3DXChat Community

Error 1020 Access Denied

panther0299

Just now, PluushPuussy said:

It's b/c of a DDoS attack, and you'll be compensated for your time.

So it's nothing of my doing then?  Do I just wait a while and hope to get in soon then?  I'd hate to feel like I wasted money on a game I can't even play LOL

3 hours ago, panther0299 said:

Right?  Not a very good first experience LOL.  I thought about getting it a while ago already, actually, but didn't want to pay for something if I wasn't sure if I would keep using it, but I apparently got brave this time about it and paid for a month to see how it is :D

Hi there. It is wise of you that you got a month to try. I did the same thing the first time. 3dx is under ddos attack since yesterday and it can get some days if I am not wrong. There are some tutorials https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/forum/30-tutorials/

Have a good one. :)

2 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

do you mean addicted to a stool in the Sin 🥶😀

I never even got the chance to play yet, I just signed up literally yesterday, and it's been down since, I accessed the site just long enough to create my account LOL

12 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

do you mean addicted to a stool in the Sin 🥶😀

There are a few things that are certain in life. The sun goes up in the morning, goes down in the evening, and Lea is pretty much always in that corner of Sin Club 😆

Just kidding with you Lea.

BTW -- I found that if you read too many massages in this forum you get booted out, I got booted out earlier today for having the audacity of reading messages on this forum. The is only my second message I have posted. I thought I would use the down time to catch up on the forum and learn more about the community.

11 minutes ago, Mulan said:

There are a few things that are certain in life. The sun goes up in the morning, goes down in the evening, and Lea is pretty much always in that corner of Sin Club 😆

Just kidding with you Lea.

Kidding too :)

3 minutes ago, WileCoyote said:

BTW -- I found that if you read too many massages in this forum you get booted out, I got booted out earlier today for having the audacity of reading messages on this forum. The is only my second message I have posted. I thought I would use the down time to catch up on the forum and learn more about the community.

I am aware of limits to how many messages you can post and how many reactions you can send, but not of just reading.

Cloudflare is probably keeping track of IP addresses and if the same IP address visits the same site too many times then it blocks it even if it is a legitimate user. DDoS attacks usually make use of infected computers around the world which then send tens or hundreds of thousands of requests to a specific site which then gets overloaded with requests. One way to try and slow a DDoS attack is the block IP addresses that are making a large amount of requests, the only problem with this is that you can also block legitimate users.

56 minutes ago, Mulan said:

Cloudflare is probably keeping track of IP addresses and if the same IP address visits the same site too many times then it blocks it even if it is a legitimate user. DDoS attacks usually make use of infected computers around the world which then send tens or hundreds of thousands of requests to a specific site which then gets overloaded with requests. One way to try and slow a DDoS attack is the block IP addresses that are making a large amount of requests, the only problem with this is that you can also block legitimate users.

I hope you are joking, this is no way a regular user on a text forum can be mistaken for DDoS attack, especially just reading forum messages, about the lowest traffic thing on the internet. I participate in a number of forums and so far this is the only forum I have ever seen that penalizes users for using the service as designed, you know, reading messages. Most will suspend for posting too many messages, but reading to many, you gotta be kidding me, that is the entire point of a forum, so people can read the messages and in my case, I had not even read all of the messages under one topic. Been a member of the game for just a week and the forum for 2 days and I have to say, poor operations seems to be the theme so far.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:38 AM, panther0299 said:

So I just signed up and paid for a membership, but I am now unable to even get to the members area so I can download the software.  I keep getting the error 1020: Access Denied.  I am unable to get to any page on the website, can't even contact anyone to find out what's going on.  Any idea how to fix this?

I had exactly the same problem. Your CloudFlare protection seems to be a bit over reactive.

Please implement a process as quickly as possible to allow exclude IPs that are blocked or I will have to cancel my subscription since I cannot access 3DXchat anymore.

6 hours ago, RexLuxor said:

I had exactly the same problem. Your CloudFlare protection seems to be a bit over reactive.

Please implement a process as quickly as possible to allow exclude IPs that are blocked or I will have to cancel my subscription since I cannot access 3DXchat anymore.

There's another forum saying there's an attack, I'll give it a little while longer to see what happens.

12 hours ago, panther0299 said:

There's another forum saying there's an attack, I'll give it a little while longer to see what happens.

It's actually unusual for us to hear anything on the weekends during outages, in my experience. Usually, things get dealt with in the beginning of the week. That does depend on if it can be fixable on their end, though... But hey, you'll get the same length or longer subscription out of this, since you seem to have subscribed just before it failed. (They're generally good with reimbursing for lost time, in my experience.)

On 5/16/2020 at 6:42 AM, panther0299 said:

So it's nothing of my doing then?  Do I just wait a while and hope to get in soon then?  I'd hate to feel like I wasted money on a game I can't even play LOL

Don't worry Gizmo has said the lost days will be compensated so you have not wasted any money, you just have to wait a little till things get sorted out with servers and the DDOS attack.

Can someone in the know explain what happens with the server when getting a DDoS? I assume is not as simple as restarting it, otherwise it would be done in mostly one hour. On the other hand I have a hard time thinking there is any physical damage like burned RAM or melted net boards. So what makes it last days to get everything back up?

Hi Whitesnake. DDOS in essence, is like you have 100s people talking to you at the same time, continuosly.  practically after a bit you go nuts. Same with DDOS, the server is bombarded by 100 or 1000 queries and it crashed. Depending with the severity of the attack, it could last hours or days.

Edited by IntroNatika
mispell

2 minutes ago, IntroNatika said:

Hi Whitesnake. DDOS in essence, is like you have 100s people talking to you at the same time, continuosly.  practically after a bit you go nuts. Same with DDOS, the server is bombarded by 100 or 1000 queries and it crashed. Depending with the severity of the attack, it could last hours or days.

Cool, but I fail to understand what the crash could do that a restart can't solve. Servers are restarted "for maintenance" or other reasons often, and usually there is a pre-alert sent to users that the server will be off for several hours (that for maintenance) or even less. So what can a severe DDoS attack do to a server?