where have you been a moderator for 3 months now?

9 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

Out of curiosity, just exactly where have you been a moderator for 3 months now?

I can`t speak here about that. Some an unofficial fan server of a famous game in the past where many young and toxic people play till today. I guess that till today.

And you?

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

I don't think that hiring mods is a good idea. Better spent this money on development. Forum, most of the time, is good enough even without moderation. Of course not these days when it's overwhelmed by frustrated people. 

And about the game... For serious offences we have a report button. For dealing with trolls... We have ignore. And to deal with them better we need a kick from room option, not a moderators. 

2 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I can`t speak here about that. Some an unofficial fan server of a famous game in the past where many young and toxic people play till today. I guess that till today.

And you?

Twice in the past. Blizzard (Diablo section for a couple of years and then WoW for 2, 3 months) and Second Life later on.

1 minute ago, Charlie Masterson said:

Twice in the past. Blizzard (Diablo section for a couple of years and then WoW for 2, 3 months) and Second Life later on.

Wow, second life? Was it difficult? How many mods were there?

4 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I don't think that hiring mods is a good idea. Better spent this money on development. Forum, most of the time, is good enough even without moderation. Of course not these days when it's overwhelmed by frustrated people. 

And about the game... For serious offences we have a report button. For dealing with trolls... We have ignore. And to deal with them better we need a kick from room option, not a moderators. 

Beeps 👍

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Wow, second life? Was it difficult? How many mods were there?

Yeah, at times it was, the toxicity was there too (that's ever-present, no matter where). Bear in mind this was about 10 years ago, so currently I have no idea how many mods they've got. I think they've changed domains, at least that's what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

Yeah, at times it was, the toxicity was there too (that's ever-present, no matter where). Bear in mind this was about 10 years ago, so currently I have no idea how many mods they've got. I think they've changed domains, at least that's what I've heard.

Another one and mostly populists question: Is Blizzard good or Blizzard sucks? ^_^

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Another one and mostly populists question: Is Blizzard good or Blizzard sucks? ^_^

I'm going to take the diplomatic approach here and say, based on my experience, that they were great 10+ years ago. Nowadays, they're still great, but not as great as they used to be. Again, this is my point of view and my point of view alone. Ask someone else, and they might tell you something different.

Just now, Charlie Masterson said:

I'm going to take the diplomatic approach here and say, based on my experience, that they were great 10+ years ago. Nowadays, they're still great, but not as great as they used to be. Again, this is my point of view and my point of view alone. Ask someone else, and they might tell you something different.

I wanted to get an answer from exactly one who was the moderator there. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I wanted to get an answer from exactly one who was the moderator there. Thank you.

No problem. I still believe they've got a pretty solid and one of the best support platforms when it comes to gaming. On the other hand, I hate what they've done with Warcraft III: Reforged.

41 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I don't think that hiring mods is a good idea. Better spent this money on development.

Yes, and imagine sitting here alone, as a moderator, when the game is not down...

*crickets*

18 hours ago, Charlie Masterson said:

It's still toxic, it's why I took a break from it and came to 3DX lol! 

2 minutes ago, Andaislu said:

It's still toxic, it's why I took a break from it and came to 3DX lol! 

It will be toxic all the days before the 3dxchat servers open x) This is not going the first time here. Wish you a good break after solving the problem.