3DXChat Community

Beating dead horse ... Room kicks by owner

I know this is beating a dead horse, but has there ever been any word/intention/rumour of allowing a room owner to kick people from their public room?

It's annoying to force 50-100 people to each individually have to ban some racist/misogynistic jerk running around a popular public room screaming in Local. Everyone's seen it, everyone knows precisely what I'm talking about. The room owner should have the ability to click on that user and "Book/Kick" him (usually a him, though not always) from the room. Technically, and in this order, the server puts that person back in their home location, owner user has that kicked user added to their iggy list behind the scenes, and problem solved. The kicked user can no longer see the owners room listed in the locations list and, therefore, can't re-enter to continue their "fun". No one banned from the game, just removed from a room.

An extension to this would be the option of "deputizing" certain friends of the owner to also perform this function. We already have "security" and "bouncer" types in certain popular rooms to add the the atmosphere (Aidra's, some of the popular clubs) who are often in uniform, so it would be cool to see those people also have this ability on behalf of room owners to kick people out.

I'm aware that people often create friends-only spaces for special occasions like weddings, which usually solves this issue. This is a problem mainly for the large public spaces.

Thoughts, or background history of this idea, I may have missed in the two years I've been playing?

Edited by AmeliaKitty
spelling

Not sure which thread it was in but Gizmo once said this was a good idea (think it was within the last 6-8 months) which suggests they looked, or are looking, at adding it, but I don't recall seeing anything since.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen some people say having the ability to boot people from rooms could led to issues of people becoming power hungry and booting people for the slightest issue.Β 

This has always seemed like a weird concern to me.Β  Don't room owners want a lot of people in their rooms to begin with?

Plus if a troll keeps getting booted from roomΒ after roomΒ then just maybe they will realize they're aren't someone with an edgy sense of humor but are just your typical asshole.

Edited by Jada Sinns

4 hours ago, Jada Sinns said:

I seen some people say having the ability to boot people from rooms could led to issues of people becoming power hungry and booting people for the slightest issue.Β 

This has always seemed like a weird concern to me.Β  Don't room owners want a lot of people in their rooms to begin with?

Plus if a troll keeps getting booted from roomΒ after roomΒ then just maybe they will realize they're aren't someone with an edgy sense of humor but are just your typical asshole.

This reasoning by a lot of people is utter nonsense though...

It's the hosts room, if he doesn't want certain people in it, it's his choice... no matter the reason.

That has nothing to do with being power hungry or whatever... besides, it's not different now, just that you end up on ignore lists for the "slightest issues" and are banned from rooms permanently. I don't see how being able to kick people would be worse than that.Β πŸ˜’

Β 

17 hours ago, R0bT said:

no room kick please, would restrict my trolling opportunities.Β 

I'll make an exception for you, okay? πŸ˜ƒ

20 hours ago, Jada Sinns said:

I can already iggy you for any reason I want, be it major (encouraging male rape fantasies), moderate (running around naked on stage and hugging dancers to unsync them), or minor (OMG, open toed heels and stockings? now I know you're not female behind that avi ... I mean, wtf? Okay, that last one is not really a hard and fast dress rule, but you gotta have the right nylons for that.).

I want to be able to iggy you and remove you so you can't come back, regardless of reason. My room, my rules. Don't like it? Tough. If you came int my RL home and pulled your dick out, you'd be on outside the same damn way. Hell, I iggy every single one of Tiziana's stupid syncophants who repost her room banner in WC because they are simply cheating the 60 second cool down ban (PS. thanks for the butt plug gift in reply, Tiz, it's come in handy!)

Yes, I'd love a lot of people in my room (it's a temple actually, but same diff). Or in my friend's rooms that I have made. But I want relatively nice folks who are having fun, nice being rather loosely defined here in 3dx. I don't want disruptive assholes and outright bigots flooding the Local channel with racist and misogynistic comments all night.

Trolls realizing the error of their ways? How new are you? (Rhetorical question, I know you're not new and I have seen you before in game, hi!!!) I'm only two years here but have had more than enough of harassment and stalking and repeated trolling and general dumb-ass fuckery here to know that this place is often a cesspool of the worst in human behavior. I have never seen any well-known troll in 3dx (the ones with multiple avatars who stalk and harass or are just outfight whiny dicks) ever change their ways. Assholes are gonna asshole. I grant you, some are just being funny ... but too many others are seemingly angry bigots with 3dx open in one window, and 4chan in another, spewing such stupid vitriol it's hard to wonder how they manage to get by IRL.

Being "anonymous" seems to give license to people to misbehave and amplify their already entitled and bro-culture tendencies. Sure, it happens in every MMO, I'm not naive at my age, but if I can at least stop it in my club, then at least my guests and I don't have to suffer quite as much.

Edited by GoddessBastet
spelling

8 minutes ago, R0bT said:

I was joking mostly, thats one thing i never do, troll peoples user rooms. Not cool.Β  I am actually for a kick option

I know! Hugs!!!!! 😻

I actually enjoy and have fun with some of the "odd" personas in game that others find annoying for their own reasons ... again, one man's meat is another man's poison, and all that. I won't mention names specifically, but love my sweet sweet cookie drones πŸͺ

Edited by GoddessBastet

10 minutes ago, GoddessBastet said:

I'll make an exception for you, okay? πŸ˜ƒ

I can already iggy you for any reason I want, be it major (encouraging male rape fantasies), moderate (running around naked on stage and hugging dancers to unsync them), or minor (OMG, open toed heels and stockings? now I know you're not female behind that avi ... I mean, wtf? Okay, that last one is not really a hard and fast dress rule, but you gotta have the right nylons for that.).

Β 

Noooooooooo...

Stop giving female dressing advices to dudes. Now we'll have one less criteria to uncover some granpa playing 22 yrs old girl. ;)

1 hour ago, James556 said:

Kick won't be added in 3dx, you have the ignore feature..use it and next time you open the room they won't be coming in. Also It wouldn'tΒ hurt to grow some thick skin...they areΒ just words and pixels, don't waste your life bawlingΒ over it for christ's sake.

Managing your room in some way is a must have feature, the ignore function does not kick anyone out of a room so as long as the person is still inside they can continue with whatever they do. As someone who is hosting a RP room once in a while this can ruin the experience of all your guests because you cant kick someone out.

2 hours ago, R0bT said:

as someone who has been accused of being a troll a time or 50, I can say with near certainty the vast majority of them arent going to have a come to Jesus moment and all of sudden decide they want to be a better person because they are banned from a room, they will just move on to another room

Well a person can always hope.  No reason to give up without trying ✌😁

Edited by Jada Sinns

If it's that big of a deal then maybe we can have a separateΒ tabΒ for "managed rooms" and leave the publiclyΒ hosted rooms as they are. Will thatΒ quench your thirst?

If it's that big of a deal for you to grant hosts actual control over their OWN rooms, stay out of themΒ and use the official rooms instead. Will that ease your concerns?Β πŸ€ͺ

If it's that big of a deal then maybe we can have a separateΒ tabΒ for "managed rooms" and leave the publiclyΒ hosted rooms as they are. Will thatΒ quench your thirst?

I don't understand why it would be a problem to give hosts basic tools to control their own room and there would be no need for a managed rooms tab as all of them would have the same tools at hand.Β  And as Lux said it, many clubs do have bouncers because there are always people that don't like to behave.Β 

It is public for a reason. You can also make private rooms.

Β 

The power of kick or ban, even just temporary, is too great to be handed to one person alone. I suppose an disgraced individual needs to be a nuisance for more people at once to deserve such punitive measures. So on principle I do not agree with kick/ban from public maps even by the owner. You can just add them to Ignore list and they'll be gone for good.

18 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

It is public for a reason. You can also make private rooms.

Β 

The power of kick or ban, even just temporary, is too great to be handed to one person alone. I suppose an disgraced individual needs to be a nuisance for more people at once to deserve such punitive measures. So on principle I do not agree with kick/ban from public maps even by the owner. You can just add them to Ignore list and they'll be gone for good.

Seriously guys....

ONCE AGAIN: How exactly is a temporary kick, which you claim to be too powerfull, worse than a permanent ban on a whim, forΒ every room theΒ banning playerΒ might host in the future?

You're basically against a less harsh alternative for banning, because it's too harsh?! That doesn't make sense...Β πŸ˜‘

4 minutes ago, JuIsMu said:

Seriously guys....

ONCE AGAIN: How exactly is a temporary kick, which you claim to be too powerfull, worse than a permanent ban on a whim, forΒ every room theΒ banning playerΒ might host in the future?

You're basically against a less harsh alternative for banning, because it's too harsh?! That doesn't make sense...Β πŸ˜‘

You probably misread my comment, or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

The difference between ignore and kick/ban is that ignore denies someone access to your person, whereasΒ Β kick/ban on the other hand denies access to game content and the rest of the community which may be in that public room. Whatever problem you have with the player you wanna ban, it is just between you and them. You can refuse them access to your person and to your private room, but not to game contentΒ like public rooms and the rest of the community. That player pays just as much as you do to be here.

I am against banning or kicking from roomsΒ for any reason, no matter who owns the room.Β the option of "deputizing" certainΒ friends of the ownerΒ to also perform this functionΒ already sounds like OP is on a power trip. Sure, let's weaponize the others against some tiny prick because Ignore is not enough, yes?

Grow up.

6 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

The difference between ignore and kick/ban is that ignore denies someone access to your person, whereasΒ Β kick/ban on the other hand denies access to game content and the rest of the community which may be in that public room. Whatever problem you have with the player you wanna ban, it is just between you and them. You can refuse them access to your person and to your private room, but not to game contentΒ like public rooms and the rest of the community. That player pays just as much as you do to be here.

I am against banning or kicking from roomsΒ for any reason, no matter who owns the room.Β the option of "deputizing" certainΒ friends of the ownerΒ to also perform this functionΒ already sounds like OP is on a power trip. Sure, let's weaponize the others against some tiny prick because Ignore is not enough, yes?

Grow up.

I hope you realize that if the owner ignores the culprit, that culprit will never be able to see owner's room again.

This mean ignore is "denying access to the game content" much more that a simple kick.

Just now, Lux lnterior said:

I hope you realize that if the owner ignores the culprit, that culprit will never be able to see owner's room again.

This mean ignore is "denying access to the game content" much more that a simple kick.

Hmm, this one I did not know. But then why is there a need for ban/kick if ignore does the thing already?

14 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

Grow up.

When you put someone on your ignore list, they won't see your rooms in the public section anymore, thereby you banned them from game content and the rest of the community, like you said.

A kick would simply remove them from the room immediately, not actually cutting them off from that content permanently though.

EDIT: well, ignore this post since Lux was faster and stated basically the same thing.Β πŸ€ͺ

Edited by JuIsMu