3DXChat Community

Beating dead horse ... Room kicks by owner

2 minutes ago, R0bT said:

well, to be honest if it was a priority, it would already be in game. at the very least its not important to them at all to include it, That much is clear from actions taken or in this case not taken.

Its not like a kick function would takes months to do

Yes......I suppose that's why the topic is called " Beating a Dead Horse".........

Give tha room owners a mute option. They can mute a player so that they cannot add to local chat. As most Trolls crave attention and an audience this would end that. 

An idea is all, ...…..Kick/Ban/Igg they are all options......

Kick from a room could last 24 hrs and should be fo tha offenders entire Account NOT Alt. ( If this feature was ever included )

Ban from a Room...Hmmmmm…. pointless considering tha other two options if they were in place. Banning is tha same as an Igg....Kick from room then Igg. ( Eet could be argued tho that a single option of Ban would do both with one click and be Account wide. )

Theres two sides to this argument that ah see....ive been to events where someone will make eet their mission to ruin eet…...filling tha Local with trash talk and in this instance blocking an entrance to a catwalk as tha Event was a Fashion Show. In this example eet realleh disrupted just a fun event and there was no reason to other than they wanted to cause trubbs.

In this instance a Ban feature would have been welcome to be honest, they were just a nasty person wif an axe to grind fo some reason and Igging them required everyone to do so which isn't practical.

On tha other hand tho, this power could be wielded bah tha number of thin skinned Dram Queens n Kings in this game to Ban peeps fo tiny lil personal infractions they consider worthy of a Ban...……...We all know how this will go...………...if ya don't then climb out from under ya rock 😋

BUT.....should peeps who would use this feature wif wisdom and fairness wif a calm soul be robbed of this feature because tha unbalanced ones would use dis as a control mechanism and cause even more division amongst tha player base.

Personally ah tink tha Devs see tha possible Scenarios and want to avoid this trap, they havnt spoke about eet, offered eet or implemented eet so that says sumting. 

Still mah view is a Psych Test fo all who join, eets tha onleh way 🤣

I agree mostly with what Allie has just said but for the part where she said the ban feature being miss used by thin skinned peeps. She actually did point out something before she said that which is the point I am about to make. The ban feature is already there, by using the ignore. So the thin skinned peeps can already ban people for stupid reasons. Yes some may kick people for stupid reasons but I don't think that would happen that often. If someone was to continually do that then they wouldn't be to successful at having many people want to keep going to their events. 

The devs have spoken about the kick option a few times, they have twice now said they will add it. But for some reason they haven't. Likely they don't have it on the very important list. For the amount of times it has been brought up in these forums they should. Maybe because a large part his player base is now the kind of people that want to be able to play games with people, be ass holes. 3DXChat makes it easier for them to do their thing than any other games and maybe Gizmo sees that as his prime market. I went into RLC once a long time ago where a guy there talking about 3DXChat put it best, he said, 3DXChat makes it so easy for assholes to do asshole things that all the assholes have migrated there.

11 hours ago, jadekhali said:

Wow!......Something even Ex,Chloe,Derai and Jade can agree upon!......How often does THAT happen folks!........IT JUST HAS TO BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO!     :)

Exactly!  When was the last time four people on this forum agreed on anything? 😄

Guys, the current ignore system and a potential ban feature, aren't the same at all. A ban would still allow communication between you and the banned person.

Like i stated several times, troublemakers should be dealt with in a SUITABLE manner. Why you have to put everyone on ignore is beyond me...

Wanting to get rid of troublemakers in my room, doesn't mean I personally want them on my ignorelist and thereby "banned" permanently from my content.

Even if they cause trouble, you don't know why... sure, most of them are probably trolls, but it could be someone else typing on their account, them having a bad day or simply being drunk beyond reason.

Point is, ignore is permanent, kick and ban isn't and those would still allow the culprits to justify themselves... to get a second chance and whatnot.

17 minutes ago, JuIsMu said:

Guys, the current ignore system and a potential ban feature, aren't the same at all. A ban would still allow communication between you and the banned person.

Like i stated several times, troublemakers should be dealt with in a SUITABLE manner. Why you have to put everyone on ignore is beyond me...

Wanting to get rid of troublemakers in my room, doesn't mean I personally want them on my ignorelist and thereby "banned" permanently from my content.

Even if they cause trouble, you don't know why... sure, most of them are probably trolls, but it could be someone else typing on their account, them having a bad day or simply being drunk beyond reason.

Point is, ignore is permanent, kick and ban isn't and those would still allow the culprits to justify themselves... to get a second chance and whatnot.

I hear ya on this point.  And you are right. 
But it’s also a thing that the Devs here seem to like the ‘easy’ way of fixing things. 
And in that case a slight modification of the existing Ignore system would give much of the functionality that people ask for. 
And ignore is Not permanent, it’s a toggle.

You can decide to unignore them and talk to them again after. 

Another possible scenario fo Room Hosts is being pestered bah patrons with pms asking fo such n such to be kicked and banned. Why do ah say this, wilps ive been playing ova 3 years and ive seen eet all, wilps mostlee…….how pathetic some peeps will act over minor issues and ah just don't want to see new players, those who find eet hard to make frands, those that are misunderstood to cop tha raw end of this feature. Sure tha guy who is abusing everyone in local or trying ta ruin an event is prime candidate fo tha Ban feature.

Tha Room Host will be held more accountable fo any trouble going on in tha room and be expected ta sort eet out. As of now each person takes care of that themselves with tha Ignore feature. How many requests to ban tha guy Colding peeps will tha Host have to endure?

Im not against tha feature because ah outlined a circumstance eet could have been useful......but ah don't want another half assed thought about addon that makes tings worse.

Another difference between tha Ignore Feature and a Ban feature would be tha Banned player would still see all tha rooms in tha rooms list, would those rooms be accompanied bah a Big Red BANNED tag?

Tha igged Player doesn't see these rooms and has no clue wot they are missing out on, oh that Huge party that is rocking at tha top of tha list, Mr Iggy Player has no clue about mostlee but Mr BANNED sees all those peeps having funs and tha Big Red Tag that says Sorry Doosh but you been Banned Frand! 🤣 This might lead to peeps feeling hard done by and possibly retaliation in wot ever way they can...maybs im just guessing wot might happen.

Eets fo tha Devs ta sort out, they ruined tha Ignore Feature so who knows how they may tackle this next one...Baahahaha 😆

All that is needed is a kick from room button, which is what Gizmo said twice now he would add.

If the owner then wants to make sure that player cannot get back in the room the owner can place the offender on iggy.

Simple as that, and very easy to add as the coding is already mostly done and in the game already. A simple button that the owner has that will send the offender to their own room, just like when a player clicks on their room in the UI to go to their own room. When an owner clicks on another player in their room there just needs to be a boot button in there to call that same script to send that player to their own room.

One thing that often happens in these forums is when something is requested and starts off simple, people start adding to it and make it complicated which could be the reason many things get dropped.

6 hours ago, JuIsMu said:

ignore is permanent, kick and ban isn't and those would still allow the culprits to justify themselves... to get a second chance and whatnot.

Being permanent would be a plus for me.  For example one troll I encountered was filling local chat in a room with how they were running around and cutting dicks off.  When told to stop & that they're ruining fun for everyone their response was something along the lines of "I'm just being funny, I'm roleplaying."  -_-

People like do not deserve a second chance.  They need to just fuck off.

Edited by Jada Sinns

I think I would apply temporary ban to serial spammers. Like teach the game to discern if someone is spamming. If a long message is posted too many times in too short a period you or anyone involved in posting it will loose the ability to post anything in that room for the next 24 hours, be it World or Local. Not the next hour, but the next 24. Sometimes people just can't chat because of all the spamming.

Edited by Whitesnake
cleanup and clarification

1 minute ago, Whitesnake said:

I think I would apply temporary ban to serial spammers. Like teach the game to discern if someone is spamming. If a long message is posted too many times in too short a period you or anyone involved in posting it will loose the ability to post anything in that room for the next 24 hours, be it World or Local. Not the next hour, but the next 24. Sometimes people just can't chat because of all the spamming.

You can do that now using ignore.

1 hour ago, Jada Sinns said:

Being permanent would be a plus for me.  For example one troll I encountered was filling local chat in a room with how they were running around and cutting dicks off.  When told to stop & that they're ruining fun for everyone their response was something along the lines of "I'm just being funny, I'm roleplaying."  -_-

People like do not deserve a second chance.  They need to just fuck off.

You are right. Some do not deserve a second chance. People are so concerned with the fact if you ban too many then room counts get lower. People are more likely not to come to your open clubs if you tolerate those who harass your guests.  They either learn or they don't.

Just now, SusanLouisa said:

You can do that now using ignore.

But by the logic of it I risk loosing access to the room of the spammer. On principle I have nothing with the room or with the player, I just find spamming to be obnoxious, and obfuscates conversations. So this would be one area where Ignore wouldn't be best.

As to James, or what ever he is calling himself these days, I do not need to prove or justify anything to him.  Those who act, or defend, people who harass, do not need to be in my rooms.  So I will continue to support the boot for room owners to use at their whim.  Follow room rules or find another room that tolerates your type of behavior. It is as easy as that.

Edited by SusanLouisa

7 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

People are so concerned with the fact if you ban too many then room counts get lower.

I think people put too much value on a room counts.  Some of the best experiences I've had were in rooms with a low count.  It's when I go to a room with close to a 100 people or more that I get bombarded with cold invites & "hi bb, how r u?"  😣

Edited by Jada Sinns

1 minute ago, Jada Sinns said:

I think people put too much value on a room counts.  Some of the best experiences I've had were in rooms with a low count.  It's when I go to a room with close to a 100 people or more that I get bombarded with cold invites & "hi bb, how r u?"  😣

I'd say that's a conversation starter. A cold invite is getting an "X wants to add you as a partner" without any conversational prelude.

10 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

I'd say that's a conversation starter. A cold invite is getting an "X wants to add you as a partner" without any conversational prelude.

I'm sorry @Whitesnake but you completely missed what I was saying.  I meant I get cold invites out of the blue and I also get poor attempts at starting a conversation.  Not always from the same person.

Edited by Jada Sinns

55 minutes ago, Jada Sinns said:

I'm sorry @Whitesnake but you completely missed what I was saying.  I meant I get cold invites out of the blue and I also get poor attempts at starting a conversation.  Not always from the same person.

Looks like I miss the point too often around here, sorry about that :D

Yes, Gizmo liked comments that requested kick and room moderation features in the past, so he obviously isn't against it.

I would think much of the scripting is available already made with how widespread it is in Everything from IRC to RLC, Steam and Origin. Not sure why Gizmo hasn't already done this. I'm sure someone has already created an admin pack for Unity, with how many games are made and hosted with it.

With most, you simply download  the admin pack that you could add to your server within minutes. Having run a fairly large gaming community years ago with a staff of 13 (9 volunteers)  My personal favorite kick was the "bomb." Great for use on those using multiple accounts.   They come back in with "you can't ban me" you click their name and give them a bomb kick and set the timer for how long it beeps till they explode and are kicked. Doesn't make for much fun coming back in with "you can't ban me." 🤣

Then their is De-voice. Got someone who likes to cause a Ruckus with spamming? Take their voice away and they can't type in your room. Everyone can see them, but they can't talk till you give them voice back..

How about that ass who likes to jump on stage to disrupt an event? Well, say hello to "FREEZE." They can't move or talk and turn blue. Great for making statues.

Good times.. good times.

Edited by THX

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, ClaraLust said:

@THX We definitely need all of this in 3DX 😄 But I can already see some people crying about how it would be "unfair", a "power-trip" etc. 😆

Power trip or no - it's still a viable and very necessary option.  Here's why:

We all know that having someone on your ignore list prevents them from seeing your public room in the room list, aye?

We all know that this is generally perceived as a pretty well rounded method of keeping someone who intentionally trolls, indeed?

However, some people are just all around trolls that literally take it upon themselves to do nothing but make other people uncomfortable to be around.

Without going into specifics, there ARE people who will literally enter a room simply because they want to troll the owner and make the place a generally unpleasant room to be in.

You can't reason with them because they refuse to talk to you and just hurl racist, sexist, and homophobic remarks toward all the guests of the room.  As it stands now, the room owner can ignore them, but it doesn't remove them from the room.  So the only current fix is to have the owner ignore and report them, and close and remake the room.  This is detrimental to a party, as it kicks everyone out, etc.  But the troll can't get back in, right?

Wrong.  There exists a certain degree of unpleasant people that will literally get ignored, and, unsatisfied with their inability to continue their behavior, logs on with a second account for round two.  Rinse and repeat.  You've now had to close your room twice.  They come back on a third account.  Then a fourth.  This troll has been banned MANY times before, and has made it perfectly clear they will continue to drop subscription after subscription on getting a new account to continue their vendetta.

We need to be able to kick/ban people from our rooms.

1) But it won't solve them getting a new account/subscription again.  - True, but it will keep the owner from having to close down the room every single damn time.

2) But it will give people a power trip. - So fucking what?  It's the room owner's room.  Why can't they decide who they allow in, or remove?  If you don't want someone unpleasant at your party, affecting your guests, you should be able to remove them.

Cheers,

-L

On 5/29/2020 at 4:20 AM, THX said:

Yes, Gizmo liked comments that requested kick and room moderation features in the past, so he obviously isn't against it.

I would think much of the scripting is available already made with how widespread it is in Everything from IRC to RLC, Steam and Origin. Not sure why Gizmo hasn't already done this. I'm sure someone has already created an admin pack for Unity, with how many games are made and hosted with it.

With most, you simply download  the admin pack that you could add to your server within minutes. Having run a fairly large gaming community years ago with a staff of 13 (9 volunteers)  My personal favorite kick was the "bomb." Great for use on those using multiple accounts.   They come back in with "you can't ban me" you click their name and give them a bomb kick and set the timer for how long it beeps till they explode and are kicked. Doesn't make for much fun coming back in with "you can't ban me." 🤣

Then their is De-voice. Got someone who likes to cause a Ruckus with spamming? Take their voice away and they can't type in your room. Everyone can see them, but they can't talk till you give them voice back..

How about that ass who likes to jump on stage to disrupt an event? Well, say hello to "FREEZE." They can't move or talk and turn blue. Great for making statues.

Good times.. good times.

Some of these ideas remind me of the Halloween effects we have had in the past...when a character touches a pumpkin they turn to a skeleton, or disappear momentarily, and others.

• 1 year later...

Leider wird das Kicken von unliebsamen hier nicht kommen, da Gizmo seiner Fürsorgepflicht nicht nach kommt es ist ein leichtes, die Kicken hier reinzustellen, aber er macht es einfach nicht, darum werde ich auch mal rechtliche Schritte Prüfen müssen und ihn dazu zu zwingen, denn so was darf man nicht einfach vernachlässigen jeder andere Chat hat das nur 3DX nicht. Es ist aber eine Klare Verletztung des EU Rechts mein Onkel ist Anwalt und der sieht sich das jetzt auch mal genauer an und wenn so ein Riese wie Facebook eins auf die Mütze bekommt, was passiert wohl mit so einem kleinen Nichts wie Gizmo ?

20 minutes ago, BettinaBlue said:

Leider wird das Kicken von unliebsamen hier nicht kommen, da Gizmo seiner Fürsorgepflicht nicht nach kommt es ist ein leichtes, die Kicken hier reinzustellen, aber er macht es einfach nicht, darum werde ich auch mal rechtliche Schritte Prüfen müssen und ihn dazu zu zwingen, denn so was darf man nicht einfach vernachlässigen jeder andere Chat hat das nur 3DX nicht. Es ist aber eine Klare Verletztung des EU Rechts mein Onkel ist Anwalt und der sieht sich das jetzt auch mal genauer an und wenn so ein Riese wie Facebook eins auf die Mütze bekommt, was passiert wohl mit so einem kleinen Nichts wie Gizmo ?

It is enough to ignore a player to kick him/her of the room.