3DXChat Community

DDos Attack !

Maxinejuicer

punishment is important but taking advantage of alternate ways to connect and having several options available to us would allow us to have something rather than nothing... skype is working right now and has not been attacked for example... we can chat over it and information can be shared in real-time over it... why not have a version of 3dxchat that allows us to connect our skype accounts together while hosting the 3d portion of the game rendered locally on our own machines?

25 minutes ago, VeronicaZ said:

punishment is important but taking advantage of alternate ways to connect and having several options available to us would allow us to have something rather than nothing... skype is working right now and has not been attacked for example... we can chat over it and information can be shared in real-time over it... why not have a version of 3dxchat that allows us to connect our skype accounts together while hosting the 3d portion of the game rendered locally on our own machines?

I totally agree! would be awesome

Billion dollar companies with top tier security, still manages to get hacked and ddos'd. The matter of the fact is, you cannot protect yourself from this, all you can do is make it too troublesome for them to bother. At the end of the day though, if they want to do it then they can. Just accept it, and be glad Gizmo and co. actually tries to fix it.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

One thing I learned that I didn't know is that during a DDoS attack like this on the game the forum goes down as well.  Wouldn't it be better to have them in separate places/servers?

As far as I understood they are:

14 hours ago, Doc said:

One thing I learned that I didn't know is that during a DDoS attack like this on the game the forum goes down as well.  Wouldn't it be better to have them in separate places/servers?

The forums are hosted on a separate server. Also the game itself has a few servers hosting it. There is the login server, and the main server handling the game

1 hour ago, Cruna said:

The forums are hosted on a separate server. Also the game itself has a few servers hosting it. There is the login server, and the main server handling the game

Really?  So the DDoS attack also killed the forum for a time on a different server too?  Wow!

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Really?  So the DDoS attack also killed the forum for a time on a different server too?  Wow!

It could have been separately targeted, and since its just basically a web page sent over https,  cloudflare works to mitigate the attack .  Hard to know without having specific info about the attack .  Also sometimes separate servers sometimes use shared resources for  basic functions like authentication, which would make an attack on one keep both down until the functions are separated, but no idea if that is what happened here. 

26 minutes ago, Mulan said:

Some interesting reading on pages 8-10 which tells you what a DDoS attack is and how much it typically costs from the cybercriminal market.

https://www.trendmicro.de/cloud-content/us/pdfs/security-intelligence/white-papers/wp-russian-underground-101.pdf

It is a white paper from Trend Micro, the anti-virus and web security company, so the link is legit.

Interesting read .. Thanks Mulan!

1 hour ago, Mulan said:

which tells you what a DDoS attack is and how much it typically costs from the cybercriminal market.

its funny how everybody talks about that 150 US$ ddos you can order on the deepweb,
Yet many ddos attacks are being run from legit services that are way to easy to abuse for this kind of shit.

1 minute ago, Caren said:

Does anyone else have an issue where your access to the forum is randomly banned, please?

Thank you!

Caren

Yep. I was just banned for an hour... Reading on it, it seems to be connected to the ongoing DDoS issue.

30 minutes ago, PAGOS said:

For 24 hours... GTA 5 servers are down and not in the game, still not working

I think Covid-19 is spread everywhere 🤢🤨😝

yP6tK1.jpg

Easy explained - they gave (or still give) GTA V away @ Epic Game Store ... I am not into this type of game (naaaa not comparable with 3dx at all ^^) but free is free - so I reserved a license :P