3DXChat Community

Local Chat Versus Private Message

JackPine

After close to two weeks I finally ran into a member of the boards that I recognized.  That was fun to giver her a shout out! 😀

Another observation I have had, is that for many places I have visited, there seems to be a lack of local chat.  The ones that do usually are not English speaking rooms.  I like my dry wit, and self-deprecating humor open the door to other connections with fellow players, and lead the way to discovering more, both mentally and physically.  I love to chat as much as a good hard steamy romp, but seems laborious at times to strike up a conversation, and typically is in private.  Those that I have gotten through have all been a joy to share time with.  Is it a function of not being in the right rooms, a function of me being a male, or god forbid it just being me?!  No, can't be that last one!! 🤪

What does the boards have to say?

May I meet you all in game in some point! 🙂

Jackpine

Most rooms I've stepped into are very chatty in Local, but that probably has a lot to do with some people being regulars in that particular venue. Still, for every rule there's bound to be exceptions.

Thanks Nektar.  I am still looking.  One problem I have is popular rooms lags me terrible, which could be my main issue.  Have an upgrade on the way, so perhaps that solves my dilemma! *crossing fingers*

It really depends on the room. I, like you, have similar dry-wit and sense of humour, which is quite normal for a Brit. I know not everyone “gets it”, whether it is cultural differences, language barriers etc. Not to overly generalise, but I have found Dutch and Danes to have a similar sense of humour. Americans range from having a similar sense of humour to taking things too personally. There are so many different personalities and cultures in 3DX that not all rooms are going to be the same. Also, not everyone is comfortable talking in local chat, some people are introverts and more shy. For me personally, I do like BDSMetal Gang. Local chat is usually very active, there is some good sense of humour from people all over the world. Rooms by the likes of AlphaWulf and Minni are usually fun and active as well. There are probably many others, those are just the ones I have found.

Naming no names, but there are some rooms that do need to improve their local chat and also be more welcoming to new comers. You may have an amazing build and amazing music, but if there is no sense of community or fun then for me, I really do not find myself sticking around.

I feel like it's important to acknowledge people and not treat them like they're only air, but adult communities have many different dynamics that separate them from others. One is that if you do say say 'hi' to someone they are more likely to try to attach to you in some way.

I'm not speaking of, or for, anyone here when I say this but for some people the internet is their last stop because they're not accepted in local social circles or could be generally awkward around others. Many of these may not like other people but ironically feel the need to have social contact, even if it's to openly make others feel like they're less. Adult communities seem to attract these people more than others. Everyone here wants *something*, right? But you have to think about what those around you may be wanting, too, and those things may not be as benign as yours.

At another site, I knew someone for almost 10 years before I saw this side of them. I feel like I can judge motives but I'm always shocked at myself for being shocked at others for the things I see. It's not willful naivety so much as being (sometimes a little dangerously) optimistic.

• 7 months later...

In my experience the yacht is the perfect place for local chat, i met my best online friend/partners there. The problem with local chat is the 60 sec cool-down which make public group conversation tedious unless you start a private group chat :/

Wow.  I started this thread over 7 months ago.  What I wrote then doesn't even compute in my brain anymore.  A blend of experience,  finding a group I just enjoy being around, and even discord groups attached to various venues, I am never for a lack of company and conversation now.  For those just starting out, just hang in there and soon you will be hitting your stride too!