3DXChat Community

Beating dead horse ... Room kicks by owner

There are quite often trolls in Russian locations, they go into the room and throw the host into the ignore sheet, and the host can do nothing at all(( or even there is a way for trolls to bypass the ignore sheet, they go into the location even if they are in the ignore, but this is a weakness of the game and when it is used it can be punished by blocking the account. And making the host of the location wider is a very good way to protect the party. 

BTW apologies for the tone below ... I wrote this before fully catching up on the posts above ... most of what I was trying to say has been explained above by others in a more polite and simple manner ....

I offered deputizing room bouncers as an example of feature v2 to consider. Notice I said "option" and specifically "extension". Once you get data back about how the room kicks are working (or not), a dev can decide if that follow on feature is worth their time to do.

And I'm not talking about a public room ... I don't give a flying f&*^ what anyone gets up to at Sins or Love Island or The Beach. But in my space? You misbehave and break the basic social contract we all have to get along? Start blasting the N-word our in Local (seen that)? Disrupt the dancers (seen that too)? Start colding every woman in the room (every bloody day)? I get to kick you out.

My room, my rules ... not sure why this is too hard to understand. Let me ask this ...

If I came over to your house, broke in, started screaming racial slang and obscenities, got right up into your personal space, and ran around naked ... you're okay with that? Or are you gonna call the cops? And do not argue that my online spaces are different ... still my space.

You want to stay in my room? That I spent possibly weeks building that I share maybe two hours a week to let people enjoy themselves in my space? Start behaving like you want to. Start acting like a (relatively) mature adult and we'll get along fine. Start screaming about "ass-rape" in Local (seen that too!) and you need my 28.5/34 end load (that I can still hit a ball 350 feet with) upside your head.

I'm on a power trip only in that I find idiots who act out there immature behaviors for attention to be about the worst of the players here. I pay to play too ... and if I don;t like you, I want a simple way of kicking you from my space and adding you to my iggy list so you don't come back.

Yeah, I want that little tiny bit of extra power so that when I iggy you in my room you get kicked out, so every one of the other 50-100 people who are also offended by some racist dickhead don't have to individually iggy that special someone. That's wasting the time they paid for to not have that sort of crap happen (if we're trying to bring in the paying for playing debate).

Then again, the stupid ones I just line up with a friend who invites them home for 15 seconds (the promise of sex works very well on the young'ens), we both iggy them, friend comes back, and problem solved.

Or maybe I expect too much politeness and empathy from people these days?

I am 5,300 years old after all, and get bored easily.

Edited by GoddessBastet
spelling

On 5/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, Whitesnake said:

Pff, so is the other way around, wtf?!

Yes. If you are in my room and I put you on my iggy list, you "poof" and we do not see one another (in the backend, I assume the DB updates both our entries, so you do not see me either). My issue is that you are still in my room. I may not see you or your posts in Local, but everyone else in the room still does. I do see them posting about a person's ongoing behavioral issues which means my guests are now not having fun.

Now, if you leave, then you will not see me and therefore my room in the Locations tab, so you can't ever find my rooms ever again to come back to, at that moment or in the future, the same way we will never see each other's avatars, posts, etc.

I want a way to simply push you out, send you home, and add you to my iggy list in one feel swoop. You still can go anywhere public you want, open rooms, generic locations, etc, just not my room anymore. I want it to happen when a person is being disruptive, not wait til the next time I open to have you gone. (Ideally, I'd like your trip home accompanied by a dialogue box that says "You have been kicked out of {insertRoomName} by the owner for disruptive behavior." Ideally.)

And again, I apologize if my earlier posts came off as angry. I'm just frustrated that for my two years there has been nothing done to address this very common issue.

Edited by GoddessBastet

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which started this whole online social thing - and is still around and used by millions worldwide still,  has used the the Kick. Ban, Kick/ban, De-voice, Founder(Owner), SOP (Super Op) and AOP (Assistant Op) system for over 30 years and it's levels of power.   RLC (Red Light Center) which adopted this system has used it effectively for 15 years. STEAM uses this system.

Owner: Can't be kicked by anyone, Godlike Powers.

SOP's: Can only be kicked and banned by owner. Can kick or ban anyone below them. SOP's cannot be ignored. Even if someone chooses iggy, they are visible in the room they are a SOP in.

AOP's: Can be kicked and banned by SOPS or Owner.  Can Kick and ban anyone below them.  Cannot be ignored in a room either.

Can a owner pick someone who is a bad choice for SOP or AOP that goes on a power trip? Of Course. The owner then removes them as they are not serving the owners interests. Should a owner be picky in who they give such powers too as it reflects on them? Yes.

If kicks and bans occur in someones rooms for bad reasons you get a bad rep and people don't want to be there. In a game without staff moderators in game to make rapid decisions, a community based policing system is the most effective system.

As I said, this system has been around for over 30 years. It is tried and true - and effective. Just implement what has been tried and true for over 30 years.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, James556 said:

No need for it, we already have the ignore option..if you're that much of a snowflake i suggest you go back to your RLC safespace rooms 

IRC Chumlee.

At least make an effort to understand a concept before you put your foot in your mouth..

As for your statement it is not needed... that is irrelevant to me.

Edited by THX

41 minutes ago, James556 said:

IRC IRS or RLC  or whichever safe space you prefer snowflake, things are just fine here for us and they will stay that way.

You sound fearful Snowflake.  Maybe that is why you worry about an end to an ignore system that can be circumnavigated and is ineffective.

What are your in game names again?

Edited by THX

On 5/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, Whitesnake said:

Pff, so is the other way around, wtf?!

I could ignore everyone in my open club.  They would remain in my club I just would not be able to hear them or see them.

8 hours ago, James556 said:

No need for it, we already have the ignore option..if you're that much of a snowflake i suggest you go back to your RLC safespace rooms 

Ahhhh….typical name calling from someone of your leaning.  Run out of logical facts to back your argument?  

5 hours ago, James556 said:

The ignore system is extremely effective and have been since the release of this game, again i suggest you seek other games which lets you host safe spaces.

My in-game name is Nunya.

Well then that explains plenty.  The avi by that name has a history of entering a room and colding every female in the room continuously.  He does not take NO for an answer. THIS is how he plays the game.  He has been on my ignore for quite some time.  So if there is the ability to boot him he can't have any fun harassing everyone.  It is because of people exactly like him that we all request it in the first place.  Kick him out then put him on permanent ignore.

Edited by SusanLouisa

11 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Him and those like him I presume. Meaning they enjoy sending a cold invite to their apartment to the same woman over and over, back to back, till she does ignore them.

Or bullying and insulting people in local chat and calling this crap "freedom of speech".

1 hour ago, James556 said:

The joke here was "nunya business", its ok ..don't feel stupid my dudes. 

And here I was thinking the joke was you. 
Oh well. Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by Derai

2 hours ago, James556 said:

The joke here was "nunya business", its ok ..don't feel stupid my dudes. 

That may have been why you chose your Avi name, but there is an Avi on my ignore list with that name.  

So joke is on you if you chose to be childish and not give your real Avi name. Either way you now carry that reputation.  Never did you deny this is what you do.

YOU are on my ignore and shall stay there.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, JuIsMu said:

A kick would simply remove them from the room immediately, not actually cutting them off from that content permanently though.

Some games ban for 15 minutes after a kick/boot, others permanently.  It would be nice to have an option built into the kick.

Could be done with a ‘Remove from room’ and a separate ‘Remove and Ignore’ option for room hosts. Making the first Remove last for x amount of time. 

Alternatively, just add a Automatic ‘Room Closed’ for any two people that are ignoring each other. 
Iggy a guest, the room closes for -them- only.

Guest ignores the Room Host, same thing. 

Edited by Derai

54 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Some games ban for 15 minutes after a kick/boot, others permanently.  It would be nice to have an option built into the kick.

A kick is nothing more than the instant removal from a certain location. 😜

When you're prevented from using the service after a kick, it's referred to as a ban. These measures in todays games and the like originate from IRC, the mother of modern socializing in the internet. I think we can quote @THX on that real quick.

16 hours ago, THX said:

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which started this whole online social thing - and is still around and used by millions worldwide still,  has used the the Kick. Ban, Kick/ban, De-voice, Founder(Owner), SOP (Super Op) and AOP (Assistant Op) system for over 30 years and it's levels of power.   RLC (Red Light Center) which adopted this system has used it effectively for 15 years. STEAM uses this system.

"..."

As I said, this system has been around for over 30 years. It is tried and true - and effective. Just implement what has been tried and true for over 30 years.

The kick is simply the most harmless of any measures, instantly removing disturbing people from your moderated space. They're able to continue joining and keep bugging you though afterwards. For stubborn people like that, you use harsher methods like temporary, permanent bans or even something like z-lines, which block your ip adress.

And yeah, it would be nice to have all those measures available to deal with troublemakers in a suitable manner... not everyone (should) deserves a ban.

Edited by JuIsMu

13 hours ago, James556 said:

The ignore system is extremely effective and have been since the release of this game, again i suggest you seek other games which lets you host safe spaces.

My in-game name is Nunya.

I suggest you know what your talking about before commenting Skippy. 

The fact you couldn't even identify the three letter  source of one of the oldest systems of management (IRC) within minutes of replying tells one thing. 

The other fact you try to ineffectively argue a broken system that can be spoofed is a 'good enough' tells the rest.

It seems you fear what would happen to you with an effective system. All the more reason to get one. 

Let's also get back ignores and bans that effect all profiles on an account. Then you will have Nunya reasons to whine anymore. And players will have Nunya reasons to care about changed profiles which would make who they allow in their rooms Nunya buisness.

Edited by THX

3 hours ago, JuIsMu said:

A kick is nothing more than the instant removal from a certain location. 😜

When you're prevented from using the service after a kick, it's referred to as a ban. These measures in todays games and the like originate from IRC, the mother of modern socializing in the internet. I think we can quote @THX on that real quick.

Without at least a temporary ban after a kick you leave them the opportunity to immediately return rendering the kick totally useless.

30 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Without at least a temporary ban after a kick you leave them the opportunity to immediately return rendering the kick totally useless.

That's basically what I stated in my post too...

We should have all possible measures available to deal with troublemakers in a suitable manner.

For most people a kick should be enough to make them understand they're unwanted.

But if you ask me, we should be able to dish out temporary and permanent bans aswell, for the persistent bunch.... even down to the decssion if only that avatar or the account is affected...

EDIT:

Oh and for that "ignore is enough and does exactly that"-faction...

I don't necessaryly want everyone, I want gone from my room, on my ignorelist... Neither do I want to stop people, I don't want to deal with personally, from joining my rooms. 

The ignore function should do what it's supposed to do... stop me from seeing their messages and vice versa. Right now it does that AND ban people (without actually kicking them though).

Edited by JuIsMu
Addition

I don’t know much about programming but I guess expanding on an existing function is easier then coding in something entirely new. 

Wouldn’t most of the issues be resolved if the current Ignore function would just boot you from the room? Either if you get ignored by the host, or if you iggy the host. 
Seems to me that would solve most asked for issues with the least amount of work involved. 

56 minutes ago, Derai said:

I don’t know much about programming but I guess expanding on an existing function is easier then coding in something entirely new. 

Wouldn’t most of the issues be resolved if the current Ignore function would just boot you from the room? Either if you get ignored by the host, or if you iggy the host. 
Seems to me that would solve most asked for issues with the least amount of work involved. 

You are right. Iggy should kick the ignored person out of the room. The implementation would be pretty easy - you already receive an event, that somebody ignored you - this is used to disable chat communication and to hide the other Avatar.

3 minutes ago, James556 said:

Yep Mr. Susan fell right into it, just goes to show his IQ and poor impulse who has to make up false stories just to feel good about himself.

You are the best example why the room kick/ban feature is so much needed. Having someone like you in the room and letting you ruin the atmosphere with your trash talk would be pretty unpleasant. Good thing that the ones like you usually get drooling from a cold appartment invite from a random girl and eagerly press accept button. But still too much efforts.

2 minutes ago, James556 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody cares about 2% of the player-base who whines about Kick system. Things will stay as they are, you want your own little safe space then host friends only rooms otherwise use the ignore system.

-sincerely rest of the 98% including Gizmo 

Where did you get this statistics? From your head? Not very reliable source of information lol.

10 minutes ago, James556 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody cares about 2% of the player-base who whines about Kick system. Things will stay as they are, you want your own little safe space then host friends only rooms otherwise use the ignore system.

-sincerely rest of the 98% including Gizmo 

How long have you been speaking for Gizmo?