3DXChat Community

Build Editor dont work properly

Aliviax

Hello @Gizmo  and community 

I noticed while building that world editor dont work correctly 

what i mean is lately there are flaws that we didnt had before so maybe you check the world editor values whatever :) 

Personaly i like to build perfectly without flaws and every piece or wall or anything connects perfectly 

bellow i will post 2 pics of examples that something is wrong with the build editor lately .

to explain more what is happpening i have a wall and i make another wall as a direct continuation of same wall so since its a direct continuation of same wall those stuff shouldnt happen (look pics) 

it was working ok years now but lately something is broken 

example 1.jpg

example 2.jpg

I tried to reproduce issue and honestly I can't 🤔

You mean like small gaps or slightly misplaced objects? That's something normal in World Editor since at least 2 years. When you're cloning object it's being misplaced and resized by a few numbers after . so f.ex. object with size 1 1 1 and position 0 0 0 after cloning can have size 1.63263267 1.36326 1.36236236 and position 0.2136236 0.2365236 0.36236623

You have to manually correct that in transform tool to get rid of gaps.

1 hour ago, StellaXOXO said:

I tried to reproduce issue and honestly I can't 🤔

You mean like small gaps or slightly misplaced objects? That's something normal in World Editor since at least 2 years. When you're cloning object it's being misplaced and resized by a few numbers after . so f.ex. object with size 1 1 1 and position 0 0 0 after cloning can have size 1.63263267 1.36326 1.36236236 and position 0.2136236 0.2365236 0.36236623

You have to manually correct that in transform tool to get rid of gaps.

thing is for me it was working perfectly 2 years now issues started 2 weeks now lol 

I'm pretty sure it's working like that since 2018 at least. Perhaps you just didn't notice that in your rooms. Changes in variables are really small and rarely noticable visually, especially in darker rooms. Load one of previous rooms and check transform tool parameters on each objects, you'll see.

7 hours ago, StellaXOXO said:

I'm pretty sure it's working like that since 2018 at least. Perhaps you just didn't notice that in your rooms. Changes in variables are really small and rarely noticable visually, especially in darker rooms. Load one of previous rooms and check transform tool parameters on each objects, you'll see.

its not the case cause everytime i build i always have a strong light on each wall i make so i see if connects perfectly  and the issue i describe started arround 10 days or so at least for me ..

i use same method whatever i build shine a light and look walls from all directions to spot flaws...anyways i think Gizmo should look at build editor  and fix it :) 

Most important if you see example 1 pic you will notice that its a large prop from 1 side to another and if u see the arrow area it connects but not everywhere lol doesnt make any logic cause its one prop  and in other spots it connects and in other spots it doesnt connect lol 

example 1.jpg

2 hours ago, Aliviax said:

i use same method whatever i build shine a light and look walls from all directions to spot flaws...anyways i think Gizmo should look at build editor  and fix it

Such an old issue. Someone said that it was fixed, but I still have this for 2 years.

11 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Most important if you see example 1 pic you will notice that its a large prop from 1 side to another and if u see the arrow area it connects but not everywhere lol doesnt make any logic cause its one prop  and in other spots it connects and in other spots it doesnt connect lol 

example 1.jpg

If it's one big prop then it's apparently broken material or issue with how material is placed on the objects. That would be new issue indeed. Although I just placed wall with exactly same size and same wood material and couldn't find any spot like that so it is possible that your client resources are broken since one of recent updates so I suggest to simply reinstall 3DX, delete folder (no registry cleaning needed since it's at best just a broken resources file) and install again. It is possible that only you can see that issue visually in your rooms.

5 hours ago, ArisGabriel said:

Hello builders ... I see you guys have a problem here and honestly i don't believe i something wrong with editor ... after all 3d building is not just imagination and creativity also include a lot of  math and here is an example of 8 object linked together using just transformation windows and as you can see looks all good ... still though i believe that gap issue might be when we use snap step so i suggest  try using more transformation window tool then gizmo arrows! Thank you.

That's what I said in my first post in this topic. Anyway, transform tool itself is also broken what I explained in first post too so builders using it a lot should be aware to double check all objects numbers, especially after cloning or moving them using gizmos. However the issue described by Alivia seems to count to single object only with material on so that would be most likely texturing issue.

3 hours ago, StellaXOXO said:

If it's one big prop then it's apparently broken material or issue with how material is placed on the objects. That would be new issue indeed. Although I just placed wall with exactly same size and same wood material and couldn't find any spot like that so it is possible that your client resources are broken since one of recent updates so I suggest to simply reinstall 3DX, delete folder (no registry cleaning needed since it's at best just a broken resources file) and install again. It is possible that only you can see that issue visually in your rooms.

That's what I said in my first post in this topic. Anyway, transform tool itself is also broken what I explained in first post too so builders using it a lot should be aware to double check all objects numbers, especially after cloning or moving them using gizmos. However the issue described by Alivia seems to count to single object only with material on so that would be most likely texturing issue.

well stella i never had the issue i have described  so ill try reinstall cause i too also think something is broken on my client cause i had also the bug in editor with panties not showing and missing body part hahaha 

also @ArisGabriel  lol we talk about the bug gap that for me didnt exist 2 years now we know all about trasform tool ..thing is stuff need to work properly and not patch them with temporary meassures (bandages) ^^ the issue i describe is still there even if i dont use snap i lean to stella opinion that when cloning the cloned object isnt exactly where it suppose to be ..lately (for me at least ) 

also @StellaXOXO  correcting the issue with trasform works as u said  but as i said clone prop should be in same place lol dont make sense cloning and the cloned prop isnt in same place as original so yes editor needs some fixing i guess :) 

53 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

also @StellaXOXO  correcting the issue with trasform works as u said  but as i said clone prop should be in same place lol dont make sense cloning and the cloned prop isnt in same place as original so yes editor needs some fixing i guess

Of course. That's direct issue of transform tool and should be fixed but somehow still exists since like always 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, ArisGabriel said:

i was trying to help by showing another way that you can move, rotate and link object without  having that issue wile you waiting for Administrator to fix that ...anyway good luck with this problem hope will be fix

We know how to use transform tool and that's not point of this topic. Since Alivia provided more details now we know it's issue happening on a one, single object and that's not supposed to happen. Still in this case it looks just like a broken texture in the client so simple reinstall should fix the thing.

You're correct that transform tool helps in avoiding this kind of misplacing. But you're missing the point when I said that object itself is misplaced and even slightly resized with very little numbers after dot when you  clone or simply even move it around using gizmos. That is an issue of transform tool because it should be keeping numbers while it's not. It's super easy to reproduce:

1) set any object at f.ex. 0.5 | 0.5 | 0.5

2) clone it, move cloned object, clone again, move again

3) check numbers of all objects in transform tool after that

In most of cases they'll switch from 0.5 to 0.547548458 0.5754785484. This is very little difference but noticeable visually. That's the point when you have to manually correct numbers back to 0.5 | 0.5 | 0.5. Snap step is working perfectly fine unless generally used in wrong way. Transform tool is broken but fortunately easly fixable by manual numbers input, just annoying that we have to do that nearly each time we clone or move objects.

6 hours ago, ArisGabriel said:

Interesting this topic shows that this bug was here from 2018 still  though @Aliviax have this problem only from few days 'started arround 10 days or so at least for me ...

so maybe a fresh install of the game will fix the problem??? ... just saying

Not quite.. That bug was fixed, the gaps it left were bad, your entire item you built would literally explode apart leaving gaps at nearly every joint. 

The fix lowered the amount to a point where no visible gaps could be seen, but it still doesnt set as "0" . But this doesnt appear to be the problem the OP is having? The texture seems to be covered at random points along the seam which is very odd and nothing ive ever seen or heard of before.

The only issue I still come across from time to time is something thats been there from day one, and thats when you apply a texture to a flat surface that is not directly on an X or Y axis, so for example, a wall at 45deg. The texture becomes blurred, its particularly noticable on some wood, brick and stone textures, but not all of them. Its an issue that has probably not been seen by many as that configuration is rarely used by anyone building, and again not all textures do it.

Heres a pic of the problem.

texture.JPG

Edited by JenC

the issue i was describing after a clean install yayyy no more there fixed no more gaps when clonning items and make direct continuations

i made tons of test cloning and watching walls from all sides with lights to be sure :) 

So @StellaXOXO was right about my client :) to give due credits :)

Thread can close now :) 

9 hours ago, ArisGabriel said:

I know you talk about that gap @Aliviax and i have non of all this issues you mentioned here ...  i was trying to help by showing another way that you can move, rotate and link object without  having that issue wile you waiting for Administrator to fix that ...anyway good luck with this problem hope will be fix

PS: if you really know everything about transform tool then you should really use it more to avoid all this issues ... 

i use trasform tool in this game 3 years now But for this topic it was never the case cause the gaps when u clone was due to something broken and in my case was the client and a fresh install of the game took care of it :) 

18 hours ago, JenC said:

The texture becomes blurred, its particularly noticable on some wood, brick and stone textures, but not all of them.

Actually all of them if I ain`t wrong.

ps: in unity, the environment projector is 6-sided(Cube) and I bet that the global material/texture projector is the same cubic. that is why textures at some angle have mixed view.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧