3DXChat Community

Pm chat between active users in 3dx platform and users logged into some form of chat app not in 3dx game platform

I hope I communicate this clearly. 
I would like to see a feature (and maybe it already exists) for a user who is not logged in to 3dxchat, directly in game, to be able send and receive PMs from some sort of chat application with active on line users. This would show to the active user just as an in game PM. If you need more clarity just ask and I’ll do my best.

I know a lot use discord but that requires an active user in 3dx  to be logged into and monitor 2 platforms. 

Edited by whoisabefroman

On 5/13/2020 at 4:33 AM, whoisabefroman said:

I hope I communicate this clearly. 
I would like to see a feature (and maybe it already exists) for a user who is not logged in to 3dxchat, directly in game, to be able send and receive PMs from some sort of chat application with active on line users. This would show to the active user just as an in game PM. If you need more clarity just ask and I’ll do my best.

I know a lot use discord but that requires an active user in 3dx  to be logged into and monitor 2 platforms. 

Why? You can pm ppl inside game

Why u need another app? 

Hi Alivia, hope your well.

The use case is to provide users with the ability to communicate directly with their online “friends list” In the event they can not be in front of a computer and logged in to 3dxchat. 

For example I know a group of my friends almost always gets on at 5pm every Friday. If I have something I have or need to do that will keep me from logging in to the game it would at least be nice to participate in the conversation with them.

What he's talking about is the ability to communicate with friends through the 3dxchat chatsystem, without actually being inside the game, a feature i've been missing too.

Other games have it too, imagine you'd have a chat on the website besides the forum, which is connected with the ingame chat. 

Edited by JuIsMu

34 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

well discord exists, doesn't it?

Yes discord provides a method for two people to message each other. It also means that the user that is actively playing in 3dxchat must now be logged into discord as well and be monitoring that platform for messages. The user experience in that scenario leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally I like the separation. There are only a few friends I want to keep in contact with outside of the game. Also, when you are outside of the game, you are not necessarily at your PC, you may be replying to messages from your phone which for the best experience would require a mobile app for iOS and Android.

We already have additional chat apps, like discord as it was mentioned here. And everybody who wants to be online on an external chat app, can be. but also they can simply avoid external pm-s for any reason, if they chose. So I don't know what purpose would serve to have a new chat app for this.

What I would like to see is an ingame chat overhaul. With more chat features like posted gifs, working links, and also a feature to set yourself as "busy/afk" that would make users be notified when they write, that the person they speak to is not available. Just like the offline notification, but being able to set ourselves "away" or "AFK"

Edited by Cruna

On 5/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, R0bT said:

I have a better idea, fuck the chat apps and fix the glitches 

This is the Development and Suggestions part of the forum. Not the Technical Support section.

Fixing bugs and glitches is not a feature, and also not a suggestion we should forward. It's a technical problem which they should fix regardless of what ideas we are talking about here. They have to be fixed and as soon as possible. The development team is doing a very poor job in that regard.

However...

We chat about technical issues in the Support section. Let's stay on the topic here

Edited by Cruna

30 minutes ago, R0bT said:

well actually it was very much on topic, not only did i give my opinion on the idea, I stated why i came to that conclusion..... You're welcome

well you gave your opinion on something totally unrelated, in a desperate attempt to sound cool, that's all. Cheers

Edited by Cruna

I think the idea has some merit although I would want a clear distinction and level of security around it. 
There already are some that get rather creepy about trying to find out locations and such from people on 3DX, and as shown with the recent DDOS attack, there are those that like to see the game go down for shits and giggles. 

Having another ‘entry point’ onto the 3DX chat servers then sounds like a bad idea. Security wise. 

Not sure if I’m explaining this right. 

12 minutes ago, R0bT said:

I would hardly call one post on a subject desperate. I suggest you google words before you use them. I will even help a noob out and give you the definition. No need to thank me, its my help a noob moment for the month.    Im such a good guy....

Whats desperate is your feeble attempt to make a name for yourself by bickering with me, It shall not work, begone noob!  

RobT Out!

desperate
[ˈdesp(ə)rət]

ADJECTIVE
  1. feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.
    "a desperate sadness enveloped Ruth"
    synonyms:
    despairing · hopeless · anguished · distressed · in despair · suicidal · miserable · wretched · desolate · forlorn · disheartened · discouraged · demoralized · devastated · 

Keep crying there and try to educate people who are smarter than you are. "Noob" eh? so you found that in your childish little dictionary also? Don't be so upset if you were ridiculed. Breathe, before you get a panic attack there.  And then RobT will be out for sure :) 

You really shouldn't piss your pants for every single reply you get. Learn to stay calm. Cheers

Edited by Cruna

My words probably will sound harsh, but whatever, I don't know how to say what I want to say and do not make it sound harsh.

I think that the whole idea of making a separate chat app for 3dxchat is pretty much worthless. 

Why? Because this is A LOT of work. Even if devs will fix all glitches, fix servers, game will be all nice and stable... EVEN then making such an app makes no sense. All these time can be invested in improving the game. Pose editor, hair editor, clothes editor, better face/body customization, flaccid/hard cocks, piercings, mini games, tons of other stuff. 

Want to chat with your friends outside of the game? Use discord. Don't like discord? Already using discord for your rl activities and don't want to give it to your peeps in 3dxchat? Use ANY other app, there are dozens of them.

What the point of spending days and weeks or even months on making an almost useless chat app? Better just work on the game.  

14 hours ago, Xizl said:

My words probably will sound harsh, but whatever, I don't know how to say what I want to say and do not make it sound harsh.

I think that the whole idea of making a separate chat app for 3dxchat is pretty much worthless. 

Why? Because this is A LOT of work. Even if devs will fix all glitches, fix servers, game will be all nice and stable... EVEN then making such an app makes no sense. All these time can be invested in improving the game. Pose editor, hair editor, clothes editor, better face/body customization, flaccid/hard cocks, piercings, mini games, tons of other stuff. 

Want to chat with your friends outside of the game? Use discord. Don't like discord? Already using discord for your rl activities and don't want to give it to your peeps in 3dxchat? Use ANY other app, there are dozens of them.

What the point of spending days and weeks or even months on making an almost useless chat app? Better just work on the game.  

Not harsh, it can difficult trying to get certain things across when tone can not be read. That said, you may be misunderstanding the purpose of the app ( or I suck at clear communication of the use case. 

The purpose of this application is not to communicate outside 3dx. The purpose is to provide an extension of the current 3dx PM platform and make it available to sign in from a mobile device. This would allow people who have friends that are online in the game to send a message from a mobile app and the online user receive the message in game just as a “normal” PM appears now. 

1 hour ago, whoisabefroman said:

The purpose of this application is not to communicate outside 3dx. The purpose is to provide an extension of the current 3dx PM platform and make it available to sign in from a mobile device. This would allow people who have friends that are online in the game to send a message from a mobile app and the online user receive the message in game just as a “normal” PM appears now. 

Let’s break this down. 

- Any app that communicates with 3DX would by definition also communicate with other instances of the App. Example: You trying to reach player X who is currently offline, so your app links to their app. 

- There are a Lot of different phones out there and thus this App would need to be programmed to run on different operating systems like iOS, Android etc. lot of work there. 

- Lastly, again this presents a new way for users to connect to the game servers, thus presents a potential security risk. But also in the other direction as it also gives 3DX access to your mobile devices. 

• 1 month later...

MeiLing missed the purpose of this totally. Instead of running straight to a negative try reading the propsal. Hes asking about FRIENDS... you cannot in any game online pm anyone without being in game. If you are on the friends list you can, and thats exactly what he is trying to ask for. Its not complicated, all online games have that. Discord is not the same, as he stated, you have to be logged into disc, and like myself I have so many discord channels that I have notifications turned off bc I dont want to hear the constant buzz 24/7. AND not everyone uses Disc, I have plenty of friends on all games, including 3dxchat that DO NOT want discord.
Again it has NOTHING to do with stalkers, wtf anyone, and everyone heads straight into a negative I have no idea. Hes asking for a simple process to be given, that ALL ONLINE GAMES OFFER! Im sorry if you dont understand online gaming

Meh, maybeh fo you this is a feature ya want and ah understand why. You are on a family picnic and cant get to ya poota and chat wif online frands, they all gettin down at ya local 3DX Orgy room 🤣 and ya feelin bloos coz ya cant get online...so wottya do...wilps thats easy, ya pull out ya mobile phone of choice , fire ups tha 3DX  Ah cant get on peeps Mobile Chat App, log in and holy mollusks, ya frands will tink ya really thar, mixin eet ups in local or even risking ya health diving on Troll Chat, woobs ah mean World chattins fo a bit of sport.

Yips ah see tha applications fo this but....naaaaaa..fix bugs.....how long do you think eet would take tha Devs to impliment this??   Aaaaaaaages...and wif limited memory nothing else would get done and we would slowlee sink. Plus tha Security risks, tha 24/7 Troll Door that would now be open ah mean a Troll could spit thar poison on tha loo, in tha shower, eatin dinns, at their fave torture club, everywhere...no tanx 😋

Good luck with this, fo nyce peeps this is a good idea but fo aceholes that 3DX has many then no tanx. 😇

Edited by Alliehotass
cat jumped on mah keyboard and messed with mah perfect post.....hith hith